Knox West v. Halls

KnoxWest#63

I think Halls can hold onto the ball for long periods of time. Thus a minor upset. 21-19.

I agree, but Halls hasnt showed thier ability to sustain long drives this year. They have relied mostly on big plays and I am not sure if we have the speed to break one against West. The best chance we have is a mix of Kitts to the outside, pound the middle w/ Gunter, and to get the ball to Dayton on short routes and letting him be a ball player. If we mix it up we might be able to neutralize their speed. However, what will happen we will run kitts right at the heart of their defense two times and then try to pass it to Dayton on a slant. Our defense showed against SC that they can defend the pass, but I think West's offense is much stronger.

I predict closer than last year, but I havent seen enough from Halls to predict them to win.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton showed no play making ability against a fairly athletic Central team. He was a nonfactor. Matter in fact based on what I recall he will put up big numbers against weak teams and little if anything against more talented teams.

Kitts on the other hand is the more dependable play maker. He has made big plays against Central this year and was the only offense Halls had last year vs, West. I am not sure if he has the speed to break a long one against a very fast West team but I look for him to have 100 plus yards.

Wagner is another player who can make some plays for the offense. Not very fast but has good feet and vision. One problem Halls has on offense is the lack of a productive fullback. Since the injury to their starter they haven't utilized the trap as much. At least not in the Central game. If Halls can get any production out of the FB position that will help the passing and running attack.

As far as the two runs and a slant pass to Dayton . Thats not what I saw in the Central game. The offense was very diverse and utilized a number of formations and innovative play calling.

Regardless of what Halls does on offense Friday night the defense will determine victory or defeat. Make West drive the length of the field and they will make mistakes. Let them have big plays and Halls doesn't have a chance.

Surely Halls will be ready to go for this game by Friday. In my opinion, which usually is not very good, I would remind the Devils what happened to them last year every chance I got. Now after saying that, will it matter that the guys are fired up and ready to go. Does West have to many weapons and will we use our weapons like we should? There really should be no question after Friday night who the Devils should try to get the ball to. Kitts was amazing, yes it was Gibbs, but he put on a show. Dayton to me is not as good as he was last year. It could have to do with teams keying on him, but as of right now he seems to not be producing like he was expected to. Lets get the ball to Kitts as much as possible and hopefully tackle on defense, they have been in position all year but just cannot tackle. I have a good feeling about this one and my gut is telling me to pick the Devils just because they will be at home and it should be packed with red and white all over the place.

We all knew that West would get it going at some point, and it sure looks like they are off and running now. I'll pick West, 35-21.

west wins this one big their offense is way too much for halls to stop and halls doesnt have any better offense then SD does so they wont score above 24 in this while west could easily get in the 50's

pray for SD's QB Jonathan Mitchell he endured a lot and now is out for the season with 2 plates and 13 screws in his left arm man wat a tough year for him

I guarantee you Halls is 20 points better than S.D. Better on offense and much better on defense. I was able to see West play and I just can't see them scoring 50 points on Halls. That would put them in the same league as Maryville and that they are NOT.

If Halls turns the ball over, gives up big plays, and lets West control field position. West will win easily. But if I were the Rebels don't expect the same Halls team you played last year.

Over look the Devils and the ride back to Sutherland Ave. will be a long sad one.

I still say Halls will take care of business and come out with a 21 to 19 victory.

Well we are all dealing with specualtion here. South Doyle is better this year. The loss of their starting QB could hurt them but their backup ran for two long scores last week. Halls really doesn't know how to defend against a good running QB. McMillian had a unbelievable game partly due to his athletic ability and due to our poor and ineffective tackling. Don't know much about defenses and schemes so I couldn't say for sure that wasn't a big problem also against Central. So South Doyle won't be a easy task for Halls at their place.

After a slow start in game one Kitts has come on the scene and has played better week to week. I know last week was Gibbs but still he got it done early and set the tone. It would be great to see a 1,000 yard back at Halls again.

A big game is needed from both lines. Turner was still getting to much pressure when trying to pass. But on the defensive side they rebounded big time and kept Gibbs from getting anything going. The best I've seen the line play in a long time they were in the backfield all night. Brent Hughes has been playing well. Ladish, Leonard & Blair have also been outstanding. McGill leads the team in tackles and has his nose around the ball seemingly every play.

west wins this one big their offense is way too much for halls to stop and halls doesnt have any better offense then SD does so they wont score above 24 in this while west could easily get in the 50's

pray for SD's QB Jonathan Mitchell he endured a lot and now is out for the season with 2 plates and 13 screws in his left arm man wat a tough year for him

Sorry to hear about your starting QB. You never want to see that happen and especially during your senior year.

I agree, but Halls hasnt showed thier ability to sustain long drives this year. They have relied mostly on big plays and I am not sure if we have the speed to break one against West. The best chance we have is a mix of Kitts to the outside, pound the middle w/ Gunter, and to get the ball to Dayton on short routes and letting him be a ball player. If we mix it up we might be able to neutralize their speed. However, what will happen we will run kitts right at the heart of their defense two times and then try to pass it to Dayton on a slant. Our defense showed against SC that they can defend the pass, but I think West's offense is much stronger.

I predict closer than last year, but I havent seen enough from Halls to predict them to win.

Actually Gun, Halls has shown the ability to take chunks off the clock. In the beginning of the second half at Central, Halls took the ball 80 yards and took over 6 minutes off the clock. BUT, that's the only time I can remember thusfar that it hasn't been the big play type like you said. I don't think Halls should worry so much about controlling the ball per say as to worrying about stopping them defensively. The offense has shown it can score. It just better show up Friday night. I look for this one to be a shootout with West coming out on top.

I think that will be about right. Halls at home and smash mouth football to speed the clock up. Last year every thing fell into place for West I see a closer game this time. Hopefully Dayton will be getting over his quad problem and Kitts will be on fire again. West will go into this game as a two touchdown favorite.

West is one of the best teams I've seen in a while in 4a (with the exception those Maryville kids). Jake Ryan, Klotzblach, and J Wagner have been major contributors. I don't believe Easterly has lived up to his hype. But on the other side Halls has had some play makers in K Wagg, Wes Kitts, and Daniel Dayton. And the boys are still waiting on the Powerful fullback Reese Kelly to return from injury. I see this game closer than everyone says. I'm not sayin Halls is going to "Rock They're World" but I don't see a 45-0 halftime score. Halls has an awesome defense with C Leanard, Brent Hughes, Micah Bolden, and we're still waiting on Reese Kelly at Nose. I honestly think (though i AM a Halls fan) that the Red Devils can pull it out.

West is one of the best teams I've seen in a while in 4a (with the exception those Maryville kids). Jake Ryan, Klotzblach, and J Wagner have been major contributors. I don't believe Easterly has lived up to his hype. But on the other side Halls has had some play makers in K Wagg, Wes Kitts, and Daniel Dayton. And the boys are still waiting on the Powerful fullback Reese Kelly to return from injury. I see this game closer than everyone says. I'm not sayin Halls is going to "Rock They're World" but I don't see a 45-0 halftime score. Halls has an awesome defense with C Leanard, Brent Hughes, Micah Bolden, and we're still waiting on Reese Kelly at Nose. I honestly think (though i AM a Halls fan) that the Red Devils can pull it out.

speakin of Reese, anyone heard how he's doin? Any chance he'll make it back this year? I know it's gotta be tough on a kid as tough as him to not be out there.