Farragut vs Mcminn

hunter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to McMinn....This Regions is one of the best in the State. Should be interesting to see who comes out on top. I guess WB is the top dog now.

Rigger101 while I respect the fact that WB has a fine football team and you pretty much destroyed Ooltewah which beat McMinn 21-14. I still have to say that OR is the top dog in this region year in and year out until somebody achieves the status of winning championships like they have done for many years. Good luck the rest of the year and maybe the game in Athens in a few weeks will decided the Region 2 5A champion.

GO TRIBE!!!!!

Rigger is a Farragut fan, Anyone can still win the region, Waving the flag off was the right call they just showed a replay on channel 7, kid just fell down. Great win McMinn

I saw the replay last night and i am watching it again. It does look like he just feel down, but its hard to say cause the angle isn't the greatest and it the questionable call comes in the picture right at the last second.. I did notice that the flag was thrown very, very late. I also didn't think that Andre should lost 7 ayrds on the 2nd play of the 2nd ot. It looked like he got hit first 4yards behind the line, but I guess since Andre does what you are taught and keeping his legs moving they thought he was trying to run backwards whith 5 guys on him. Also during the replay of the game it looked to me like the extra point for McMinn's td in the 1st OT was wide left.... I dunno. maybe it was just the camera angle, but it def. looked wide. It is also hard to tell if Farragut's missed Fg was wide or not. it would be nice if WMAK had more than just the one camera angle, and would show replays. I mean the games are on a 25.5hr delay. I guess one good thing for Farragut is they don't have to deal with a running qb anymore this season. This didn't really effect the outcome, but on the flag the refs threw when the McMinn coach came onto the field.... they walked off 10-15yards and said unsportsmanlike conduct.. why wasn't it an automatic first down? Even the WMAK announcer was like... it will be an automatic........ well never mind it's still 4th down. and he seemed confused as well. Farragut killed themselves with penalties.. Also just throwing this out htere.. if Farragut had taller CBs, their secondary would be twice as good or better... first, I don't think #3 and #5 are good anyways... but then they aren't even tall. so they get killed when it comes to jump balls. it showed in this game.

My final thoughts on the game are.... Farragut's secondary killed them, again. I still don't understand why Farragut is running andre out of the spread over and over when they can do an I-form run here and there.. and heck, why didn't they run the formation they did in the 1st OT? I mean 2 runs, 10yards, and a td... Just think if they ran that in the open field who knows what Andre could do. Farragut can also pass out of I-Form to keep the D honest so they don't know it is going to Andre every time. It just doesn't make sense. I know Andre is getting a ton of yards every game, but change your play calls some. It looks to me like they have the exact same gameplan every week. No matter the team, no matter the defense. They don't even change things up at halftime if what they are doing doesn't work.. Maybe that is why when Farragut loses in the playofss, they always get completely dominated.. because by that time, the other teams realized. hey this is hte exact same gameplan they have run all year. It just doesn't make sense to me. Also, I was glad to see that Farragut tried to throw deep, but too bad it was intercepted.. I was disappointed that was the only time they tried it though. You are never going to know if you can do it on a regular basis if you only try once. I hate to say it, but to me it seems that Martland can't get the ball deep. Even when he throws short passes it looks really weird and akward. When I was watching the game... I was thinking I was right when I thought that Farragut hurts themselves by not throwing deep. I could see that everytime Andre was getting tackled there were 4 or 5 McMinn players around, there was always a corner or safety there, and he was getting about 5 yards... If Farragut would throw farther than 10yards the CBs and Safeties would have to go farther down the field instead of just having to sit back about 10 yards and waiting to see if Andre actually gets it or not. Farragut changed the offensive formation, buit its the same old gameplan. run, or throw short.. and randomly throw deep 1 time a game. McMinn is a good team, and better than I thought they would be at the beg. of the season. They deserved the win, because they took advantage of Farragut's weakness and although they didn't really stop Andre, they kept him from breaking a huge TD that he always seesm to get every game.

sorry that my final thoughts are more of just rambling about how I hate Farragut's offense..

cc68, yes that call did have an outcome on the Bearden game, but it was also less than halfway through the game........... I have watched the play many times.. it is hard to tell.. It looks like it is one of those his arm is back and it gets hit and as his arm his getting hit it flings the ball forward with his arm... To say his arm is clearly going forward isn't correct. if it was clearly going forward I think the refs wouldn't have called it a fumble. his arm does go forward, but the ball looks out when that happens. Just because the Bearden players say his arm was going forward doesn't mean they are correct.

I thought it was a disappointing game. It was definitely a wake up call for farragut. They have lived on Andre's legs all season. Their defense is very suspect. As pointed out in previous posts, the DB's are not playing well. They need to change their coverage more, on 3rd and 20 play man? Hello....ever hear of cover2....two deep safeties...who cares if they throw a 10 yd pass underneath. The LB's are SLOW...other than Devan you can run Iso all night if you can block their front 3, the other 2 LBs are just standing around. Their OLBs seem confused about their coverage responsibilities.

The pass interference call was correctly waived off. I didn't think the McMinn guy initiated contact, in fact I thought it was offensive interference. Farragut's field goal in overtime definitely looked good, but wasn't the reason they lost. McMinn's defense was totally gassed in the last drive, and once again Farragut assumed that Andre would save the day for them. Note to team: while it's great to have a player like Andre, championships are won by TEAMS, not players. Farragut had them on the ropes in the end, McMinn was carting defenders off the field two at a time, but they stunk it up and made plays when their team needed them. Farragut stood around and waited for Andre to give it to them.

BTW, #8 for McMinn was as advertised.

Rigger is a Farragut fan, Anyone can still win the region, Waving the flag off was the right call they just showed a replay on channel 7, kid just fell down. Great win McMinn

Rigger is a Football Fan! According to all the polls WB is ranked higher than OR! I have not seen Farragut this year but they have a great group of young men on that team that I had the opportunity to get to know from wrestling. They have big hearts and hopefully a good chance with Sterling to get deep in the playoffs.

Good Luck Admirals!