Alcoa Tornadoes

Rankinated2010

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa has not won three state titles in a row and gone virtually untested (outside of Maryville) over the last two years for no reason. The Tornadoes are a great football program and one that can easily 4-PEAT in December.

I do believe that Goodpasture & Huntingdon are two teams that have closed the gap. Goodpasture has two wins over 5A schools Ravenwood & McGavock to start the year while Huntingdon beat a very good Milan bunch in their opener. Smith Co. is another team that has to be reckoned with as they just dismantled a very good Gordonsville squad. Lewis Co. is off to a great start with two big time wins over two of the upper level 1A teams.

Alcoa didn't look exceptional in the win at Spring Hill in week zero. They scored off of several mistakes by the Raiders. I WILL SAY THAT ALCOA WAS WITHOUT SEVERAL KEY PLAYERS IN THAT GAME!!!! Last week they got it handed to them by Maryville. Who hasn't gotten it handed to them by Maryville though?????

How does Alcoa bounce back this week???? White House is a very good 3A program that never misses the playoffs and always comes to play. I will not say they are going to "destroy Alcoa" like those idiots did on the other thread that was started back in March. They do however have the capability and the experience to possibly upset Alcoa if the Tornadoes come into that game suffering from a "hangover" following the Maryville game. I WILL ANSWER THE QUESTION ON HOW GOOD CAN ALCOA TRULY BE THIS TIME NEXT WEEK!!!

Thank you , finally somebody that knows

A legend such as myself knows about most teams in Tennessee. It is good for a young ladd like yourself to get advice from an old legend. Anytime you want to talk about football, just ask. Keep up the good work up in Alcoa. You will get the chance to make many teams bow down this year.

Alcoa is very good. They will be very hard for anyone to stop.

Was Sommer injured against Maryville? He didn't look as good as I have seen him in the past.

Cobb and Hodge are outstanding. I believe if Hodge only went one way on offense, he would be every bit as good as Shivy. However he is such a good OLB too.

Good luck Alcoa.........

Alcoa will win their region again but i do think the gap is a little closer between the other three (Loudon, CAK and Sweetwater). there is still the intimidation factor to figure in to. 2 years ago Loudon held the game to within 7pts in the 3rd qtr but failed on a 4th down try. When Alcoa went up by 2 scores the game was over. If a team can get past the "oh my gosh its Alcoa!" thought going into the game then maybe someone can knock them off. Till they do, the Tornadoes are still the best.

Loudon and CAK play this week so I'm sure Alcoa will be watching.

Good luck on the rest of your season

Alcoa is very good. They will be very hard for anyone to stop.

Was Sommer injured against Maryville? He didn't look as good as I have seen him in the past.

Cobb and Hodge are outstanding. I believe if Hodge only went one way on offense, he would be every bit as good as Shivy. However he is such a good OLB too.

Good luck Alcoa.........

he wasnt injured, but maryville knew every pass play that alcoa was running. by the formation, Maryville could tell which route every receiver was running. add two or three dropped passes, and that leads to alcoa only having 78 yards passing. but its hard to beat someone that already knows where your going. that is why the run game was still so efficient, because you can go anyway you want.