Henry Co. vs Martin Westview?

BigRedForLife

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is that its going to be a great battle, one for the ages!

Everyone who can't find a game that interest them, be in Henry County Friday night for what is sure to be a great display of smash mouth football!

This is one of the better posts on here. It is going to be a smashmouth contest, just depends on who can outlast who. With two platoons running for the Patriots, the Chargers will have to pull double duty. Not saying this will happen, but that may be Westview's undoing in this one.

hope you run into the clarksville wildcats in the 2nd or 3rd round. They will be sending you home. i no they will be there. then we will see how bad your hc team really is.

Well Viking fan, I want to congratulate you guys on your win the other night. I hope you guys finish strong and make an entry into the playoffs. However, your statement just won't happen. I would love nothing more than to play those Wildcats and show them "just how bad our team really is." Fact is, Clarksville will have to beat Maplewood/Mt. Juliet and then Hillsboro first. We would only meet them in the semis. Even if we did play, in all likelyhood they would NOT be sending us home.

This is one of the better posts on here. It is going to be a smashmouth contest, just depends on who can outlast who. With two platoons running for the Patriots, the Chargers will have to pull double duty. Not saying this will happen, but that may be Westview's undoing in this one.

Well Viking fan, I want to congratulate you guys on your win the other night. I hope you guys finish strong and make an entry into the playoffs. However, your statement just won't happen. I would love nothing more than to play those Wildcats and show them "just how bad our team really is." Fact is, Clarksville will have to beat Maplewood/Mt. Juliet and then Hillsboro first. We would only meet them in the semis. Even if we did play, in all likelyhood they would NOT be sending us home.

they beat maplewood in 06 mj got them by 3 and hillsboro took them out i no. They took you out to 7 to 42. there stronger and faster this year. and if you do meet them in the semis this year. you also will get to meet the bruiser your going to have to contain him and takes more than 1 to stop him and sometimes 3 for real . just keep your eye out on them as this season moves on. it will get your attention. no sour grapes here but you guys always have had big heads good ones hit.

They are not my coaches, I have a dual allegiance that will not be disclosed but Westview is not one of them. I feel quite in tune with the football being played in west TN and make judgement calls accordingly. I am wrong on occasion and this may be one of them but you will not mercy rule Westview as some have predicted.

Coady left HC three years before HC played Baylor. Hurst joined Coady two years after he left. Scott Samsel was at the helm when you beat them there. The following year you played them at home and won again.

You will have to Melrose in the Quarters to be playing turkey week. I am not sure you can do that this year. I will be pulling for you should you make it.

Patriot fans.........the Rat squeaks again with bogus info! And........Mighty Mouse pretends to cheer for many teams but refuses to show his allegiance to his online friends!! So.................FOR THE RECORD..................the ADVISOR will show how inaccurate the Ol' Wet Rat with his Patriot football history. Although they may not be "your coaches"..........at least one of the former James Counce assistants WAS on the staff in 1993............AND.............WAS on the sidelines as the PATRIOTS shocked the RED RAIDERS of Chattanooga Baylor in overtime 23-17 in overtime. Indeed is was the last year for Coach Counce to lead the Patriots. TRUE.........it was the Scott Samsel led squad who made the trip to Chattanooga the following year! The ADVISOR can remember leaving the office before lunch to make the journey to "See Rock City" in the old white Suburban (Man the ADVISOR misses that Football Limo). As I recall........some students actually flew to the game!

While we are BRIEFLY discussing past seasons, ALL threaders from HENRY, WEAKLEY, and looks like now even MONTGOMERY county might want to review the record books!! Westview given the Patriots something to think about. Remember, the Chargers put a 47-0 whoopin' on the Patriots not TOO long ago! The year was 1970!!!!!! Since then............The Big Red has gone 3-0 against the Bolts last meeting them in 1973! (How terrible must Martin have been that year since it was our ONLY win!!??) (Nearly half of the points scored that season came against the Chargers!)

And who jerked NWBALLER's chain?? Drewcephus.........will you remind this goon that the Patriots own the VIKINGS with a 21-3

all-time record?? Oh.......before the ADVISOR forgets.............Likewise..........we have traditionally dominanted those CHS Wildcats who he speaks so highly of.......although not like the Vikings and the NE Eagles! What these Montgomery County genuises forget..........Patriot fans ALWAYS wish our old District 10-AAA partners luck as they take on the rest of the Volunteer and Bluegrass states!! So.................good luck CHS and Northwest Vikings we love to share our Turkey and Dressing with one of you two!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE!!

Patriot fans.........the Rat squeaks again with bogus info! And........Mighty Mouse pretends to cheer for many teams but refuses to show his allegiance to his online friends!! So.................FOR THE RECORD..................the ADVISOR will show how inaccurate the Ol' Wet Rat with his Patriot football history. Although they may not be "your coaches"..........at least one of the former James Counce assistants WAS on the staff in 1993............AND.............WAS on the sidelines as the PATRIOTS shocked the RED RAIDERS of Chattanooga Baylor in overtime 23-17 in overtime. Indeed is was the last year for Coach Counce to lead the Patriots. TRUE.........it was the Scott Samsel led squad who made the trip to Chattanooga the following year! The ADVISOR can remember leaving the office before lunch to make the journey to "See Rock City" in the old white Suburban (Man the ADVISOR misses that Football Limo). As I recall........some students actually flew to the game!

While we are BRIEFLY discussing past seasons, ALL threaders from HENRY, WEAKLEY, and looks like now even MONTGOMERY county might want to review the record books!! Westview given the Patriots something to think about. Remember, the Chargers put a 47-0 whoopin' on the Patriots not TOO long ago! The year was 1970!!!!!! Since then............The Big Red has gone 3-0 against the Bolts last meeting them in 1973! (How terrible must Martin have been that year since it was our ONLY win!!??) (Nearly half of the points scored that season came against the Chargers!)

And who jerked NWBALLER's chain?? Drewcephus.........will you remind this goon that the Patriots own the VIKINGS with a 21-3

all-time record?? Oh.......before the ADVISOR forgets.............Likewise..........we have traditionally dominanted those CHS Wildcats who he speaks so highly of.......although not like the Vikings and the NE Eagles! What these Montgomery County genuises forget..........Patriot fans ALWAYS wish our old District 10-AAA partners luck as they take on the rest of the Volunteer and Bluegrass states!! So.................good luck CHS and Northwest Vikings we love to share our Turkey and Dressing with one of you two!!! GOBBLE GOBBLE!!

Your so vain bet you like to look at yourself every time you pass a mirror. and i have some really good friends since grade school on that team at chs. whats your over all record against them you must no.

no doubt henry co. has a good football team. im looking to see what you do when you run up on a good one like Munford Cougars

i think i will take my first post back. i will give the chargers some credit for there size. Even though i still think hc will pull out the win.

Thats weak Buttermilk boy!! You can't talk trash and then take it back. Be a man say what you mean if you think HC is the team then say if not just hush. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen!!! Go Big RED!!!!!

Your so vain bet you like to look at yourself every time you pass a mirror. and i have some really good friends since grade school on that team at chs. whats your over all record against them you must no.

no doubt henry co. has a good football team. im looking to see what you do when you run up on a good one like Munford Cougars

Would another Patriot fan mind answering nwballer's question? I'm too busy flexing in the mirror to get to him right now!! Man I can't believe the ADVISOR looks this good at 54!!

Westview will come in with size, decent speed, and confidence. Henry Co. will come in with more size, more speed and more confidence. This game will be a good one, but HC to win, but it will be a hard faught battle. HC has momentum, just need to focus on execution because Coady will have a well disciplined team.

I expect Westview to try and manage the clock and keep the HC offense off of the field, our defense will need to have another good week or growth/maturity for some of the younger guys. Don't overlook this team HC, let's get the victory and head into the off week on a good note. Go Pats!

Hello to thou ominiscent and narcissistic one!!!! You are the Yanker, but why dost thou hide under eve of darkeness in these great times of prosperity in Henryland??? You mock our hospitality yet enjoy the fruits of our victories? We in Henryland just wish to extend a brotherly arm and invite all friends and FOES(JCM alumni) to the great confines of Patriot stadium!! Now that I'm done with all the hogwash!! What did you really think of our team?? You gotta admit we look pretty good. I saw this team do something that even lastyears team could not and that is give Dickson a lead and then comeback to win. I'm not saying this years team is better, but they are not worse either.!! I think we are equally as good as last years team!! I know you root for JCM, but deep down in places you don't wanna talk about you fear Oct 5th when we invade THE ROCK and spank some JCM bootie!! I know this comment will send a bomb shell into the psyche we know as YANKERDOM , but the truth hurts sometime. Well I grow tired of all this typing. If you get tired of going to losing causes in Jackson you are always welcome in Henryland incognito or not!! A RED DAWN IS RISING in WEST TN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go BIG RED!!

Hello, my "crimsonly dawnery" friend!! The YANKER spoke of your team on the other thread...but I will give you my opinion, yet again. I thought the big tackle (#34) ran very hard. Your offensive line was OK. Your QB...the YANKER is sorry to say...reminds me of Borner, who played at JCM a few years ago. You have another runner who is pretty good. I cannot remember his number, but he did not carry often, but looked good to a scouting YANKER. I thought your receivers were average, at best. Your defense, while you allowed few points, seems to be an area of weakness. Your secondary, while untested by Liberty, is poor, at least in that game. Your defensive front is fair. Your secondary is equally poor against the run and pass. When we play you at the ROCK...it will be a scoring contest...we will likely not stop your running game very well...you will NEVER stop our passing game...and our running backs will not run wild, but we will get lots of yards on the ground. If the JCM defense does not improve, we will not make the playoffs...if the HC defense does not improve...HC will not win the region, and you will not go as deeply into the playoffs, as you did a year ago. That is what the YANKER thinks. I AM THE SERIOUSLY THINKING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!