Hillsboro at MBA

12NCS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a competition. No 4A team can compare against a Super 7 (ex) team, save alone a 5A team. And you're talking about MBA here, get your head in the game.

MBA by 3tds.

You are severely mistaken. Hillsboro would beat most 5A teams, in addition to DII teams. I hate to bring out the ol' scrimmage card, but it's the most recent basis to refer to as far as DII is concerned. The scrimmage against BA was very competitive to say the least, and yes- CJ was playing, Hillsboro matched up with them head for head, losing 3 to 4 before the game was called. Not to mention making Ensworth look like a girls squad (no disrespect) in that scrimmage. As far as 5A is concerned, look no further than the first game of the season against Franklin. Now that Franklin is 0-2, it doesn't seem quite as good that we tied them. Nonetheless, each team had all summer to prepare for each other and of course it was the first game so there were some kinks that had to be worked out.

This will be a very competitive game. And I agree with others-- relatively low-scoring.

i'm not an MBA fan at all, but i have seen both teams play this year. i'm going to try to avoid making any more extremely bold statements to avoid being critcized, but i will go ahead and say that i feel that hillsboro is most likely going to come into this game much like Antioch did against MBA. Athletic, quick and very cocky, and thats not a good way to enter a game up against a team as well coached as MBA.

I know i'm rubbing off as a big time MBA supporter, but thats only because they have struck me as one of the finest looking hs teams i have seen in a while.

Go ahead and say size doesnt matter if you have athleticism and speed, but when your QB (Arent) is one of the biggest players on your team, and youre going up against team with the size that MBA has this year, that is never a good combination.

Finally, everyone keeps discussing hillsboro's secondarys speed. This will play hardly any role in the game. MBA will pound the ball down the throat of hillsboro. Last i heard, hillsboro has a 5'7ish 150ish lbs linebacker, run run run is what MBA will do. When they need to resort to passing, wise has really developed and their wr run mainly possession like routes which will still be affective against hillsboro. hillsboro also has excellent wr speed, i'm sure MBA has been focusing on not giving up the big play all week long and will be sure to minimize their gains as best they can. i dont see the running game of hillsboro ever getting started as their line will have hardly any success against MBA's line and lb's.

Think what you wish, but MBA's too well coached and powerful to allow hillsboro's speed and athleticism to beat them.

i dont know how big hillsboro's front 7 are on defense, but i do know that ive seen a smaller defensive front pretty much stifle the MBA ground game when they played Christian Brothers last season. BUT that was a former Super 7 team and those league games, back in the day, were usually very competitive.

not having seen either team, and knowing absolutely nothing about hillsboro, besides they can compete in 7 vs. 7, im gonna have to go with MBA. having superior athletes can mean little to nothing when playing a team with comparable players that are very well coached, i.e.--Montgomery Bell Academy...just ask melrose from years past when they played CBHS and MUS.

prediction of score--> MBA will probably win if they dont give up too many big plays.

(this is all based on information coming from posts on both teams on CoachT.)

i would have to agree with you. i dont really kno much about MBA, but i do know about garret #12. lately i have compared him with Devin Hester of the chicago bears. garret has speed, is very explosive, and has a nose for the end zone when the ball is in his hands. so be aware of where he is because his big play can from offense or deffense.

hills borro by 14 in an explosive second half

devin hester?? are you sure that you want to compare a high school athlete to the best kick returner in the nfl right now...okay, ill take your word for it and see how this garret compares to him. this should be interesting

i dont know how big hillsboro's front 7 are on defense, but i do know that ive seen a smaller defensive front pretty much stifle the MBA ground game when they played Christian Brothers last season.

yeah that was really difficult stopping waddey and vinsang when they would line up at qb and just run left right or up the middle. not to mention mba's line this year is far superior to last seasons. wesley johnson, 6'5 235ish, is already a d1 prospect and his offers will only increase. he had 15-20 pancakes against McAdoo who was supposed to be a standout. this year, although most wont admit it, mba is MUCH more balanced. wise passed for 160 yards last game which is enough to not completely just focus on the run game and bring up your safteys as extra lbs like everyone did last year against mba.

Not to mention making Ensworth look like a girls squad (no disrespect) in that scrimmage.

Well ensworth didnt play all of their players and ran a total of 11 different plays but enough of that.

Hillsboro is just one of those teams that is so hard to stop. You cant stop them when they have the ball. Because if you commit to the run to much to stop Jaq, then you will get crushed by Eric Gordan or Demitris (sp)....if they go to stop the pass, they will CRUSH you with Jaq. Dont get me wrong, im not saying MBA's D is bad, im saying they dont have any player on their team that even matches up to Jaq or Eric or Demitris (sp)...When MBA has the ball, i sure dont expect them to break any big plays. And Hillsboro wont even have to worry about the pass because there corners have the speed to make up for it. So Hillsboro will be able to put 1 or 2 more people in the box...

i say hilsboro by 3 td's

i'm not an MBA fan at all, but i have seen both teams play this year. i'm going to try to avoid making any more extremely bold statements to avoid being critcized, but i will go ahead and say that i feel that hillsboro is most likely going to come into this game much like Antioch did against MBA. Athletic, quick and very cocky, and thats not a good way to enter a game up against a team as well coached as MBA.

I know i'm rubbing off as a big time MBA supporter, but thats only because they have struck me as one of the finest looking hs teams i have seen in a while.

Go ahead and say size doesnt matter if you have athleticism and speed, but when your QB (Arent) is one of the biggest players on your team, and youre going up against team with the size that MBA has this year, that is never a good combination.

Finally, everyone keeps discussing hillsboro's secondarys speed. This will play hardly any role in the game. MBA will pound the ball down the throat of hillsboro. Last i heard, hillsboro has a 5'7ish 150ish lbs linebacker, run run run is what MBA will do. When they need to resort to passing, wise has really developed and their wr run mainly possession like routes which will still be affective against hillsboro. hillsboro also has excellent wr speed, i'm sure MBA has been focusing on not giving up the big play all week long and will be sure to minimize their gains as best they can. i dont see the running game of hillsboro ever getting started as their line will have hardly any success against MBA's line and lb's.

Think what you wish, but MBA's too well coached and powerful to allow hillsboro's speed and athleticism to beat them.

Don't kid yourself, Hillsboro is not some poorly coached team loaded with talent. Blade is one of the best in the business. But my opinion is that his full staff is not at the same level as MBA's staff. Nonetheless, Hillsboro will be well coached and ready for MBA. I am leaning toward MBA by a touchdown, but still cloudy on this one...

well, i was hoping i didnt have to quote the whole thing, but whatever. in response to the small linebackers: i cant keep up with who all is starting at LB now, but there are a few rather short players that will see time at the position. all of which are very strong to make up for size. i believe the one you are referring to is Tracey Parker (as he has started the past 2 years). Parker is about 5'7 170ish. while short, he is a ROCK. he comes at you like a bowling ball, probably the hardest hitter on defense, i know hes the last guy i would want to tackle me.. he flies to the ball and has great lateral movement. despite his height, he will have no trouble plugging up the middle with his build.

i do think MBA will see some success running up the gut, but i also believe you all are underestimating the toughness of this defense.

well, i was hoping i didnt have to quote the whole thing, but whatever. in response to the small linebackers: i cant keep up with who all is starting at LB now, but there are a few rather short players that will see time at the position. all of which are very strong to make up for size. i believe the one you are referring to is Tracey Parker (as he has started the past 2 years). Parker is about 5'7 170ish. while short, he is a ROCK. he comes at you like a bowling ball, probably the hardest hitter on defense, i know hes the last guy i would want to tackle me.. he flies to the ball and has great lateral movement. despite his height, he will have no trouble plugging up the middle with his build.

i do think MBA will see some success running up the gut, but i also believe you all are underestimating the toughness of this defense.

im talking about Cody, i dont remember his last name. hes actually 5'6 147lbs. i've heard from multiple ppl on hillsboro that he starts. i would love to see him shed a block from ben bartholomew