Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

Let's harken back to the days of Jeff Jennings, Scooter Houston, Brent Mears, Thomas Anderson, and the many countless other standouts for these two programs who have participated in this Big East rivalry over the years. In recent years this game has lacked the luster it once held, but with this season becoming one of the strangest of recent memory anything could happen. Dobyns Bennett (1-3) is coming off another bitter loss, losing to #2 5A Oak Ridge 14-7 at home. Jefferson County (2-2) rebounded from last weeks debocale at Campbell County, defeating #9 4A Morristown East 14-2 at home.

It seems apparent that in Dobyns Bennett's previous four games this season the Indians defense plays tough, always keeping them in the game from kickoff to final whistle. A little offense is all the Tribe needs to right the ship as they move into conference play. Jefferson County, on the other hand, is somewhat of a mystery. With losses against 4A Greeneville and Campbell County one could jump to conclusions, however with a victory over perennial 4A powerhouse Morristown West and a talented 4A Morristown East squad, it is tough to pass judgement on this Jefferson County team.

Let the information and predictions flow people.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends which JC team shows up. If the Mo West victory team comes to play, look out. Our D knows how to take a stand inside the red zone. O is coming around. Kicking game is solid with Gibson back there. I think (hope) this will be the year to get back on top. Lets see how this weeks practice goes. Win or lose this game will be closer than in the past.

It seems everybody is talking about about who the QB should be but clark.They have the athleletes on the team but just not getting the ball in their hands.Clark is bound and determined to play Seniors.Now that an easier schedule begins maybe we can win one for the gifford.All the games lost so far could have(should have been won.)

Offense will need to be running on all cylinders, DB will be the best defense we`ll see all year IMO. We`ll need the same type mindset we had against Mo West but the execution will have to better. DB just thrives on mistakes, if you give them anything things just start to snowball. The playbook needs to be wide open for this game, scoring by any means possible should be the goal for this week. As we`ve seen year after year you can look great on offense for a half, but if you aren`t showing a lot DB will always adjust to what you are doing. We flat out dominated the 1st half in 04, but we weren`t balanced and in the 2nd half DB just flooded the box and we were sunk before the 2nd half started. The 04 game tape should be running on a loop this week.

Last night everything stunk...Our student section stunk! Our Offense stunk! Our defense was the ONLY good part of the Indians. Come Monday I will be walking the halls with a We Want Jamie t-shirt on. I don't give a crap about our dresscode!

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" , Sigh.

Let me put it in perspective for you DBstudent. The Dobyns Bennett student section has never been the crazy spirited fan inspiring group that we former and current students think that it is. Ask anybody who knows anything about a football atmosphere and they will agree. Yes, the offense sputtered again, however...sustaining a multiple play and first down drive for a touchdown as they did in the first quarter is more than they have done much of this year. Again, you take away one mistake at the end of the game, i.e. Hogg's fumble, and they would have gone into overtime for a sudden death attempt like last week. Yes, our defense has generally been the only commendable part of the team over the past few weeks. Coach Watson is a defensive genius, he is doing a heck of a job, nobody can deny that.

On the topic of the quarterback situation, to you and to all that read this thread, Bart Ring and Jamie Crawford are generally the same player at the quarterback position...in my opinion. Bart seems to be a better passer than Jamie, and both rush the same out of the option. At this point, it might be detrimental to the betterment of the offense to have a quarterback controversy...if you want to call it that. I was pleased with the decision to move the quarterback under center. There were signs of improvement in route running, although getting the ball to the open receiver is still an issue. If you think Jamie can get the ball to the open receivers your entitled to that, however I have to go with Coach Clark in thinking Bart is still the better quarterback. Jamie is a better asset at the skill positions at this point.

That said, look for the offense to gain some ground in the remainder of the season. Conference play is generally better to the Indians compared to the tough schedule we have played thus far. Oh, ye of little faith. It's always easier to support your team when their winning. True fans stand by their team when the going gets tough.

Might I remind you as well that in the last five years, in 2003, an 8-2 Dobyns Bennett team was a botched punt away from defeating #1 5A ranked Riverdale in Murfreesboro for the right to compete for a state championship. We should be the first to know (from recent experience) that 10-0 doesn't always mean playoff success.

Let me put it in perspective for you DBstudent. The Dobyns Bennett student section has never been the crazy spirited fan inspiring group that we former and current students think that it is. Ask anybody who knows anything about a football atmosphere and they will agree. Yes, the offense sputtered again, however...sustaining a multiple play and first down drive for a touchdown as they did in the first quarter is more than they have done much of this year. Again, you take away one mistake at the end of the game, i.e. Hogg's fumble, and they would have gone into overtime for a sudden death attempt like last week. Yes, our defense has generally been the only commendable part of the team over the past few weeks. Coach Watson is a defensive genius, he is doing a heck of a job, nobody can deny that.

On the topic of the quarterback situation, to you and to all that read this thread, Bart Ring and Jamie Crawford are generally the same player at the quarterback position...in my opinion. Bart seems to be a better passer than Jamie, and both rush the same out of the option. At this point, it might be detrimental to the betterment of the offense to have a quarterback controversy...if you want to call it that. I was pleased with the decision to move the quarterback under center. There were signs of improvement in route running, although getting the ball to the open receiver is still an issue. If you think Jamie can get the ball to the open receivers your entitled to that, however I have to go with Coach Clark in thinking Bart is still the better quarterback. Jamie is a better asset at the skill positions at this point.

That said, look for the offense to gain some ground in the remainder of the season. Conference play is generally better to the Indians compared to the tough schedule we have played thus far. Oh, ye of little faith. It's always easier to support your team when their winning. True fans stand by their team when the going gets tough.

Might I remind you as well that in the last five years, in 2003, an 8-2 Dobyns Bennett team was a botched punt away from defeating #1 5A ranked Riverdale in Murfreesboro for the right to compete for a state championship. We should be the first to know (from recent experience) that 10-0 doesn't always mean playoff success.

Bubba I think everybody has his own opinion but Jamie and Bart are not the same QB.When Crawford is in it seems the offense is running at a faster tempo.Bart has not passed with any authority.There are receivers open all the time ,he does'nt see them.The passes he threw last night were not even close.The receiver became the defender.Not trying to down anybody but the offense is not clicking as one machine.Too much wasted effort going on.Coach Clark as you say has the say.But you are kidding yourself if you think we will get any better on offense untill some major changes occur.I thought Mr.Crazy was (crazy) but he is rite on with some of his statements.You seem to be shooting the gun to beat everybody to start the threads maybe you ought to give it a break.After all you have long been gone from DB and didn't play football.I know you are a DB fan and so am I.It hurts when you know that we are better than that.Truth is we should have won all the games so far.Deep down you know that too!

I meant as a comparison of the Bearden game. The student section was WEAK!

Last night everything stunk last night...Our student section stunk! Our Offense stunk our defense was the ONLY good part of the Indians. Come Monday I will be walking the walls with a We want Jamie T-Shirt on. I don't give a crap about our dresscode!

Jeff County wins.

Way to support your school DBstudent and it doesnt matter what happened last night offensively or defensively, Coach Clark is an outstanding coach and has everything under control same goes for coach watson on the defensive side of the ball. DB's offense will pull it together and the defense will continue to play hard. Roll Tribe Roll.

Way to support your school DBstudent and it doesnt matter what happened last night offensively or defensively, Coach Clark is an outstanding coach and has everything under control same goes for coach watson on the defensive side of the ball. DB's offense will pull it together and the defense will continue to play hard. Roll Tribe Roll.

This is what the third STRAIGHT game the offense hasn't showed up? That is kinda sad.....