JCS @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

First things first....Welcome to Region 8-2A JCS....you seem to be holding your ground especially against one of the best teams in the region in Martin Westview...that proved alot to me and it proved to me that you'll be hard to beat this season...

Secondly, have a safe trip down to Gibson Co. and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't come to this part of redneck country in a charter bus!!!!! St. Benedict came to GC a few years ago and everyone acted like it was the first charter bus they've ever seen in their lives /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thirdly, be prepared for a good game hopefully....NO BLOWOUTS!!!!! and may players from both sides come out unhurt...

Gibson Co 35

JCS 28 /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first....Welcome to Region 8-2A JCS....you seem to be holding your ground especially against one of the best teams in the region in Martin Westview...that proved alot to me and it proved to me that you'll be hard to beat this season...

Secondly, have a safe trip down to Gibson Co. and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't come to this part of redneck country in a charter bus!!!!! St. Benedict came to GC a few years ago and everyone acted like it was the first charter bus they've ever seen in their lives /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Thirdly, be prepared for a good game hopefully....NO BLOWOUTS!!!!! and may players from both sides come out unhurt...

Gibson Co 35

JCS 28 /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

GCPioneer,

You don't have to worry about JCS rolling into Dyer on a chartered bus. They took two blocks of cheese for the trip to Fayette Acadamy a couple of weeks ago. I suspect the same this week.

With that said, I think the score will be 35-14 in favor of JCS. GC has one of the best tailbacks in the region in Cunningham. He has breakaway speed to spare. However, 78 of his 109 yards against TCA were on one play. Against Halls, the balance of his yards were on three plays. For the most part, Milan shut him down. Your fullback is a quality player who is difficult to bring down. His play is limited to in between the tackles though. To date, GC has not shown much of a passing game at all. I firmly believe that the smaller JCS lines will be able to handle the larger lines of GC. The line play will be key in this game.

With all due respect, the DB's of GC should be outmatched against the WR's of JCS. If GC tries someting like a 3 rush 8 back set to stop the pass, JCS can run the football if needed.

Perhaps we will get the opportunity to meet before this game gets underway.

As always, let's hope for an injury free game for both teams. I am looking forward to another one of those good burgers from your concession stand.

GCPioneer,

You don't have to worry about JCS rolling into Dyer on a chartered bus. They took two blocks of cheese for the trip to Fayette Acadamy a couple of weeks ago. I suspect the same this week.

With that said, I think the score will be 35-14 in favor of JCS. GC has one of the best tailbacks in the region in Cunningham. He has breakaway speed to spare. However, 78 of his 109 yards against TCA were on one play. Against Halls, the balance of his yards were on three plays. For the most part, Milan shut him down. Your fullback is a quality player who is difficult to bring down. His play is limited to in between the tackles though. To date, GC has not shown much of a passing game at all. I firmly believe that the smaller JCS lines will be able to handle the larger lines of GC. The line play will be key in this game.

With all due respect, the DB's of GC should be outmatched against the WR's of JCS. If GC tries someting like a 3 rush 8 back set to stop the pass, JCS can run the football if needed.

Perhaps we will get the opportunity to meet before this game gets underway.

As always, let's hope for an injury free game for both teams. I am looking forward to another one of those good burgers from your concession stand.

GC played the worst game possible last week versus TCA..they through the ball on us with ease and had several of our defensive backs burnt easily...with that said I don't expect anything different from JCS passing the ball however I do hope our DB's play a whole lot better!!!

and I'm down to meet before the game...shoot me an email...lownsdale_63@hotmail.com

PASSING---HUDSON TO GRIZZELL---HUDSON TO PERKINS---HUDSON TO TAYLOR---HUDSON TO PRESLEY

RUSHING---HUDSON---TAYLOR---TAGGART---WHITE...

These are the weapons... JCS hasn't even put together a solid quarter yet... but they have the weapons and all of them have fired in spots this year... Hopefully, they will all be firing Friday night. Hard to make a prediction because we don't know which team will show up or what quarter they'll arrive if they do... Maybe we need a Charter Bus... Maybe that's the problem... (Just kidding... I kind of like the short stumpy yellow busses...)

I'm sure Cunningham will have a good night but I like our chances with the multiple weapons. No score prediction, at least not yet...

Looking forward to the game Friday night...

By the way Gibson County you've been in our prayers this year. I hope your boys and all your students and families are healing well from the loss of one of your young men. I just can't imagine how difficult that has been for everyone but I'm sure it has put football in its proper perspective. We talk smack and worry and fret about this game too much I'm sure and often lose sight of what it is all about.

I think JCS has this one i know if they play as good like they did when we (Westview) played them they should have the big W good luck to both teams.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> JCS 28 Gibson Co. 14 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />