Gallatin at Mt. juliet

Whocares08

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ wins by 10 at home....really a special team this year, although still a bit unsteady with Hill at QB. I believe Robert will grow into the role. Mt Juliet has the deepest backfield I have seen in a long time (give the ball to Tyler!) and a talented, opportunistic D.

We welcome the Wave to MJ (first time since 2000 according to our groovy friend)

Go Bears!

Based on the continued lack of speed on the Gallatin defense, I would say in an early prediction that MJ takes this one. I hope not. I will, however, say that if we can get in the backfield like we did in the second half against hillwood, we'll have a good chance of disrupting the timing of that wing-t offense. Plus, Lassiter usually does a pretty good job preparing for games against Roger Perry. Could go either way. I still don't really know what to think about the Green Wave this year. But I see alot of potential. I say MJ by 6.

Based on the continued lack of speed on the Gallatin defense, I would say in an early prediction that MJ takes this one. I hope not. I will, however, say that if we can get in the backfield like we did in the second half against hillwood, we'll have a good chance of disrupting the timing of that wing-t offense. Plus, Lassiter usually does a pretty good job preparing for games against Roger Perry. Could go either way. I still don't really know what to think about the Green Wave this year. But I see alot of potential. I say MJ by 6.

I agree with your "speed" or lack there of, comment; they look like they are playing at 3/4 speed. If the other 10 players would start playing at the speed Sweat did in the second half it would solve a lot of problems for the Wave defense... they are still have to think too much and seem afraid of making mistakes which keeps them form being aggresive! I'll say this, they never quit last night.. this team will improve form week to week and actually be pretty good when it counts I think..

I have to give MJ the edge in this one based on what I've seen so far... prove me wrong Green Wave!

I agree with your "speed" or lack there of, comment; they look like they are playing at 3/4 speed. If the other 10 players would start playing at the speed Sweat did in the second half it would solve a lot of problems for the Wave defense... they are still have to think too much and seem afraid of making mistakes which keeps them form being aggresive! I'll say this, they never quit last night.. this team will improve form week to week and actually be pretty good when it counts I think..

I have to give MJ the edge in this one based on what I've seen so far... prove me wrong Green Wave!

What kind of defensive scheme does Gallatin use?

Seriously the Bears can go inside/outside pretty effectively. Tyler Carr quick opener over LG, or Nowokji at RT behind Man Mountain Slade Adams...Majors is a pitch/reverse speedster.

What kind of defensive scheme does Gallatin use?

Seriously the Bears can go inside/outside pretty effectively. Tyler Carr quick opener over LG, or Nowokji at RT behind Man Mountain Slade Adams...Majors is a pitch/reverse speedster.

Gallatin runs a 4-3 which is tailored made to stop the wing-t. Now can they? Haha...that is the big question. I think that the coaches said this morning on the radio that they played 30 different players on defense last night. Lebanon and Hillwood got most of their yardage on cutbacks. Something that the coaching staff addressed as well. How good is your passing attack? From the paper it looks like ya'll don't throw very much.

Gallatin runs a 4-3 which is tailored made to stop the wing-t. Now can they? Haha...that is the big question. I think that the coaches said this morning on the radio that they played 30 different players on defense last night. Lebanon and Hillwood got most of their yardage on cutbacks. Something that the coaching staff addressed as well. How good is your passing attack? From the paper it looks like ya'll don't throw very much.

MJ wins

Well there is the thing for the Bears....the passing attack is a rather large unknown IMO. Robert Hill is a big, fast converted WR that I believe Coach Perry identified early for the wing-t. Robert was ineffective against WC (could have been 1st game jitters) but looked to be a little better against Springfield (3-3, 61 yards)

Look for the Bears to run it down folks throats most of the year, and for their D to provide TO's to shorten the field.

This may turn out to be a very interesting thread. Especially with all of the weird tie-ins to this game. Gallatin and Mt Juliet were fierce rivals during the 80's and 90's. Lots of strange games have been played between these two. Added the fact that Perry was the old coach at Portland and the close ties with our own staff. Coach Wilson from Gallatin and Coach Duncan from Mt Juliet live across the street from each other. Both have kids on the respected teams and go to church together. Mt Juliet will soon be 5-A and has 100 more kids currently than Gallatin. Also Gallatin is in a total rebuilding mode and has never lost to a smaller classified school. Mt Juliet returns almost everybody and is loaded. Lots of wierdness, lots of chatter, and I bet lots of fans at the game. Sounds like days of old. Gotta love it!!