McKenzie vs Union City

VOLnWTN

Now Duck I guess I've been picking and prodding you since the season started, and it's about time I told you that it aint gonna stop anytime soon. I would have loved to play, but things just didn't work out. And I'll agree to the waste of largeness. My wife says that to me too.

I wasn't figuring you'd stop so just lettin' you know that I can hang somehow!!!!!

The first time I saw the Rebels play they were playing on old Robbins Field (across the street from the old PJ factory building and now Vyn-All!!------over by Mulberry Park where the saddle club riding arena used to be!!!) I was just a pup then but, the die was cast!!!! Another Rebel was born right then!!! Anyway, this ain't my first rodeo!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I did my time on the current Rebel Field shortly after it was moved over there in the early to mid 60's. We had at least one pretty decent team while I played and we were the first McKenzie team to ever go to a bowl game!!!!! Matter of fact, we even beat Huntingdon that season 19-13 on a late bomb with under a minute to go on their homecoming!!!!!

My girlfried was first maid in the Huntingdon royalty and she wouldn't speak to me for two weeks. That was bad enough but, when she did speak to me she broke up with me. She was/is one sweet girl but, it was all worth it!!!!!!

And you thought YOU weren't right!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are very proud of you old farts for setting the tradition of good ole Mckenzie Rebel football. It will be awesome seeing former players who gave it their all and then the current players follow giving it their all. Thanks for the memories. Can't wait for Fri. night.

Go Rebels!!!

Thank you there darlin',

We did it then 'cause we loved it and we still do it now for the same reason. Sometimes I wonder why 'cause that mess hurts and it will still be hanging around years later but, I wouldn't change it for the world.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well of course for me, I was not born a McKenzie Rebel. I am actually a White House Blue Devil. However, with that being said, having moved here to attend Bethel, coaching at McKenzie and now my kids are Rebels, I to feel the same pride that all of you do. You know I always tell my wife that I want to load Mitch up on a Friday afternoon to take him back to White House for a Friday night under the lights and let him experience BDP (Blue Devil Pride). But for some reason, the car always winds up wherever the Rebels are playing.

And Duck, I have some walkers down at the store if you need one for Friday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

and to you butchie, thank goodness for Bugs! Hopefully he will be there deserving of the ovation. Shame on you butchie, not playing with that size. Oh well, at least you are a true fan.

Go Rebels!

Bug has been a true blessing to me. And I don't deserve him. He shoulda been born to some other white trash. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But as for me not playing I sure wish things woulda been different. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And as far as him being there, He said he's coming to the game but may not participate. And don't ask me ask him. It has nothing to do with bitterness. he just said he just wanted to abstain. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Butchie or duckman when are you going to fly me out to west TN to see one of those McKenzie Rebel football games? Will I get in the VIP section also?

Go Rebs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Anytime Bro, Next week we got a humdinger coming. It's 2A Huntingdon and 1A Mckenzie in the Cross County Rumble. Send me a PM and I'll work it out for ya. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It will be a game to see.

Butchie or duckman when are you going to fly me out to west TN to see one of those McKenzie Rebel football games? Will I get in the VIP section also?

Go Rebs! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We do have a small airport that can handle smallish Lears but, I'm thinkin' that butchie doesn't have one and I KNOW I don't have one. Now if you can get yourself to the airport, I'll gladly come pick you up and take you to the game. Since ALL Rebel fans are VIP's, the VIP seating will be a piece of cake. Now ol' butchie on the other hand is one of those fence hugging buzzards!!!! I don't know if he didn't qualify for VIP status or his legs just don't bend???? Maybe he's scared of heights or to lazy to climb the steps?????? I guess he's about 8 ft. tall so he can prolly see pretty good standing by the fence anyway!!!!

Anytime Bro, Next week we got a humdinger coming. It's 2A Huntingdon and 1A Mckenzie in the Cross County Rumble. Send me a PM and I'll work it out for ya. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It will be a game to see.

Well reaction, maybe he does have one????? For sure, when the Rebels and the Mustangs throw down in 8 days it will be an adventure. With these two teams you never know what to expect. Our games with Lake Co. usually turn into a total gunfight too for some reason???!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well of course for me, I was not born a McKenzie Rebel. I am actually a White House Blue Devil. However, with that being said, having moved here to attend Bethel, coaching at McKenzie and now my kids are Rebels, I to feel the same pride that all of you do. You know I always tell my wife that I want to load Mitch up on a Friday afternoon to take him back to White House for a Friday night under the lights and let him experience BDP (Blue Devil Pride). But for some reason, the car always winds up wherever the Rebels are playing.

And Duck, I have some walkers down at the store if you need one for Friday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can you fix me one up with red and grey coloring and some nice Rebel decals???? I'll try not to lose it in the excitement!!!! Of course then you'd have to sell it as a demonstrator model to a McKenzie or Ole Miss fan one!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Bug has been a true blessing to me. And I don't deserve him. He shoulda been born to some other white trash. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But as for me not playing I sure wish things woulda been different. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And as far as him being there, He said he's coming to the game but may not participate. And don't ask me ask him. It has nothing to do with bitterness. he just said he just wanted to abstain. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

butchie, don't be so hard on yourself there. Bug is a fine athlete and we're all proud of his accomplishment for the Rebels. A lot of the kids have a bit of trouble adjusting from player to fan for a while and let things settle down for them. Someday all former Rebels will come to realize that they played a part in the Rebels being who they are today and take pride in their part in it all.

He's trying real hard to figure out just where he belongs in life I guess. I'm sure come tomorrow night when he has a chance for applause and hand shaking he'll belly up to the bar so's to speak. God knows I would unless I just stunk. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />