Smith Co. @ Macon Co.

glover

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Who would have ever thought that......Stampus Lickus pulling for a Blue Tiger (MC-G-Ville) against SC. Is this the same MC you accused of buying refs?? Now you are on their side? Are you kicking in a few dollars to help them out? Instead of being a Big Red Bird.....go ahead and make the switch.....You are a Blue Tiger fan. Have been since March.

G-Ville-Macon Co.-TSU-Memphis-just to name a few. Probably likes any Blue wildcat too. (cat family). Don't say that you are for anybody the plays SC....never heard a word out of you last week...or the week before. Only when we play a Blue Tiger. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Your right, last week I thought their was no chance that a team from Jamestown could beat the mighty Owls. Like I have said in earlier posts, York has never beaten Westmoreland but you all give them all kinds of credit. I have never been impressed with a York team to tell you the truth. Last season in the playoffs I felt we gave what they needed to get the game to overtime. This week I really think the Blue Tigers will be fired up and thinking they can win this game. They seem to perform well in rivalry games. Other than that they dont show up. I dont think Macon is very good but when you fumble and fiddle around it allows any half way decent team to stay in a ballgame. Just ask Cannon Co. I dont think that MC bought any refs. I just feel like the refs like blue Tigers when they play red eagles thats all. I'll say Smith in a close one here but look out.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry that, powder puff schedule, will get a little tougher next year, when pearl-cohn moves down /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> to 2a, and into smith co. region. This is a fact not fiction.

Who are you, Ronnie Carter? Hey, he don't live in Macon County!!! You are an imposer!!!

Don't worry that, powder puff schedule, will get a little tougher next year, when pearl-cohn moves down /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> to 2a, and into smith co. region. This is a fact not fiction.

Is PC dropping 20% next year? Reclassification isn't until 2009. Even so...they would likely be in the Nashville region.

It wouldn't matter to us anyway.

HEY JUNGLE FAN I GAVE YOU ALL CAPS HOW ABOUT THAT /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I KNOW HOW THEY HATE THOSE CAPS ON BUT BEING FROM MACON WE JUST DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER. I WILL PUT MY 2 CENTS IN SOON I HAVE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF THIS PUTTING DOWN OUR GUYS I AM JUST WAITING FOR THE RIGHT POST TO HIT ME THE WRONG WAY.

Ok.

1) We do have a good running game,but our line for some reason can't open good enough holes.

*Thats just my Opinion*

2)Just because we pass alot,doesn't mean our run game is weak. We're just better at it.

Would a team that can run well use more run plays or pass plays?! I'd say Run plays,why waste time on a doubted thing?!

3) We'll all see about this friday,I'm not gonna say"Tigers gonna win by 14 points" or "The Owls are gonna Whip us".

If we can stay in the ball game up until half time then we're doing good. Because anyone who has watched a Macon County game,will have noticed that we tend to score a whole lot more in the second half. Thats when our team seems to really step it up.

So,see you OWLS this friday. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Ok.

1) We do have a good running game,but our line for some reason can't open good enough holes.

*Thats just my Opinion*

2)Just because we pass alot,doesn't mean our run game is weak. We're just better at it.

Would a team that can run well use more run plays or pass plays?! I'd say Run plays,why waste time on a doubted thing?!

3) We'll all see about this friday,I'm not gonna say"Tigers gonna win by 14 points" or "The Owls are gonna Whip us".

If we can stay in the ball game up until half time then we're doing good. Because anyone who has watched a Macon County game,will have noticed that we tend to score a whole lot more in the second half. Thats when our team seems to really step it up.

So,see you OWLS this friday. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You score more in the 2nd half because it's usually been against the other team's subs when the game is out of reach.

I don't think that will happen Friday because of SC's depth.

Your right, last week I thought their was no chance that a team from Jamestown could beat the mighty Owls. Like I have said in earlier posts, York has never beaten Westmoreland but you all give them all kinds of credit. I have never been impressed with a York team to tell you the truth.

I hear you postman! I had never really been impressed with a York team myself. I can never remember a York team beating me and a team(s) that I played on back in the day. Just do me a favor. On Saturday, October 6, get back on the Westmoreland/York thread and tell me your opinion of them. It sounds as if you don't believe it. I am still having a hard time myself.

And another thing, you had to be at that game to understand it all. Yes York was the better team that night. They deserved to win the game. But as outplayed as SC was, they still had their chances to win the ballgame several times. And the 14 point victory was a lot closer than the score indicated. One of them was a worthless touchdown after SC went for it on 4th and forever on their own 20 something yard line. Don't think they actually tried to score again, just that we gave up IMHO.

You score more in the 2nd half because it's usually been against the other team's subs when the game is out of reach.

ROFL! Whitehouse had there 1st string in the whole time,just so you know. Oh,and Pearl Cohn,and Trousdale,oh oh,and even Westmoreland. Thought I'd let you in on that one. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Antwan @ Sep 25 2007 - 10:13 PM)

ROFL! Whitehouse had there 1st string in the whole time,just so you know. Oh,and Pearl Cohn,and Trousdale,oh oh,and even Westmoreland. Thought I'd let you in on that one.

White House had their starters out with 6 mins. left in the 2nd quarter when it was 34-0. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First off, I personally saw Smith Co. vs Pearl Cohn this summer at a passing camp at APSU and the Owls competed very well against the Firebirds. That would be a much more exciting matchup than a 38-12 game or even a 48-27 game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Secondly, Pearl Cohn WILL NOT DROP TO 2A in two years. NO WAY!!! I heard it with my own two ears that the Firebirds are going to elect to play up and remain in 3A. Why wouldn't they do so????? Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, Ezell, etc. are all going to be in the Nashville 2A region. Lipscomb is going to move up to 4A in two years so the chances of them switching over the PC's region is out of the question as well.

Pearl Cohn's coach is using his head in this decision. NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS ONE!!!!!

First off, I personally saw Smith Co. vs Pearl Cohn this summer at a passing camp at APSU and the Owls competed very well against the Firebirds. That would be a much more exciting matchup than a 38-12 game or even a 48-27 game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Secondly, Pearl Cohn WILL NOT DROP TO 2A in two years. NO WAY!!! I heard it with my own two ears that the Firebirds are going to elect to play up and remain in 3A. Why wouldn't they do so????? Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, Ezell, etc. are all going to be in the Nashville 2A region. Lipscomb is going to move up to 4A in two years so the chances of them switching over the PC's region is out of the question as well.

Pearl Cohn's coach is using his head in this decision. NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS ONE!!!!!

He is electing to stay in a 3A region that will likely look as follows:

Pearl Cohn

Cheatham Co.

White House

East Robertson

Greenbrier

Macon Co.

DeKalb Co.

The other 3A region in the midstate will likely go something like this:

Montgomery Central

Fairview

Stewart Co.

Giles Co.

Marshall Co.

Spring Hill

Page

This is not absolutely a fact as of yet but it's about as close as it gets.

In the current Region 4-3A I look for Sycamore & Station Camp to both bump up. Sycamore will go to 4A and Station Camp will bump all the way up to 5A because they want to play in the same region as Gallatin & Hendersonville.

In the current Region 5-3A I look for David Lipscomb & Creek Wood to both bump up. Creek Wood will move to the region with all of the Clarksville Schools (Clarksville, Kenwood, Northwest, Rossview, etc.). David Lipscomb will bump and move into Region 5-4A with the Metro/Nashville Schools (Hillsboro, Stratford, Maplewood, & Whites Creek included).

I hope SC follows suit. I would much rather move up to 3a myself. I just wish we could have the same region we had a few years ago in 3a. Those games were fun to watch.