Hillsboro at MBA

12NCS

You are severely mistaken. Hillsboro would beat most 5A teams, in addition to DII teams. I hate to bring out the ol' scrimmage card, but it's the most recent basis to refer to as far as DII is concerned. The scrimmage against BA was very competitive to say the least, and yes- CJ was playing, Hillsboro matched up with them head for head, losing 3 to 4 before the game was called. Not to mention making Ensworth look like a girls squad (no disrespect) in that scrimmage. As far as 5A is concerned, look no further than the first game of the season against Franklin. Now that Franklin is 0-2, it doesn't seem quite as good that we tied them. Nonetheless, each team had all summer to prepare for each other and of course it was the first game so there were some kinks that had to be worked out.

This will be a very competitive game. And I agree with others-- relatively low-scoring.

I guess we will see on Friday how Hillsboro stacks up against DII. I am glad the BA scrimmage gives you comfort. I think it should discourage you. BA drove the ball down your throat on a consistent basis. Their second string drove the ball inside your five, against your starters, during their last drive before fumbling. Hillsboro scored on two long plays and against the BA subs at the end of the game (final score 28-19). I think MBA is very similar to BA on the defensive side of the ball and this is bad news for Hillsboro based on what I saw. Hillsboro never drove the ball even once against the BA starters. I don't think they ever achieved two first downs on any single possession. Long runs are nice and Hillsboro is more than capable of executing one at any moment. However, they will need to drive the ball to beat MBA in my opinion.

Also, this is as big of a stretch as making calls based on scrimmages, but Hillsboro ties Franklin. Franklin gets pounded by McCallie and BA pounds McCallie. I think this MBA game will tell us how Hillsboro stacks up against DII. I will take MBA by a touchdown.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even a competition. No 4A team can compare against a Super 7 (ex) team, save alone a 5A team. And you're talking about MBA here, get your head in the game.

MBA by 3tds.

Wowcraft:

I disagree totally. There are some top notch 3A teams that can compete with D2 (Super 7), 5A, and 4A teams. Just take the AP Polls top 10 in D2, 5A, and 4A and toss them all in a pot and let them play their way out and nobody come out unscathed. Maryville, Maplewood, Hillsboro, Henry County, and Melrose to name a few off of the top of my head will compete with every team in the super 7 and win their fair share. Heck you talk like a D2 team would smack Maryville around or something. Any D2 team would darn sure have their hands full with the rest of the ones I mentioned as well. Yeah ... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! LOLOLOLOL!

You have your opinion. I have mine. I hope the MBA team isn't listening to those adults around them who think like you because they will be in store for a rude awakening. Yep ... just keeeeeeeeeep doubting the ability of what a 4A team can do ... just keep telling yourself how superior the Super 7's are. The great and Mighty MBA is going to kill Hillsboro. Yep, just keep believing that. I sure hope that mindset isn't permeating to the MBA players ... it doesn't take the whole team to think that way ... just a few will do ... yep ... keep thinking like that.

Wowcraft:

I disagree totally. There are some top notch 3A teams that can compete with D2 (Super 7), 5A, and 4A teams. Just take the AP Polls top 10 in D2, 5A, and 4A and toss them all in a pot and let them play their way out and nobody come out unscathed. Maryville, Maplewood, Hillsboro, Henry County, and Melrose to name a few off of the top of my head will compete with every team in the super 7 and win their fair share. Heck you talk like a D2 team would smack Maryville around or something. Any D2 team would darn sure have their hands full with the rest of the ones I mentioned as well. Yeah ... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! LOLOLOLOL!

You have your opinion. I have mine. I hope the MBA team isn't listening to those adults around them who think like you because they will be in store for a rude awakening. Yep ... just keeeeeeeeeep doubting the ability of what a 4A team can do ... just keep telling yourself how superior the Super 7's are. The great and Mighty MBA is going to kill Hillsboro. Yep, just keep believing that. I sure hope that mindset isn't permeating to the MBA players ... it doesn't take the whole team to think that way ... just a few will do ... yep ... keep thinking like that.

Maryville and other D1 schools are able to compete with any D2 schools but they would not go undefeated if they played in D2. With so many good programs in D2 depth and injuries start to take over as teams get deeper into their season. D2 is much like the Greater Cincinnati Catholic League in that some teams are better than others but most of the teams are competitive and can win on a given night.

Maryville and other D1 schools are able to compete with any D2 schools but they would not go undefeated if they played in D2. With so many good programs in D2 depth and injuries start to take over as teams get deeper into their season. D2 is much like the Greater Cincinnati Catholic League in that some teams are better than others but most of the teams are competitive and can win on a given night.

Of course, the D2 league is no pic-nic. It's very tough. But then again, so are quite a few D1 regions. That saying can go vice versa. You take a D2 school and drop it in any one of the more competative D1 regions, whether it is a 5A region or 4A region, and they don't go undefeated either. That's all I'm saying.

You could take any number of top notch D1 teams and drop them in the D2 league and they would be in the playoffs at the end of the season competing for a championship like the rest of the top D2 teams. That's 5A and 4A D1 teams.

That's my opinion.

There is high quality football played in either division...both sides have great teams. My guess is that if the top teams in D2 played the top teams in D1 every year, the results would be pretty even...that's why it's silly, imo, that it (until recently) has been so hard to convince top D1 teams to play the D2 teams.

Thankfully, the folks at Hillsboro and Ravenwood, just to name 2, are putting themselves out there and playing these games...it is certainly in the best interests of both sides, both in terms of the gate generated and preparation for the post-season.

There is high quality football played in either division...both sides have great teams. My guess is that if the top teams in D2 played the top teams in D1 every year, the results would be pretty even...that's why it's silly, imo, that it (until recently) has been so hard to convince top D1 teams to play the D2 teams.

Thankfully, the folks at Hillsboro and Ravenwood, just to name 2, are putting themselves out there and playing these games...it is certainly in the best interests of both sides, both in terms of the gate generated and preparation for the post-season.

Good post.

I agree wholehertedly big red big blue. I would like to see Whitehaven play either MUS, CBHS, or ECS once a year. They could even rotate and play one each year. Whitehaven has 3 non-region games on it's schedule. Melrose, Fairley, and Mitchell. Fairley is a neighborhood rivarly game, so it will remain. Melrose and Whitehaven is an excellent game that both schools benefit from so I don't see it comming off of the schedule. Mitchell is the only game I see that could be dropped. I know that Whitehaven and Mitchell both like this game however and it will probably remain. So, I don't see Whitehaven playing any of those schools in a while.

I would hardly call you underdogs! Across the state it seems you are pretty equivalent. Be careful, cockiness bites back hard...

Don't mistake cockyness for confidence and preparation. I know MBA is a good football team and that this game will be a superb test but I think the Burro's are better and more motivated at this point.

Right on the money BRBB.

Indy, Antioch and Smyrna to name three more

I'm thrilled that the Public/Private schools are once again starting to play each other. There was a lot of resentment and mistrust for a number of years between these schools. Privates would drive 150-200 miles for a game where basically the football players families would show up when there were old public school rivals 2 or 3 miles down the street that would draw a tremendous gate. The old coaches I grew up with didn't give a hoot about the opponent public or private...the harder the opponent the better the opportunity! Folks, let's just tee it up and play football! Play hard, do you best as a player, coach, parent or fan. When the game's over shake hands & move forward.

I'm tickled to see these games..MBA-Hillsboro, BA-Smyrna, Father Ryan-Overton...great for HS football in Tennessee!!

I'm thrilled that the Public/Private schools are once again starting to play each other. There was a lot of resentment and mistrust for a number of years between these schools. Privates would drive 150-200 miles for a game where basically the football players families would show up when there were old public school rivals 2 or 3 miles down the street that would draw a tremendous gate. The old coaches I grew up with didn't give a hoot about the opponent public or private...the harder the opponent the better the opportunity! Folks, let's just tee it up and play football! Play hard, do you best as a player, coach, parent or fan. When the game's over shake hands & move forward.

I'm tickled to see these games..MBA-Hillsboro, BA-Smyrna, Father Ryan-Overton...great for HS football in Tennessee!!

Good post!!!!!!!!!