MARYVILLE VS POWELL

cobrajet

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even with maryville turning the ball over, powell didnt look like they have in the past couple of games. they didnt hit the big plays, they couldnt get their passing game going even though there were open wrs, and without the passing game, the running game didnt have a big effect. hopefully powell can face maryville again in the play-off and hopefully powell can play a better game bc tonight didnt look like what powell can do. good win by maryville and good luck.

Talk about a glass house ..... anyone from Powell commenting on incidents at another school !! lol

Harvey Halcott....Kimberly Kallenberg.... Lee Smith .... but of course it's all fun and games unless it's directed towards Powell ... aint it HTV

Thanks to Powell High for allowing well known attorney , Gregory P. Isaacs , to finally be able to afford a pair of socks . /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm not following you - I wasn't making fun of anybody and I have talked at length about how disgusted those of us who live in Powell are with those situations. We want them dealt with, and dealt with quickly. I haven't once denied that there are problems there.

My point was that the guy from WB was commenting on something that had no basis in fact. I simply pointed out that they have their own problems, too.

It was a good game up until a minute left in the first half, then maryville got some good plays.

Maryville had a lot of balls bounce there way as did Powell

One thing I noticed about maryville last night, it looks like they forgot to hold onto the ball, i havent seen a Maryville team fumble like that in a long time, hopefully GQ gets on the boys about that, cause with powells size they shouldnt be hitting them loose

I'm not following you - I wasn't making fun of anybody and I have talked at length about how disgusted those of us who live in Powell are with those situations. We want them dealt with, and dealt with quickly. I haven't once denied that there are problems there.

My point was that the guy from WB was commenting on something that had no basis in fact. I simply pointed out that they have their own problems, too.

My point was very clear , if you don't want something negative thrown your way , maybe you shouldn't be trying so hard to point out the negatives elsewhere .

No where in this thread did the WB fan take any low blows against Powell , all of his comments were based upon his opinion of Powell's talent and playing ability . You were the one who decided to bring up an embarrassing moment in WB 's history because you weren't happy with his opinion . I only brought up some of Powell's dirty laundry to let you know how some of your own medicine tasted .

You know I just have to say this. It is really funny to hear Powell people talk about how their team did not play up to capabilities and how Maryville needs to work on this or that. Translation? "Boy you are lucky we didn't play well and if you keep turning the ball over you will get beat and boy I hope you do". Think maybe just maybe, Maryville is better than Karns, Campbell County and Lenoir City and maybe that had just a tad to do with why Powell did not play like they did against those teams? Maryville did turn the ball over some but so far that has not been a pattern just arose last night. Either last year or year before Maryville was very turnover proned and it was a concern all season. So far this season had not seen that until last night. And one poster said he hoped to see them again in the playoffs like Maryville was lucky to get away with a win last night? Either that game was over at halftime last night or I was not at the game I thought I was. I usually ignore such comments but had to respond to those particular spins on the game.

mhs, I think you're reading a bit too deeply. I believe what Drega was saying is that he hoped Powell got the opportunity to play Maryville again in the playoffs because everyone knows that in 4A, to get where you want to go, you have to beat Maryville. There was no disrespect meant towards the Rebels. Even if this was the case from 1 or 2 fans, every team has "those guys." The Powell coaches, players, and the vast majority of their fans are disappointed with the outcome, thought that Powell could have executed better, but know that Maryville certainly earned the victory.

mhs, I think you're reading a bit too deeply. I believe what Drega was saying is that he hoped Powell got the opportunity to play Maryville again in the playoffs because everyone knows that in 4A, to get where you want to go, you have to beat Maryville. There was no disrespect meant towards the Rebels. Even if this was the case from 1 or 2 fans, every team has "those guys." The Powell coaches, players, and the vast majority of their fans are disappointed with the outcome, thought that Powell could have executed better, but know that Maryville certainly earned the victory.

even with maryville turning the ball over, powell didnt look like they have in the past couple of games. they didnt hit the big plays, they couldnt get their passing game going even though there were open wrs, and without the passing game, the running game didnt have a big effect. hopefully powell can face maryville again in the play-off and hopefully powell can play a better game bc tonight didnt look like what powell can do. good win by maryville

No biggie. I read it again, (above in bold). Thats an interesting read you had on it but i'll take your word for it. Like I said no big deal.

even with maryville turning the ball over, powell didnt look like they have in the past couple of games. they didnt hit the big plays, they couldnt get their passing game going even though there were open wrs, and without the passing game, the running game didnt have a big effect. hopefully powell can face maryville again in the play-off and hopefully powell can play a better game bc tonight didnt look like what powell can do. good win by maryville

No biggie. I read it again, (above in bold). Thats an interesting read you had on it but i'll take your word for it. Like I said no big deal.

I was saying that bc in previous games Powell was passing pretty well on their opponents and the QB was making accurate throws. In this game he seemed out of sync. He had time to throw it and had some WRs open at times, but either couldnt make the throw accurately or the WRs missed the catch. Also the run game wasnt as successful, but that was bc Maryville has a very good D and everyone knew that they wouldnt have as much success running the ball. Powell's D looked pretty good though. They forced 4 turnovers, but the score made them look bad, but the offense wasnt helping them out. Powell should get these problems fixed in practice and I see them bouncing back @ anderson co. Thats not saying Im guaranteeing win, but theyll surely look better than they did last friday and hopefully pull out a win going into region play.

You know I just have to say this. It is really funny to hear Powell people talk about how their team did not play up to capabilities and how Maryville needs to work on this or that. Translation? "Boy you are lucky we didn't play well and if you keep turning the ball over you will get beat and boy I hope you do". Think maybe just maybe, Maryville is better than Karns, Campbell County and Lenoir City and maybe that had just a tad to do with why Powell did not play like they did against those teams? Maryville did turn the ball over some but so far that has not been a pattern just arose last night. Either last year or year before Maryville was very turnover proned and it was a concern all season. So far this season had not seen that until last night. And one poster said he hoped to see them again in the playoffs like Maryville was lucky to get away with a win last night? Either that game was over at halftime last night or I was not at the game I thought I was. I usually ignore such comments but had to respond to those particular spins on the game.

I see what you are trying to point out, but we all know that if you don't play a near flawless game against Maryville, you have no chance to win, especially for a team like Powell this year. Drega was simply pointing out those mistakes. I think any time a team loses, it is common for fans to look back and say "well if this had gone this way, and this had gone that way, things might have been different." It may not be the best way to make the point, but it's common for fans to break a loss down that way. That's what Maryville does to teams. Powell wasn't going to just walk into that stadium and play exactly the way they did in weeks 1 through 3. Maryville is much too good for that to happen. I'm a big Panther supporter, but I said it all week, Powell had played a weak schedule up to that point, and most Powell fans were happy to see them 3-0 going into that game. Looking past Maryville, this region is still wide open, especially after seeing what happened between Clinton-SD and Halls-West. Powell is still better than I thought they'd be this year, but Maryville proved why they are still #1 in the state and "nationally ranked." This week's game against Anderson County is a huge measuring stick for Powell. Even though it is a non-region game, a win here will really set the tone down the stretch.

My point was very clear , if you don't want something negative thrown your way , maybe you shouldn't be trying so hard to point out the negatives elsewhere .

No where in this thread did the WB fan take any low blows against Powell , all of his comments were based upon his opinion of Powell's talent and playing ability . You were the one who decided to bring up an embarrassing moment in WB 's history because you weren't happy with his opinion . I only brought up some of Powell's dirty laundry to let you know how some of your own medicine tasted .

One other note, I'm not at all surprised that you, pepvol, decided to show up on page 11 of this thread and make a comment like that. You should take 10 minutes out of your "busy" day and read the entire thread, particularly the comments between HTV and williebgovs/govman. I'm pretty sure that the comments that these guys made towards one another were pretty much resolved. There was absolutely no reason to pullout the supposed "high and mighty" card. But then again, I guess it's true what they say - ignorance is bliss.