Knox West v. Halls

KnoxWest#63

Hearing rumors Reese could be back by the Powell game. Very optimistic but wouldn't count it out. He would have been the missing link in the Central game. If he had played I think McMillian wouldn't have been so effective. South Doyle utilizes a running QB so I hope he gets in that game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing rumors Reese could be back by the Powell game. Very optimistic but wouldn't count it out. He would have been the missing link in the Central game. If he had played I think McMillian wouldn't have been so effective. South Doyle utilizes a running QB so I hope he gets in that game.

Right you are Zcar. With Reese in the game the outcome may have been drastically different. Of course the same could be said about Wilson for the Bobcats.

The Powell game could have the final play off spot in the balance. Reese being back for that game would be a big boast for the Devils.

If the Red Devils can find a way to get past the Rebels they have an outside shot at the #2 spot in the Region.

Halls 21 West 19

Right you are Zcar. With Reese in the game the outcome may have been drastically different. Of course the same could be said about Wilson for the Bobcats.

The Powell game could have the final play off spot in the balance. Reese being back for that game would be a big boast for the Devils.

If the Red Devils can find a way to get past the Rebels they have an outside shot at the #2 spot in the Region.

Halls 21 West 19

no way halls wins this. they dont have a better defense than SD and west put up 42. ryans dominates all night long.

west 49 halls 21(west defense will get tired late)

I think most people would agree with you, tnnd54, at least about who should be favored. However, I don't foresee a blowout like last year. Halls needs to internalize that and come out laying the wood. Knock the West players around a little bit and let them know they're in for a ball game. If that happens early, and Halls can get a quick score, West will start experiencing some doubt.

no way halls wins this. they dont have a better defense than SD and west put up 42. ryans dominates all night long.

west 49 halls 21(west defense will get tired late)

Tnnd54 you come on here and say SD has a better defense. They sure didn't last year when we put up 27 on you and the year before wasn't it in the sixties or seventies at your place I wouldn't go crowing about how good SD defense is or even compare us until we meet on week 10. Then after that game you can do all the song and dance that makes you feel better. But beware it may not turn out how you think. Then again you could be doing the snoopy dance.

When was the last time SD even played Halls a close game I have a very short memory please help me out.

west wins this one big their offense is way too much for halls to stop and halls doesnt have any better offense then SD does so they wont score above 24 in this while west could easily get in the 50'spray for SD's QB Jonathan Mitchell he endured a lot and now is out for the season with 2 plates and 13 screws in his left arm man wat a tough year for him

Noticed this also Kind of hate us don't you?

Last week I nailed my first ever pick - Halls over Gibbs. This week I will try to follow up my success with two picks:

1st - West to win

2nd - Not as bad as last year at half (45-0)

On a personal note, I hope the Halls kids didn't like getting thier nose rubbed in it last year. Back in the day (after getting beat like that) I would guarantee, that win or loss, West players would remember this game forever!! Not sure if the Halls players are TOUGH/MEAN enough to dish out a little payback with some big hits!! I guess we will see.

tnnd54 can't be serious. Halls doesn't a have a better OR defense? Completely agree w/ ZCAR.

'06 27-7

'05 70-21

'04 42-12

'03 35-0

Stats don't lie my man. they don't lie. And ***note*** that the whole 2nd half of last year's game was Halls' Tuba Section!

the past is the past boys i havent said a thing about past years have i. ive only been talking about this year. and yes i will be doing all kind of dancing week 10 after we beat halls.

Ironman made a good point. Win or loss Friday night the Red Devils need to make sure West know Saturday morning that they came to the Crossroads and got knocked around, but is Halls kids tough like the good ole days. Haven't seen it several years. Several times Halls players get a good cheap shot put on them and nothing in return happens. I am not saying fight, but back in my days of pitching if one of my players got hit I was going to send a message it was not to happen again. Do they have that tough mentality anymore? We will see Friday night.