KNOX HALLS @ KNOX CENTRAL

reddevilfever

Central will not score 14 against the Red Devils and Halls will put up big numbers ala 35 - 40 points. Central's defense is not very good, Halls defense is very good except they gave up too many yards passing to S.C. Central can't throw nearly as good as S.C. did, so that should not be a factor. Halls 2-0 and rolling, Central 0-3 and reeling.

I don't agree with RDF about Helton leaving at the end of the year. When they loose this week, he may be gone Saturday morning.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mood sure has changed at Halls in the last two months. A win or two always makes people feel better but you need to look out for a mad Central team on Friday night. I would expect that Farragut would have opened the same can on Halls last Friday night and then I quess the Central fans might be on here.

I just don't think that Central is as bad as you guys say and I think you will find out on Friday.

Central By 14

Rebel 9

I agree Rebel 9. Central will be mad and not just because they are 0-2. This is the battle of Black Oak Ridge. These schools are less than 4 or 5 miles apart. Although Central has dominated lately, this is still a good rivalry. Many of these players know each other and several have played together on travel teams in baseball or basketball. Then you have several sophamores from Halls that played for Central in youth football a few years ago. This will be a hard fought game. I have no idea what will happen as far as the score. Halls is unpredictable as far as what they can accomplish. The talent is good enough to make some noise this year. However, much of it is still green. Central could run all over the field on Halls or Halls could shut them down and find good matchups to score a few themselves. Either team could win by 14 IMO.

I agree Rebel 9. Central will be mad and not just because they are 0-2. This is the battle of Black Oak Ridge. These schools are less than 4 or 5 miles apart. Although Central has dominated lately, this is still a good rivalry. Many of these players know each other and several have played together on travel teams in baseball or basketball. Then you have several sophamores from Halls that played for Central in youth football a few years ago. This will be a hard fought game. I have no idea what will happen as far as the score. Halls is unpredictable as far as what they can accomplish. The talent is good enough to make some noise this year. However, much of it is still green. Central could run all over the field on Halls or Halls could shut them down and find good matchups to score a few themselves. Either team could win by 14 IMO.

You are probally right about either team could win but LSMFT needs to help his team out a little by not printing locker room material for Central. They don't need any help from a Halls fan to get ready for this battle.

Questions/comments:

- Is Junior back healthy at linebacker/reciever? What was Wilson's injury that kept him out at Farr., and is he expected to be at 100% Friday night?

- Rebel9 - I agree about not getting on here and giving B. Board material, but even more so to not encourage the Halls players that read this to get the big head. All Halls did was win a ballgame. That doesn't put them in the elite group by any stretch of imagination!

- Halls players - expect to get smacked in the mouth hard and often by an angry dog (cat in this case?). If you are not expecting a dogfight Friday night the game will be over before you know what hit you!!

- ZCAR - I agree that sometimes "Freshman football can be overrated", however it doesn't take a brain surgeon to recognize a special talent when you see one. Wilson has a history of detroying the group of Juniors at Halls. From 8 year old hoppers (He was the back for Holston that scored 5 TD's against our team in the old "City - County" championship) until the Freshman game I mentioned (250+ yards, 3 TD's, only about 6 or 7 carries). He is a special talent and if healthy, he will be the best back we see this year!!

Go Halls, and work really hard this week in practice!!!

Your right Ironman on Jamie Wilson he has been a stud throughout park football. If he is 100% we will have to design a containment plan for him and it makes Central that much harder to defend against. What I was getting at is too many people put so much importance on freshman football records & stats which if many freshman are so talented they should be playing varsity instead of the upperclassmen. Very few coaches like to play sophomores on the varsity nevertheless freshmen. If they do its either they are a stud or they have no choice because of lack of interest or talent by the upperclassmen.

Talking today to some Central buddies they are at a loss at there defense this year. Now is it that because they have played two quality programs and expected more or is it because of injury or graduation that has taken it toll. I am not sure and they really weren't either.

I expect Central to be hungry 0-2 is unlike them and I agree with most this could be for third & fourth place this year in the region. I don't see a 35-0 massacre repeating itself in fact Halls should account for themselves very well. I think this year finally we have some matchups that give us a big edge.

Wow! This thread is scary quiet at the moment.

One thing I hope we didn't overlook Friday night was the kicking game I was very impressed. Tough losing a great player in O'Kicker but Kahn and Turner did much better than I expected. So to did all the special teams play for that matter. Good job Red Devils keep it up.

Central will not score 14 against the Red Devils and Halls will put up big numbers ala 35 - 40 points. Central's defense is not very good, Halls defense is very good except they gave up too many yards passing to S.C. Central can't throw nearly as good as S.C. did, so that should not be a factor. Halls 2-0 and rolling, Central 0-3 and reeling.

I don't agree with RDF about Helton leaving at the end of the year. When they loose this week, he may be gone Saturday morning.

Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. I doubt Halls will put up that many points. However, given what we've seen in one game, I think this one could go either way. Central's game against Cookeville was more telling than Friday's game against Farragut, but I'm going to go with the Devils, 20-14.