Ensworth vs. McCallie

tigerfan55

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ensworth may have the best coaching staff in Tennessee and they will win big in a few years but they are not ready to do that today. At the present time they probably don't have enough athletes to win against any of the Super 7 teams. If McCallie makes mistakes or is not ready to play, Ensworth will win the game but they will need some help.

Without having seen Ensworth play, it's hard to make any educated predictions. I will certainly look forward to watching them play McCallie. My guess is that McCallie beats them handily. Ensworth has not played ANYONE this year. Sorry, but it's true. Wins against CPA & Knoxville Webb do not mean anything. It sounds like Ensworth running game has had incredible success thus far. But I've heard that their O-Line is small and I'm sure will struggle to open up holes against McCallie's tough defense.

Without having seen Ensworth play, it's hard to make any educated predictions. I will certainly look forward to watching them play McCallie. My guess is that McCallie beats them handily. Ensworth has not played ANYONE this year. Sorry, but it's true. Wins against CPA & Knoxville Webb do not mean anything. It sounds like Ensworth running game has had incredible success thus far. But I've heard that their O-Line is small and I'm sure will struggle to open up holes against McCallie's tough defense.

well i would call webb a pretty good team consitering they won state last year and still have their running backs and ensworth doubled their points so, you cant really say ensworth is bad if they beat last years state champions. Ensworths line is no small than most o-lines. Alot of people dont know mcuh about ensworth and just think that it is a new school so they must be bad. But that is not the case, ensworth has talent and one of the best running combinations you will see with T. Jefferson and Orleans Opoku-Darkwa....dont look for a blow out by either team, this will be a close game

Ensworth may have the best coaching staff in Tennessee and they will win big in a few years but they are not ready to do that today. At the present time they probably don't have enough athletes to win against any of the Super 7 teams. If McCallie makes mistakes or is not ready to play, Ensworth will win the game but they will need some help.

That is exactly my opinion. I haven't seen Ensworth play this year, so this is good old fashioned message board speculation. They are a ticking time bomb for the future as everyone has known since they hired Ricky Bowers and put a shovel in the ground. However, in my opinion they are going to need some big turn overs to beat Super 7 teams this year.

Let me explain something about Knox Webb. They won the AA state title last year. But Ensworth is essentially playing in what was last years Div. II-AAA. It's been re-organized this year so there is only A & AA. Therefore, beating last years Div. II-AA state champ does not mean much. For example, BGA (who has been absolutely awful in past years) absolutely killed Davidson (2-time defending state champs for Div. II-A) earlier this season. I think it was like 40-0. There is a big difference between the classifications in Div. II.

When Ensworth beats one of the big boys (McCallie, Baylor, Father Ryan, MBA, MUS, BA) then people can start talking.

Holy Cow! I am just happy that a fan other than an Irish fan has finally begun adding Father Ryan in a sentence as one of "The Big Boys" with MBA and BA. But I do agree with several of you. Ensworth is well coached and will be a force to reckon with either this year or next, but Webb is not currently in the same league with "The Big Boys". Ryan will beat Webb by 3-4 touchdowns in 2 weeks.

Ole Dad

Let me explain something about Knox Webb. They won the AA state title last year. But Ensworth is essentially playing in what was last years Div. II-AAA. It's been re-organized this year so there is only A & AA. Therefore, beating last years Div. II-AA state champ does not mean much. For example, BGA (who has been absolutely awful in past years) absolutely killed Davidson (2-time defending state champs for Div. II-A) earlier this season. I think it was like 40-0. There is a big difference between the classifications in Div. II.

When Ensworth beats one of the big boys (McCallie, Baylor, Father Ryan, MBA, MUS, BA) then people can start talking.