ATTENTION:SCOTT VS. TAFT YOUTH CENTER

swest23

Everyone who do you think will win this game between the Scott High team and Taft Youth Center.........I am not saying Scott is not a bad team but i see them going 4-0 winning this one by a mere 11 points......SCOTT 27...TYC..16

Also i believe Scott will finish the season with 6 straight losses or maybe one win.......sry to disappoint but prove me wrong.......Good luckScott

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been asking this question for years, but have never got an answer. "Why does Scott Co. play Taft Youth"?. If you want to be recognized as a legitimate team then you are gonna have to play legitimate teams. Your schedule reflects what and how you are recognized by others. If you keep schuduling the lower level of football, then you will keep being considered the lower level of football, as well as not get any better.

I've been asking this question for years, but have never got an answer. "Why does Scott Co. play Taft Youth"?. If you want to be recognized as a legitimate team then you are gonna have to play legitimate teams. Your schedule reflects what and how you are recognized by others. If you keep schuduling the lower level of football, then you will keep being considered the lower level of football, as well as not get any better.

Well, let's see. When the region gets in full swing, they'll play Catholic, Fulton, Austin-East, Kingston and Anderson County. Those aren't legitimate teams? If they beat one or more of those teams, they're recognized as a playoff contender in Region 2-3A. If they don't, they aren't. It's as simple as that. Who you have on your non-region schedule determines little about what kind of football team you are.

Well, let's see. When the region gets in full swing, they'll play Catholic, Fulton, Austin-East, Kingston and Anderson County. Those aren't legitimate teams? If they beat one or more of those teams, they're recognized as a playoff contender in Region 2-3A. If they don't, they aren't. It's as simple as that. Who you have on your non-region schedule determines little about what kind of football team you are.

So are you saying that because they are in a tough region they should play and schedule cake walk teams for non-region games?

Many teams dropped various teams to up grade or down grade there schedule. Are the Highlanders content on playing below average teams? That might be a reason they can't get past the 4th and 5th spots in the region. Just because you play in a tough region is not a reason to Play Taft, Gibbs, and Onieda. They could very easily play a more competitive team, and I'm sure many teams would like to play against the normally strong running game of Scott Co.

In that Case do you consider Scott Co. a team that would fit in the upper half or lower half of 3A football. With their past records and their past and present schedule I would have to have them in the lower half. Many folks just can't see them as even an average team. Scott Co. is a much better football team this year than in the past, but it is hard to legititmize that with the schedule they are playing.

I know many folks don't want to make the trip to Scott. Co, although it is a nice drive, but plenty of teams would be willing to play them if the Scott Co. would.