Smith Co. @ Macon Co.

glover

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Well I do have to say that Owls are much better than most thought they would be this year, I still believe that despite their record, macon is a much better team than most think. They are young and are growing as the season goes on. I remember a few year ago that a 5-5 Livinginston team slipped into the playoffs and went on to win the State Championship. Now I am not saying that Macon will win State this year, but if they keep improving as they have then I can see them making some noise in the playoffs. As for the game it shoud be a good one. I am going go out on a limb and say Macon Co. 20 Smith 14. Hope to a great game. Come early if you want to get a seat.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I do have to say that Owls are much better than most thought they would be this year, I still believe that despite their record, macon is a much better team than most think. They are young and are growing as the season goes on. I remember a few year ago that a 5-5 Livinginston team slipped into the playoffs and went on to win the State Championship. Now I am not saying that Macon will win State this year, but if they keep improving as they have then I can see them making some noise in the playoffs. As for the game it shoud be a good one. I am going go out on a limb and say Macon Co. 20 Smith 14. Hope to a great game. Come early if you want to get a seat.

I don't think that prediction is anywhere close. JMO.

I think I am safe in saying Macon can forget about the playoffs this year.

#1. You scheduled SCHS for homecoming. Nice slap in the face.

#2. SCHS is "just a little" ticked off about losing Friday night.

#3. Predicting MC 20 - 14 over SCHS?!

Nice set up for Friday night!

I havnt seen a regular season game of SC, but I say that if they come out and fumble the way I hear they have all season to this point. The Tigers will be in the game and make it dangerous for SC at the end. I would bet the Tigers will play inspired football for this game much like they did the second half against Westmoreland. If the Owls dont take control of the game in the first quarter look out. I'm pulling for the Macon Co. Tigers in this game.

I would love to see the Tigers take this one, but it seems the odds are against them. Traditionally, Smith Co. and Macon Co. have always played this rivalry to the fullest. Lots of emotion in this one. The coaching staff of both schools have played "musical chairs" with the teams for years. when the music stops, noone knows where they end up! GO BIG BLUE!

I will call a spade a spade. SC has looked really good at times this year. And then there has been times that they have made several costly mistakes. Unfortunately, last Friday night was one of those times were mistakes were captilazed on. SC should win this ballgame going away in my opinion if they don't make some of the same mistakes that they have been making all year. It will be interesting to see how the SC players respond after getting their butts handed to them by York. Kids are a little different now days. You never know how they will respond. I would like to think that they will take last week personal and challenge themselves to take care of business. If that is the case,

SC - 42

MC - 14

I'll go out on a limb myself. If our guys will come out and play the first half instead of the second half then it will be a close game. There are 4 quarters guys not 2 so play all 4 of them this week. You get mad at what I just said good you need to get mad. I know you can do better than you did Friday come on no sleepin on the job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll go out on a limb myself. If our guys will come out and play the first half instead of the second half then it will be a close game. There are 4 quarters guys not 2 so play all 4 of them this week. You get mad at what I just said good you need to get mad. I know you can do better than you did Friday come on no sleepin on the job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know what some of you guys are smoking!!!!does it really mean that much that this is HOMECOMING???Maybe it does to the kids but I thought most of us here are adults.....get over it...

I love Macon County football and I wish they'd win every game...(used to play there myself) but IMPROVING??/

The only game we played decent was the Pearl Cohn game and we were just beaten by a better football team...

Westmoreland and Trousdale beat us the same way...they gave the ball 90% of the time to their 1 or 2 good athletes....until Macon get's the ball in #25's hands for 80% of the plays....we may not win anymore.....

and NO....#25 is not a member of my family....

GO TIGERS......HOPE YOU BEAT SMITH COUNTY THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!