Daniel Boone vs. Greeneville

formerblazer

Good point. It is easy to sit and criticize the coaches. It may look easy from the stands but I know that 99.999999 percent of us (me included) that criticize could not come close to doing the job that we take these people for granted for. I too think Greeneville is much improved (how much will not truly be known until early December). Remember, just a few years back Greeneville was expected to make it to the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs each year. That said, until someone between Morristown & Bristol (West did it in 2003, but once in a blue moon does not satisfy for long) can beat Maryville (or the Region 3-4 champ), nothing will have truly changed.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barb, Greeneville fan i'm guessing? I played under coach Zeller (Greeneville's Old Coach). The team just seems to be more motivated and excited than what the last two seasons showed. I never played against Boone, and I never even saw Boone play until this years jamboree, so I'm excited to see how good Boone really is. The jamboree and the BIG WIN versus South Greene has me feeling really good about our chances tomorrow night.

I play golf on an occassion with a coach from Maryville. He said that they feel they will win state this year because they are very talented but the staff feels their run may be over after this season. As he put it, "the well is a runnin' dry". We'll see.

With 1650 students, surely TSSAA will make them move up in classification. Their well drying up is a good year for anyone else in East TN. Who cares if the well is drying, just get them out of 4A. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Barb, Greeneville fan i'm guessing? I played under coach Zeller (Greeneville's Old Coach). The team just seems to be more motivated and excited than what the last two seasons showed. I never played against Boone, and I never even saw Boone play until this years jamboree, so I'm excited to see how good Boone really is. The jamboree and the BIG WIN versus South Greene has me feeling really good about our chances tomorrow night.

WOW! A Big Bad 4A school winning against a 2A school Really Big Deal!! Didn't look like a huge win to me

(YES I was at the game) and if SG had the same QB in the first half of the game as the second half the score may not have turned out like it did. Now Boone gets to play against a school in their division. I guess a 4A vs. 2A win is a big deal to these guys. Let's see how big and bad they are this week. They may not have so much to brag about after this week. Good luck GHS!! Hope you smoke these Blow Hard Blazers!!!!

So is the Boone line as big as the piece on the SG game in the GV Sun implied, "David and Goliath"? I mean are they really of biblical proportion or is SG just really small?

On the subject of Zellar, he had a couple of years where discipline seemed to be a problem...that can really be devastating for a young team. If McCurry can keep his talent focused and toeing the line, he is gonna have a great run in Greeneville.

So is the Boone line as big as the piece on the SG game in the GV Sun implied, "David and Goliath"? I mean are they really of biblical proportion or is SG just really small?

On the subject of Zellar, he had a couple of years where discipline seemed to be a problem...that can really be devastating for a young team. If McCurry can keep his talent focused and toeing the line, he is gonna have a great run in Greeneville.

SG has 530 students Boone has 1000 more kids to choose from, SG is 2A Boone is 4A. Boone had some big guys, but it looked like they played their first team all night to me. SG had too many turnovers in the first half of the game and a QB that couldn't move the ball. SG had 1 first down and 13 yards in the first half of the game Boone had the ball most of the first half and only managed 2 TD's. With that much opportunity if their are so good looks like they could have scored more. I don't think GHS will have much problem with them!!!

So you get your kicks watching mud-wrestling grannies I considered Compujerk but maybe Compuperv is more appropriate. Not sure I understand the rest of the post though. Almost seems like you're implying I am a player...but the goddess part is brilliant ...thats it I should change my name to barb- the-mud-wrestling-granny-goddess. Does that work for you Buckybabydaddio?

With 1650 students, surely TSSAA will make them move up in classification. Their well drying up is a good year for anyone else in East TN. Who cares if the well is drying, just get them out of 4A. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

TSSAA has their 2006 enrollment @1381 which is certainly above the 1347 cutoff for 4A schools( David Crockett lists an enrollment of 1380). When this current classification was done in 2004 they had enrollment of 1351, since enrollment was so close to the cut-off, Maryville was allowed to remain in 4A through another classification period which ends 2009. Unless their enrollment spikes at least 20 %, moving up a classification will be voluntary until then. However, MoEast and MoWest are on the verge of reclassification. But don't worry, several 3A schools are poised to move up to 4A to take their place.

TSSAA has their 2006 enrollment @1381 which is certainly above the 1347 cutoff for 4A schools( David Crockett lists an enrollment of 1380). When this current classification was done in 2004 they had enrollment of 1351, since enrollment was so close to the cut-off, Maryville was allowed to remain in 4A through another classification period which ends 2009. Unless their enrollment spikes at least 20 %, moving up a classification will be voluntary until then. However, MoEast and MoWest are on the verge of reclassification. But don't worry, several 3A schools are poised to move up to 4A to take their place.

I don't care who moves up! Just move MHS to Div IAA!!!!!!!!!

The jamboree and the BIG WIN versus South Greene has me feeling really good about our chances tomorrow night.

And you want me to cut them some slack?

WOW! A Big Bad 4A school winning against a 2A school Really Big Deal!! Didn't look like a huge win to me

(YES I was at the game) and if SG had the same QB in the first half of the game as the second half the score may not have turned out like it did. Now Boone gets to play against a school in their division. I guess a 4A vs. 2A win is a big deal to these guys. Let's see how big and bad they are this week. They may not have so much to brag about after this week. Good luck GHS!! Hope you smoke these Blow Hard Blazers!!!!

Now, I expect this type of thing out of South Greene. Blowhard Blazers? Only people trashing YOU on here weren't from Boone. Read it again. Sorry you lost, but your coach scheduled the 4A opponent.

No, Barb, as I said before, last year they were usually smaller than the teams they played, but had good skills as lineman. Occasionally size overcame them. Volunteer had a big line, and of course, MoWest was big and talented. Sullivan South was just too talented overall. This year, I don't know yet.

It would seem that the conference will go to either Greeneville or MoEast, MoWest will still make some noise, and Boone will have to struggle for a playoff spot, but it's very early, anything could happen. Kinda surprised that Volunteer lost to Sullivan east, even though I heard East was improved.

Best I can figure Compustupe is a Sullivan South guy, so he'll be obnoxious for at least one more season.

chasescott appears to be from Knoxville way, not a Boone fan, just a Greeneville hater, I guess.