Kingston @ Livingston Academy

wpasi

As to your first point BigDaddy, you are right that 2 years ago LA beat Kingston. This year's LA team may be better than last, but they are still 0-2 going into this game. I think that they, along with the other "lower-tier" teams in Region 2, have a tough road and lots of work to do to compete week-in and week-out in the Region. I didn't mean to say something controversial, I figured it was a pretty fair statement. As to your second point, I am an eternal optimist and I pull for the "little guys" to win. I honestly think that Anderson County, Scott, or Kingston has the ability to pull an upset this fall. Fulton is still breaking in a new line and AE was ran on pretty good by Webb. I have picked AC to pull an early season upset of Fulton this week(it seems every few years Fulton has a bumpy start), again as you said I may be "nuts" but I can recall when Kingston and Anderson County were two of the toughest teams in the area, reguardless of division.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to your first point BigDaddy, you are right that 2 years ago LA beat Kingston. This year's LA team may be better than last, but they are still 0-2 going into this game. I think that they, along with the other "lower-tier" teams in Region 2, have a tough road and lots of work to do to compete week-in and week-out in the Region. I didn't mean to say something controversial, I figured it was a pretty fair statement. As to your second point, I am an eternal optimist and I pull for the "little guys" to win. I honestly think that Anderson County, Scott, or Kingston has the ability to pull an upset this fall. Fulton is still breaking in a new line and AE was ran on pretty good by Webb. I have picked AC to pull an early season upset of Fulton this week(it seems every few years Fulton has a bumpy start), again as you said I may be "nuts" but I can recall when Kingston and Anderson County were two of the toughest teams in the area, reguardless of division.

Right, we are 0-2 because we don't nothing play nothing but great teams outside our region..Smith County is a top 5 team in 2-A, Trousdale is a top 5 team in 1-A(not to mention they are kind of rivalry games)..Who by the way either of those two teams are capable of beating all of the "lower tier" teams of this region..We are still rebuilding our program, but outside the top 3 in our region, no one really dominated us last year..I say your nuts because you have predicted at least a 24 point loss to Kingston. Nothing wrong with optimism, but reality is another thing..The big three are going to the playoffs, and its a battle for 4th.Oh yea, 05 may have not been a dominant year. But, we were the most dominant 4th seed in history..No one can argue that!!

I agree that the 2005 team was the most dominant team of the playoffs that year. They were a great story, the kind that movies are made about. I picked Kingston by 24 based on last year's score(20-0) and on the fact that Kingston is coming off of a win and LA is coming off of two losses. You are probably right about the big three, but I really think that the other guys have a shot, especially with AE playing at Scott and Kingston(after Fulton), and Fulton at AC this week. I wish luck to Livingston Academy and safe travels to Kingston.

I am by no means going to say that I think LA is a favorite in this upcoming game Friday night, because I really don't think so. But, I think if LA keeps improving that they might compete and possibly pull the upset. However, I don't see Kingston being out of reach for LA. Definitely not a team that can play with "the big three" week in and week out. Like I said in an earlier post, I am going with

LA 21

Kingston 20

As long as they continue to "free it up a little" or alot..

You got that right, Big Daddy! Let's just hope whoever is calling the shots saw that last week!!

I can't see Kingston being much better than they were last year with what they lost to graduation, and if we play like we did at TC, we are much better than last year. That being the case, no way they beat us by 24, if they beat us at all. Like I said before,if we improve just a bit over last week, we got a good shot!! GO BIG BLUE!!

I agree that the 2005 team was the most dominant team of the playoffs that year. They were a great story, the kind that movies are made about. I picked Kingston by 24 based on last year's score(20-0) and on the fact that Kingston is coming off of a win and LA is coming off of two losses. You are probably right about the big three, but I really think that the other guys have a shot, especially with AE playing at Scott and Kingston(after Fulton), and Fulton at AC this week. I wish luck to Livingston Academy and safe travels to Kingston.

By all means (at least this time ) I am not trying to argue, but if your basing score from the previous year, shouldn't LA have beaten Kingston by 15-20 last year(LA 33-18 In 05)..And the loss last week was I believe a real stepping stone for our program, plus Kingston beat a team that IMO is nowhere close to Smith County or Trousdale Co. I am probably going to get some Scott Co. fans on me here but, they are at best a 4th place team in our region if they are that..A.C. or Kingston is probably the best pick for the 4th seed..BTW, all opinions an here are mine and LA should not be held accountable for any of my posts!!

One thing is for sure, Fiday nights always serve up the facts= who won and who lost!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

I don't know about Leonard, but I am pretty sure everyone was betting against the Wildcats in '05. According to Sonny Moore, LA is actually the favorite by 1 point...but I am still sticking with the Jackets.

Well I doubt that! Anyone who saw this team play with the determination and "refuse to lose" attitude they had would not have bet against them. But I guess they lost a few bucks if they never had the pleasure of watching them play! Yea, I saw where this guy had us favored against Smith County in week 0 also. I hope he knows more this week than in week 0!