Farragut vs Mcminn

hunter

Like I said earlier today this should be a good one and come down to which team makes the plays on the special teams.

Guess what McMinn made the play by making a 17 yarder in OT to win while Farragut missed on their attempt.....Great job by the McMinn Cherokees special team players especially #16 Stansell (Kicker) he had good high coverage punts and of course the winning field goal.

Great WIN for this football program againist a good quality opponent.....

GO TRIBE!!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Well since they scored fairly quickly passing against Farragut, and I see Farragut's secondary as being the worst part of the team, other than maybe kicking, but Micah does good plus he saves tds with his tackling skills, I think this game might be very close and possibly come down to kicking.

I called it too.. haha.. but I also thought, just from listening, that Farragut's secondary hurt them as well.. I explained it more in my previous post, about the long 3rd down conversions.

I called it too.. haha.. but I also thought, just from listening, that Farragut's secondary hurt them as well.. I explained it more in my previous post, about the long 3rd down conversions.

Ya the secondary played horrible.... But with all do respect to the cherokees, who are a great team, WE GOT JOBBED ON THE PASS INTERFERENCE CALL! It was so blatant and obvious... the ref initally threw the flag and then it was waived off... it was just rediculous...

P.S. McMinn's punter gets HUGE PROPS kid was just insane....

P.P.S. Wish I had given the refs 20 bucks too... LOL

Ya the secondary played horrible.... But with all do respect to the cherokees, who are a great team, WE GOT JOBBED ON THE PASS INTERFERENCE CALL! It was so blatant and obvious... the ref initally threw the flag and then it was waived off... it was just rediculous...

can we not turn this into a Ooltewah/WB thread from the past 2 years?.. I guess we will see what the WMAK tv people have to say.. assuming they actually show the game like it said on their website last week.. I am wanting to see it though. Once I see it, then I will tell you what I really think.

I think this could be a possible upset. Yes, on paper Farragut is the better team but McMinn is one of those teams that can beat you on any given night. They make me nervous anytime we play them. You better be ready Farragut...

Is this one at McMinn? Do you all still have the person on the horse run out on the field before the game? I really enjoyed the trip down there 2 years ago. Nice stadium and fans.

Go Govs!

What did I say.... Never overlook the Cherokees.

Go Govs!

FHSFOOTBALL51 if you think that stinks McMinn got a terrible call two weeks ago at home againist Ooltewah on a fake punt. So the McMinn fans don't want to listen about somebody getting a bad call because it happened to us at home and had a definite affect on the outcome of that game.

Farragut has a good team no doubt but the secondary is weak.....great RB in Sterling and a huge line to run behind especially on the left side.

This was a classic high school football game and was a great win for the McMinn football program. Good luck Admirals in Region 2 5A....

GO TRIBE!!!!!

FHSFOOTBALL51 if you think that stinks McMinn got a terrible call two weeks ago at home againist Ooltewah on a fake punt. So the McMinn fans don't want to listen about somebody getting a bad call because it happened to us at home and had a definite affect on the outcome of that game.

Farragut has a good team no doubt but the secondary is weak.....great RB in Sterling and a huge line to run behind especially on the left side.

This was a classic high school football game and was a great win for the McMinn football program. Good luck Admirals in Region 2 5A....

GO TRIBE!!!!!

Tribe Fan I understand where you are coming from, but if you saw the game last night that penalty definitely had an outcome on the game. Were you there? If so, you cannot tell me it wasn't a penalty. It was a huge win for McMinn, but I think things could have been different... Again taking nothing away from what they did just blows that refs somehow always seem to miss a call at the worst possible time...

mcminn won last nite 24-21 in double overtime get u some farragut. and y'alls running back aint #2 in the nation. if he is then he shouldnt be. but he is pretty good, he was running like crap, and he ran over a couple of ppl; only once hah.

GO TRIBE!!!!

No dog in this fight (I think that's the southern phrase), but regardless of the outcome of the game....Sterling is no doubt one of the best HS running backs I have ever seen. I wish he could remove the taunts (watching too much NFL), but the fact of the matter is he is very, very good.

Sterling is a good back and has the potential to be a productive player at the college level.....I would personally like to see them throw the ball a bit more to him like on a bubbel screen.....also surely they have a package for him to recieve a direct snap like Mcfadden @ Arkansas.....they did it once last night then not again the entire game.

On the issue of the refs. missing a evident pass interference call.....maybe it was and maybe it was not but one thing I am for sure on was that this was a vetern crew and the white hat has always been fair and very professional when calling any of the McMinn games. I actually made the comment before the game when I saw what crew we had calling the game that it would be a fair game and that this was as good a crew as you could have calling a high school game.

Good game Farragut....now go beat Ooltewah and Oak Ridge and William Blount and try and help your friends @ McMinn......not to mention McMinn has to play OR on the road and WB @ home.....should be exciting how this region unfolds the second half of the season.

GO TRIBE!!!!

mcminn won last nite 24-21 in double overtime get u some farragut. and y'alls running back aint #2 in the nation. if he is then he shouldnt be. but he is pretty good, he was running like crap, and he ran over a couple of ppl; only once hah.

GO TRIBE!!!!

Okay, thanks for the respect.............and if running like crap to you is 218 yards and two touchdowns then I don't know that you judge things very well....also proper grammar would be appreciated on the site. Mcminn was kept in the game by two just thrown up balls that they were able to come down with.

Why the pass interference call was taken away is extremeley strange..I think it obviously was..but the admirals have the rest of the season to continue their domination.

Tribe Fan I understand where you are coming from, but if you saw the game last night that penalty definitely had an outcome on the game. Were you there? If so, you cannot tell me it wasn't a penalty. It was a huge win for McMinn, but I think things could have been different... Again taking nothing away from what they did just blows that refs somehow always seem to miss a call at the worst possible time...

FHSFOOTBALL...quit your crying. Do I need to remind you about the touchdown that the refs gave you in the Bearden game when the Bearden QB's arm was clearly in forward motion (even Farragut fans were shocked at that call.) That also "definitely had an outcome on the game." You lost. Great Job McMinn County.