Farragut vs Mcminn

hunter

I think this game will be low scoring, maybe in the 21-10 Farragut range. If the Bearden game proved anything it's load the line to stop Sterling, and hope Martland has a bad game. That's much safer than hoping Sterling has a bad game. I'm a firm believer in not allowing the opponents best player to beat you. You have to take chances on defense when playing a stronger opponent. Put 7 in the box, press coverage, because Farragut hasn't proven that they can complete the deep pass consistently.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought on this game is that Farragut is got a good defensive line and has shown the ability to put alot of presure on the passer. If that happens I think that plays right into McMinn's hand becuase Devon #8 is such a threat when he has to use his scrambling ability to make a play. If I was Farragut I would make sure my corners played containment on the edges and I would assign a spy for Devon....because if you start running up the field trying to pressure him then he will tuck it and run and he has shown he is pretty good at that.

GO TRIBE!!!!

Ya the running back for McMinn last year was really good i think his name was Trace?

Yes Trace McDermott. He is a great Running back one of the best that I have seen in this area for quite sometime. Now he is playing for Tennessee Martin. I think Trace has a little brother that plays at McMinn now. Because I know they were calling a McDermott at running back at the Jamboree in Chattanooga earlier in the year.

Yes Trace McDermott. He is a great Running back one of the best that I have seen in this area for quite sometime. Now he is playing for Tennessee Martin. I think Trace has a little brother that plays at McMinn now. Because I know they were calling a McDermott at running back at the Jamboree in Chattanooga earlier in the year.

Your right, thats his younger brother whose a soph. His name is tevin and he is a good player for McMinn this year.

All I seem to read and hear about is how great Sterlling is and that Farragut is huge upfront and that McMinn does not have much of a chance to stop this explosive offensive machine. Well boys and girls I got some news for you McMinn is not so small themselves and you will realize you have been involved in a football game when you have played the cherokees because they will hit you and continue to hit you.

Sure Farragut might be the better team on paper but this McMinn team has some quality athletes themselves and has shown the ability to make plays againist 2 quick teams. No doubt Sterling is a good player and I am sure he will get his yards but the key to this game is not him but the ability for Farragut to throw and catch the football. If McMinn can be efffective againist the pass then they can load the box and then gain the advantage againist the powerful running game of the admirals.

McMinn wins this one because "Stone Cold said so".......Should be a good game.....come on down Farragut fans, great weather, good teams, good stadium, clean bathrooms and good food.....

GO TRIBE!!!!!

I can't decide if I will make the trip down to McMinn or not... I believe the game will aired on WMAK on saturday at 9pm and Sunday, not sure on the time on Sunday. The game seems more interesting than I was anticipating at the beg. of the year only because McMinn played Ooltewah so close. I am sure it will be a great game. If I don't go I will update the game on either this thread or the night time update thread...

Farragut by 7.

I can't decide if I will make the trip down to McMinn or not... I believe the game will aired on WMAK on saturday at 9pm and Sunday, not sure on the time on Sunday. The game seems more interesting than I was anticipating at the beg. of the year only because McMinn played Ooltewah so close. I am sure it will be a great game. If I don't go I will update the game on either this thread or the night time update thread...

Farragut by 7.

The Knoxville Sentinel has Farragut by 10 in this mornings paper.....again I think this game will be decided by less than a touchdown. The team that excutes the best on special teams will win this one.....From what I have seen and read McMinn has the advantage in the kicking dept. with maybe the best kicker in Region 2 5A. The return men for both teams seem to have decent speed. Can the lines block? Can they tackel the ball carrier? Whoever can do the essential things will factor into the outcome of this important region game......

McMinn is playing with confidence and they realize they can stand toe to toe with the best in this region.....Farragut is always a tough opponent and will be prepared.....But can they be motivated again after an emotional win againist there bitter rival Bearden last week?

Should be a good one in Athens tonight......

GO TRIBE!!!!!

I think this could be a possible upset. Yes, on paper Farragut is the better team but McMinn is one of those teams that can beat you on any given night. They make me nervous anytime we play them. You better be ready Farragut...

Is this one at McMinn? Do you all still have the person on the horse run out on the field before the game? I really enjoyed the trip down there 2 years ago. Nice stadium and fans.

Go Govs!

I think this could be a possible upset. Yes, on paper Farragut is the better team but McMinn is one of those teams that can beat you on any given night. They make me nervous anytime we play them. You better be ready Farragut...

Is this one at McMinn? Do you all still have the person on the horse run out on the field before the game? I really enjoyed the trip down there 2 years ago. Nice stadium and fans.

Go Govs!

Yes the cherokee indian rides on the horse down the McMinn side line then returns down the center of the field.....We are proud of our stadium and hope it is fan friendly to all that visit McMinn.

McMinn Co. wins 24-21 in 2OTs. Farragut got stuck with a 3rd and 17 on their possession of the 2OT. then there was a flag thrown, which, according the the radio guy, woulda been a PI, but it was waived off. McMinn got the ball and kicked a fg on 3rd down. I believe Sterling had around 200yards... not sure on an actual number, but it was close to that. So it sounds like it was rigged since that flag was waived off... haha no I'm just messin, but it sounded like it was a great game. Farragut seemed to kill themselves gain by giving up long 3rd down conversions. I think McMinn got 2 3rd and long conversions where they gained 30yards or more. Bearden did the exact same. Farragut did fine, but on the 3rd downs they gave up the big plays the would let the drive continue. I don't want to say I am shocked that McMinn won especially since Farragut was coming off a big win in OT vs. Bearden, but what can ya do. Losses happen. Hopefully Farragut can still make the playoffs. I think that Farragut, McMinn, Ooltewah, and either Soddy or Bradley are all tied for 3rd in the region with records of 1-1. Oak Ridge and William Blount are tied for 1st with records of 2-0. Looks like Farragut will need to win atleast 3 of the last 5 region games.. preferrably winning 4. 2 of the wins should be easier than the others with games against Soddy and Bradley. The fact that Ooltewah is a home game will help Farragut, but William Blount and Oak Ridge are the hardest games Farragut has. hoefully they can win atleast one of those. If they win 3 of the last 5 games they have a shot at the playoffs, but they will need help from other teams. winning 4 out of 5 and they will be in.

I wonder if Farragut will drop out of the AP top 10? I know the polls don't mean anything, but just curious.