Officiating........how has it been?

slits-shady

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had a couple of games, low profile games I might add, where the officials were all or almost all brand new. A lot of questionable calls in these games but they have to learn somewhere and sometime. I just wish it would be at a middle school game. A high school player shouldn't get flagged for blocking until the whistle blows or hitting the QB when he is running an option play.

It called unnecessary roughness.

That's not what the officials called it. When a QB is running the option he is free game. And since when can a lineman not block until the whistle blows? Who changed that rule? I'm talking locked up on one man pushing him down the field and a flag gets thrown before the whistle gets blown. How is that wrong?

That's not what the officials called it. When a QB is running the option he is free game. And since when can a lineman not block until the whistle blows? Who changed that rule? I'm talking locked up on one man pushing him down the field and a flag gets thrown before the whistle gets blown. How is that wrong?

I agree, the QB is free game on an option play. I was taught to block until the whistle blew. Of course thats been a while back too.

down by 10 late 2qt have a team 4th and goal from the 30y-line

FG attempt missed the FG but the Def. gets a roughing the center when recording proved

3 things

1. The Defence did not line up over top of the center

2. The ball was back to the holder B-4 the center was touched.

3. The noise man was blocked into the center by the right gaurd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an invert whistle the field judge got faked out at the line. 3SEC. and 6 yrds later the ball carrier goes out of bounds

did not even get a MY BAD from the ref. and he spotted the ball where the carrier went out of bounds.

Like I said not even a MY BAD but he did give us a 15yd side line pently when the coach ask about it during a time out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and a few more in the

9-14-07

Sequoyah vs the Ref's and McMinn Central

Granted at this point Sequoyah is 0-3 but in the other 2 games we where just out played.

i feel you pain brothers ... its been way to many for me to even begin ..but they have all game during big games ..like playoffs and region title games .. opps did it type this out loud?

The crew at the GC/Milan game was absolutely horrible this year...the penalty ratio was Milan 2 penalties Gibson Co. 14 penalties.....They got us one time on an XP where Milans place holder dropped the ball and took off running and one of our players grabbed him by the side of his shoulder pads spun him around and through him down and they called face mask...another call they blew this was actually a penalty AGAINST Milan but was waved off: Milan's RB was making a run down the field and a receiver runs up behind one of our defensive backs and nails him in the back and continues to push him back down field and then the RB runs by and the ref throws the flag Milan gets down to about the 2 yard line and the ref waves the flag off..IT WAS CLEARLY A CLIP!...needless to say our coach called timeout and gave the whitehat a but chewin!

To be honest the varsity games have been called pretty well...I have seen 4 freshmen and JV games that were horribly called......Alot of that has to do with the crews not having the normal amount of officials....I have seen blatant holds and facemask penalties not called for both teams playing,some pretty much in front of the official....I'm not real sure if these guys that do these games are at the varsity game level yet or they just do junior high and freshmen/JV games.....But so far no complaints about varsity games....

FG attempt missed the FG but the Def. gets a roughing the center when recording proved

3 things

an invert whistle the field judge got faked out at the line. 3SEC. and 6 yrds later the ball carrier goes out of bounds

did not even get a MY BAD from the ref. and he spotted the ball where the carrier went out of bounds.

Like I said not even a MY BAD but he did give us a 15yd side line pently when the coach ask about it during a time out.

and a few more in the

9-14-07

Sequoyah vs the Ref's and McMinn Central

Granted at this point Sequoyah is 0-3 but in the other 2 games we where just out played.

Hmmmmm must have been those refs out of Athens. I have yet to see a good crew come from Athens. I have seen some horrible calls, some weird calls, and some good calls out of the Athens crews this year.

3 things

1. It doesn't matter where or if someone is lined up over the center, if he is roughed he is roughed.

2. Doesn't matter if the holder has the ball, the snapper can not be hit until the official determines his head is up and he can defend himself.

3. What in the heck is 'the noise man'?

3 things

1. It doesn't matter where or if someone is lined up over the center, if he is roughed he is roughed.

2. Doesn't matter if the holder has the ball, the snapper can not be hit until the official determines his head is up and he can defend himself.

3. What in the heck is 'the noise man'?

Were you in stripes @ Gordonsville last friday night?