Cookeville vs Coffee Co

windysports

He will have a nice scholarship at the end of this year but it will not be because he's a great player. He's big, real big and colleges will take a chance on somebody that big. All he does is down block, every single play. Anybody familiar with the double wing like Coffee runs know they make a living off the down block and pulling both gaurds. Buck, trap, sally, and the double handoff. He couldn't operate in the spread.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that!(besides your score being so close and asking the radiers to prove you wrong,haha) As far as special teams, Cookeville has one of the best high school kickers that I have personally ever seen. He easily boots the ball into the end zone on every kickoff if instructed. Jerred Griggs is a heck of a return man..ask Knoxville Central, they found out the hard way.

When i watched #78 play for Coffee County, I wasn't impressed. True, he's 7 feet tall but his technique isn't all state material at all. Also, getting ejected last week against Oakland should tell you something. Maybe the ref was trigger happy but you must have some self control.

Looking forward to a great game friday! Coffee County has an amazing field.

The field is in good shape as always...also repainted the visitor bleachers and put up a new merchandise stand this year! And Robbie getting ejected doesn't tell you anything, it was overturned by the TSSAA for a reason, neither player did anything that warranted an unsportsmanlike penalty, much less an ejection. If anything Robbie isn't mean enough. Can't wait until tomorrow should be fun, Cookeville have a safe trip on the way down!

Amen to that!(besides your score being so close and asking the radiers to prove you wrong,haha) As far as special teams, Cookeville has one of the best high school kickers that I have personally ever seen. He easily boots the ball into the end zone on every kickoff if instructed. Jerred Griggs is a heck of a return man..ask Knoxville Central, they found out the hard way.

When i watched #78 play for Coffee County, I wasn't impressed. True, he's 7 feet tall but his technique isn't all state material at all. Also, getting ejected last week against Oakland should tell you something. Maybe the ref was trigger happy but you must have some self control.

Looking forward to a great game friday! Coffee County has an amazing field.

If you had watched the video neither player did anything wrong, good that both players will be back this week. You don't need self control when you do nothing wrong and the TSSAA agreed. By the way the away stands have been improved, I think you'll like them.

If you had watched the video neither player did anything wrong, good that both players will be back this week. You don't need self control when you do nothing wrong and the TSSAA agreed. By the way the away stands have been improved, I think you'll like them.

Don't you have a show or something to be doing right now lol?

He will have a nice scholarship at the end of this year but it will not be because he's a great player. He's big, real big and colleges will take a chance on somebody that big. All he does is down block, every single play. Anybody familiar with the double wing like Coffee runs know they make a living off the down block and pulling both gaurds. Buck, trap, sally, and the double handoff. He couldn't operate in the spread.

Robbie will be a great player in college. He will probably go to UT and he should will fit in good. The Vols haven't thrown down field in years.

OK, I may regret this but here I go. I have ALL the repect in the world for Cookeville having seen them for the last few years when they played R'dale in the playoffs. Second I have NEVER picked Coffee County in anything until this week. Now my reasons.

1. Cookeville likes to run up the middle and if you try that this year with CC they will stuff you. They are susceptable to your speed if you run at the ends.

2. While 78 is BIG he can be beat with technique and strength, but it is gonna have to be a BUNCH of strength.

3. CC's pass defense is better than advertised! They can be beat deep but it will take superior speed and like folks have said already Cookeville's speed reciever is out this week.

Truthfully I would call this game a toss up right now, but I went with CC in the Region 4 pick em because of CC's home field advantage this week. Unless Cookville can bring a REALLY big crowd this week CC's fans will drown out anything positive your team will hear.

And for any that really want to know I watched the game last week between CC and Oakland and am still trying to figure out why either player was thrown out as they were just pushing each other and NOT throwing fists and I was watching them as I watch linemen in games.

Robbie will be a great player in college. He will probably go to UT and he should will fit in good. The Vols haven't thrown down field in years.

You have GOT to be kidding...there is no way that UT would even imagine signing someone who can only block down. You apparently do not watch many UT football games because those linemen are way more agile and have a tad bit more skill. I would say Cumberland University would be a good fit. MAYBE TTU but im not too sure about that. Im sure Vince McMahon of the WWE would give him a shot since he likes 7 foot men! hahaha!

You have GOT to be kidding...there is no way that UT would even imagine signing someone who can only block down. You apparently do not watch many UT football games because those linemen are way more agile and have a tad bit more skill. I would say Cumberland University would be a good fit. MAYBE TTU but im not too sure about that. Im sure Vince McMahon of the WWE would give him a shot since he likes 7 foot men! hahaha!

Im sure Vince McMahon of the WWE would give him a shot since he likes 7 foot men! hahaha!

No roid rage please

I'm gonna go with Cookeville in a not so close game as everyone believes. I think the fact that Cookeville knows how to win big ball games along with i believe they have the better special teams, they will find ways to win. It'll be a good ball game for most of the way but I think the people down in Coffee Co. don't know how good this Cookeville team is if they are clicking. Yes, Cookeville`s all-state running back is out but I still don't think its enough to totally disrupt their offense. If Cookeville gets the lead early, could get ugly. My prediction is . . .

Cookeville - 36

Coffee Co. - 28 (with coffee scoring very late in the 4th.)

I never said you couldn't post about basketball so i don't care what you post. I don't care how close you are to the program, you still don't know anything. You act like sparta is really good in bball. Take away last year (which they still finished 3rd in the district) then they are garbage. The last 8 years in sparta they haven't beeb very good. So i know your not very good in football but just to let you know, your not very good in bball either. And I also believe your not closer than me when it comes to programs.

HEY HEISMAN ON YOUR WAY THRU SPARTA TO COFFEE COUNTY WE WILL LEAVE THE GYM OPEN AND YOU CAN STOP AND RUB OUR TWO GOLD BALLS.COOKEVILLE BY 2 TDS.

HEY HEISMAN ON YOUR WAY THRU SPARTA TO COFFEE COUNTY WE WILL LEAVE THE GYM OPEN AND YOU CAN STOP AND RUB OUR TWO GOLD BALLS.COOKEVILLE BY 2 TDS.

Your living in the past sparta boy. 10 years ago doesn't count. I hate to break it to you but you better hold on to those two cause they'll be the only ones you will get. ever. Good luck agaisnt Chester Valley.

Robbie has a standing inventation to go to UT and several other Major schools want him. Size matters!!!!