Dobyns Bennett @ Jefferson County

srupley

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 unanswered points after going up 14-0? I`m not even sure what to say about tonight's game, just made too too many unforced mistakes to even have a chance to win after going up 14. Just sloppy execution after what was an almost perfect 1st quarter. To me it looked like we haven`t been doing much practice in the way of throwing the football, other than the fade to Stepp(great play call even though we only did it once and never called it again), the timing with the passing game was way off. DB defense did exactly what I thought they`d do, load the box with 8-9 guys and dare us to beat them with the pass, something we only did once. We found some early success like I expected but like they always do, DB adjusted and shut the inside running game down(with the help of a lof of fumbles). What stands out to me the most is that DB realized early that they weren`t just going to run the ball all game for the win, and all but abandoned it and just lit us up through the air. They were prepared to do whatever it took to try to win, and it looked like we weren`t. I`m trying to understand why a little success with a running play leads to us running that play all night, while success with a passing play leads no where other than that one play. Or why failure with a passing play leads us to completely stay away from all passing plays the rest of the night, but we`ll run a running play that doesn`t work all night.

Oh and concerning Chris Sensabaugh. He actually got in the game and had some good carries. Running hard against players "older than him". It took more than one to bring him down. A very good sign for the freshman. I bet he gets alot of carries from here on out.

He is more of a power runner than Sylvester,and doesn't care to take it straight at the defense. L. Taylor had a great night at fullback.Jamie C. made an outstanding catch and was a big factor in the passing game along with Lane Dukart . It was a great game for DB,really big after being down early

33 unanswered points after going up 14-0? I`m not even sure what to say about tonight's game, just made too too many unforced mistakes to even have a chance to win after going up 14. Just sloppy execution after what was an almost perfect 1st quarter. To me it looked like we haven`t been doing much practice in the way of throwing the football, other than the fade to Stepp(great play call even though we only did it once and never called it again), the timing with the passing game was way off. DB defense did exactly what I thought they`d do, load the box with 8-9 guys and dare us to beat them with the pass, something we only did once. We found some early success like I expected but like they always do, DB defense and adjusted and shut the inside running game down(with the help of a lof of fumbles). What stands out to me the most is that DB realized early that they weren`t just going to run the ball all game for the win, and all but abandoned it and just lit us up through the air. They were prepared to do whatever it took to try to win, and it looked like we weren`t. I`m trying to understand why a little success with a running play leads to us running that play all night, while success with a passing play leads no where other than that one play. Or why failure with a passing play leads us to completely stay away from all passing plays the rest of the night, but we`ll run a running play that doesn`t work all night.

I knew we had to pass when your two big tackles closed it down on the inside.I hope that one big man,I think number 70 is allright.I thought a bunch of tribe fans were going to loose it during the first quarter,because you guys were taking it to us

Congrats TO ALL THE INDIANS, great win tonight against a good team!!!!!!!

Hats off to the offense! Defense as always great job!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Build on this and ROLL TRIBE ROLL! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

33 unanswered points after going up 14-0? I`m not even sure what to say about tonight's game, just made too too many unforced mistakes to even have a chance to win after going up 14. Just sloppy execution after what was an almost perfect 1st quarter. To me it looked like we haven`t been doing much practice in the way of throwing the football, other than the fade to Stepp(great play call even though we only did it once and never called it again), the timing with the passing game was way off. DB defense did exactly what I thought they`d do, load the box with 8-9 guys and dare us to beat them with the pass, something we only did once. We found some early success like I expected but like they always do, DB defense and adjusted and shut the inside running game down(with the help of a lof of fumbles). What stands out to me the most is that DB realized early that they weren`t just going to run the ball all game for the win, and all but abandoned it and just lit us up through the air. They were prepared to do whatever it took to try to win, and it looked like we weren`t. I`m trying to understand why a little success with a running play leads to us running that play all night, while success with a passing play leads no where other than that one play. Or why failure with a passing play leads us to completely stay away from all passing plays the rest of the night, but we`ll run a running play that doesn`t work all night.

Not disagreeing with you or agreeing with you, because I wasn't at the game, but that report sounds a lot like a Tennessee fan on a call in show.

Like I said earlier no one complains about the play calling when it works. With that said you are probably right, we just don't have a Tyler Brown type guy at wide out that can take pressure off the running game.

Again, not trying to take anything away from anybody I know this years group of boys has tremendous heart and a fair amount of talent. I know Gut and the boys are giving it their all everyday and every game.

I still proud of the boys, there aren't many teams that could jump out and hit somebody like DB in the mouth. It doesn't sound like we were intimidated by the Maroon mystique.

Lastly hats off to the DB boys, no matter how some of the maroons on here panicked and kept talking about so many things that didn't matter, it takes a lot to come back from 14 down when you are already in the middle of a tough season.

I hope my boys get another shot at DB later this year, Jeff Co is 2-1 all time in the playoffs against DB.

If the remainder of our conference opponents, save Science Hill, are similar to Jefferson County, write off the Ring/Crawford quarterback controversy. I think it was dispelled tonight by the Ring to Crawford passing clinic and again, like every week, in the Ring to Dukart connection.

Nice play calling on Graham's part, save early turnovers and Jefferson County may not have scored any points. I believe they ran one play off a turnover for a score and two plays off a turnover for a score. Great job out of Watson again tonight.

Speculate all you want, for a confidence booster, a collective community sigh of relief, and for the team to get the monkey off their proverbial back...it was a very good win by the players and coaches, keep up the hardwork. Let's Roll Tribe.

If the remainder of our conference opponents, save Science Hill, are similar to Jefferson County, write off the Ring/Crawford quarterback controversy. I think it was dispelled tonight by the Ring to Crawford passing clinic and again, like every week, in the Ring to Dukart connection.

Nice play calling on Graham's part, save early turnovers and Jefferson County may not have scored any points. I believe they ran one play off a turnover for a score and two plays off a turnover for a score. Great job out of Watson again tonight.

Speculate all you want, for a confidence booster, a collective community sigh of relief, and for the team to get the monkey off their proverbial back...it was a very good win by the players and coaches, keep up the hardwork. Let's Roll Tribe.

Rupley Ring finally starting throwing a ball that was catchable.Bart did have a breakout game.So did Crawford and Lane,Slyvester, and alot of other players on the team.The play calling was the best it has been all year,that makes a big difference,Again more points could have been scored.Sensabaugh, I thought had a good game starting on varsity.Lawson looked good at fullback also.Rupley look in Fridays paper at the stats. on the big East Conf. Take into consideration that 2 of dukharts tds were kickoff returns.Enough said.I hope we didn't leave any dumplins in dumplin valley. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I would like to hear more thoughts on Sensabaugh.

Roll Tribe!

Personally, I had never seen the kid play before. He's fast and hard to stop. I found him to be an exciting and valuable addition to the varsity. And I'll tell ya, the fans around me thought the same thing. Going forward, they've got to use him more. The guy was pumped.

The Defense looked good as usual, after adjustments were made. Good job there. Hats off to the offense - where have you guys been? Just continue to improve and you can turn this season around. Stagnate and your dead!

Now I would like to hear some opinions. If the offense that showed up last night where the one playing last week end against OR, would the result have been the same. For that matter - the Bearden game? Personally I don't think so. There were significant improvements and IMO not due to anything negative on JC's defense.

Personally, I had never seen the kid play before. He's fast and hard to stop. I found him to be an exciting and valuable addition to the varsity. And I'll tell ya, the fans around me thought the same thing. Going forward, they've got to use him more. The guy was pumped.

The Defense looked good as usual, after adjustments were made. Good job there. Hats off to the offense - where have you guys been? Just continue to improve and you can turn this season around. Stagnate and your dead!

Now I would like to hear some opinions. If the offense that showed up last night where the one playing last week end against OR, would the result have been the same. For that matter - the Bearden game? Personally I don't think so. There were significant improvements and IMO not due to anything negative on JC's defense.

IT looked a lot like the WB game except we held on to the ball.We have to be able to put it up like that.10 made one of the best grabs of the year.33 made one of the best runs of the year.Give Chris a few more games and we will be ready for the playoffs,if we can keep it going in the air.Great job number 7,24,10,. Bateman,Sylvester and hogg had great games on the defense.

Its called coaching.