Hillsboro at MBA

12NCS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA is having a great year thus far and they have a lot of size but i dont think they can match up with Hillsboro's speed. Seward, Jordan, Gordan and Demetrious Garret are too fast and i dont think MBA has a fast enough secondary to keep these explosive players contained.

Hillsboro- 28

MBA 17

hillsboro may be fast, but their lack of size is going to kill them. mba will be able to run all over them and milk the clock all game long. hillsboro will be one dimensional on offense because their line wont be able to hold off mba's line + alfonso knight and ben bartholomew. their passing will also be crippled because of the pressure mba will be able to put on hillsboro and with nathan wade and jas rader at saftey, speed wont be as big of an issue as both of those players have excellent speed.

im going to go out on a limb and say MBA will blow out hillsboro and shock all of mid tennessee who really hasnt been paying MBA the respect they deserve,

mba 38

hillsboro 7

hillsboro may be fast, but their lack of size is going to kill them. mba will be able to run all over them and milk the clock all game long. hillsboro will be one dimensional on offense because their line wont be able to hold off mba's line + alfonso knight and ben bartholomew. their passing will also be crippled because of the pressure mba will be able to put on hillsboro and with nathan wade and jas rader at saftey, speed wont be as big of an issue as both of those players have excellent speed.

im going to go out on a limb and say MBA will blow out hillsboro and shock all of mid tennessee who really hasnt been paying MBA the respect they deserve,

mba 38

hillsboro 7

typical first post. hey gentle, this is a football message board, with people that are generally knowledgeable of high school football. we are well aware of what is going on over at MBA. that is why they are currently picked to win on this site, with a slight margin of 50.3%. trust me, hillsboro is well aware of the threat MBA poses and will be prepared to take it on.

size isnt everything, they have the strength to make up for it. MBA will not see such a dynamic offensive attack like cthis all year (not even BA, as CJ is such a big part of their offense). MBA blitzes too much for their own good which is why you will see many quick passes to athletes superior to the MBA secondary (Gordon, Jordan, Garrett), not to mention the screens to Seward.

I believe MBA will find some success running it up the gut, but Hillsboro's speed on defense will not give up the big play. MBA must get off to a quick start, if they have to play catch-up, HHS's secondary will not allow any success in MBA's passing game with their athletes in the secondary.

cannot wait for this matchup...

typical first post. hey gentle, this is a football message board, with people that are generally knowledgeable of high school football. we are well aware of what is going on over at MBA. that is why they are currently picked to win on this site, with a slight margin of 50.3%. trust me, hillsboro is well aware of the threat MBA poses and will be prepared to take it on.

size isnt everything, they have the strength to make up for it. MBA will not see such a dynamic offensive attack like cthis all year (not even BA, as CJ is such a big part of their offense). MBA blitzes too much for their own good which is why you will see many quick passes to athletes superior to the MBA secondary (Gordon, Jordan, Garrett), not to mention the screens to Seward.

I believe MBA will find some success running it up the gut, but Hillsboro's speed on defense will not give up the big play. MBA must get off to a quick start, if they have to play catch-up, HHS's secondary will not allow any success in MBA's passing game with their athletes in the secondary.

cannot wait for this matchup...

first of all, that being my first post has nothing to do with what i said. secondly, if you believe hillsboro's strenghth is anywhere near the strength of MBA, you have another thing coming. finally, MBA blitzed like crazy against the last couple of teams they have played this year, why?, because they knew it would disrupt their offense and last time i checked, it worked. but what you're failing to realize is the fact that coaches change their gameplans and McGougin is a very intelligent coach and isnt dumb enough to blitz like they did against independence and baylor, two teams with very slow QBs, and leave people in one on one situations against quicker athletes than them... and honestly, MBA's running game will be strong as ever, their line will have no problem moving hillsboro's small line and with ben bartholomew leading through the hole, the holes will definetly be there for Vinsang and Waddey.

first of all, that being my first post has nothing to do with what i said. secondly, if you believe hillsboro's strenghth is anywhere near the strength of MBA, you have another thing coming. finally, MBA blitzed like crazy against the last couple of teams they have played this year, why?, because they knew it would disrupt their offense and last time i checked, it worked. but what you're failing to realize is the fact that coaches change their gameplans and McGougin is a very intelligent coach and isnt dumb enough to blitz like they did against independence and baylor, two teams with very slow QBs, and leave people in one on one situations against quicker athletes than them... and honestly, MBA's running game will be strong as ever, their line will have no problem moving hillsboro's small line and with ben bartholomew leading through the hole, the holes will definetly be there for Vinsang and Waddey.

Only time will tell. Ask BA if Hillsboro can match up, maybe you will rethink your statement.

I think its obvious that "gentle" is gung ho mba fan and while they are really good this year with a stronger line and one or two atheletes. But it is simple, hillsboro's atheletes are on a completely different level than MBA's. Jace and EJ are fast guys but if you put them against Jacque or gordan they wont lay a finger on them. I think mba's best chance is to go right for burro linebackers behind a wall of bailey and his line.

From Memphis looking in, this looks like a really good match-up. It's like Melrose against CBHS or MUS (4A vs D2-AAA).

Be careful Hillsboro fans, those "big and slow", yet well coached teams, have a way of neutralizing the advantage of the "athletic and speedy". Be careful MBA fans, those "smaller in size" yet, well coached teams, have a way of neutralizing the advantage of the "bigger and stronger". I think that MBA will be faster then some will think. I think Hillsboro will be stronger then some will think.

Can Hillsboro slow down the bigred machine? Can MBA contain the Hillsboro athleticism? We will se won't we? Both teams have pretty good defenses, so I'm not looking for any big scores. From what I am reading, Hillsboro will swarm, MBA will bulldoze. Whoever wins, will win a hard faught battle. Anybody looking for a blowout is mistaken.

From Memphis looking in, this looks like a really good match-up. It's like Melrose against CBHS or MUS (4A vs D2-AAA).

Be careful Hillsboro fans, those "big and slow", yet well coached teams, have a way of neutralizing the advantage of the "athletic and speedy". Be careful MBA fans, those "smaller in size" yet, well coached teams, have a way of neutralizing the advantage of the "bigger and stronger". I think that MBA will be faster then some will think. I think Hillsboro will be stronger then some will think.

Can Hillsboro slow down the bigred machine? Can MBA contain the Hillsboro athleticism? We will se won't we? Both teams have pretty good defenses, so I'm not looking for any big scores. From what I am reading, Hillsboro will swarm, MBA will bulldoze. Whoever wins, will win a hard faught battle. Anybody looking for a blowout is mistaken.

Makes a lot of sense to me. I believe Hillsboro's offense is a little more complex than Melrose. MBA has two Tennessee commitments which could be problems. We will see in two days. I also predict a close game.

hillsboro by 7. demetrios garret will be a star in this game

i would have to agree with you. i dont really kno much about MBA, but i do know about garret #12. lately i have compared him with Devin Hester of the chicago bears. garret has speed, is very explosive, and has a nose for the end zone when the ball is in his hands. so be aware of where he is because his big play can from offense or deffense.

hills borro by 14 in an explosive second half

I think its obvious that "gentle" is gung ho mba fan...

It is not uncommon for posters - particularly new posters - to come online and appear to be a fan of an opponent to incite his/her own team with "bulletin board material".

Anyone associated with MBA should know that this is a very tough matchup for MBA. Bold predictions of a 31-point margin of victory would not seem logical from a true MBA supporter.

Nevertheless, this game will be won and lost on the field. It's great to see these long-time rivals playing each other again.