Ensworth vs. McCallie

tigerfan55

Holy Cow! I am just happy that a fan other than an Irish fan has finally begun adding Father Ryan in a sentence as one of "The Big Boys" with MBA and BA. But I do agree with several of you. Ensworth is well coached and will be a force to reckon with either this year or next, but Webb is not currently in the same league with "The Big Boys". Ryan will beat Webb by 3-4 touchdowns in 2 weeks.

Ole Dad

It's no longer about opinion Old Dad. The Irish have won their way to "Big Boydom" .

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webb is not the same team it has been for the past 2 years. They have 3 players that are good...their 2 backs and one lineman and they are severly lacking everywhere else. Not to mention one of their best players got kicked out of school and is now starting at McCallie, Joseph Ayres. Webb lost 25 players that contributed to their teams sucess over the past 2 years and now only have 7 seniors. That should not take anything away from ensworth. Their running backs are some of the most talented runners in the state. In a few years they will be the best team in the entire state. McCallie should win but ensworth has some extremely talented running backs.

...In a few years they will be the best team in the entire state.

Are you saying Webb or Ensworth will be the best team in the entire state? You're right, Ensworth's backs were really good. They were very quick, ran hard and had terrific spin moves. I don't believe Webb will see a stable of backs like that the rest of the year.

Ensworth has proven itself against teams like Knoxville Webb and CPA. How will they do against the likes of McCallie

Ensworth's Schedule

Christ Presbyterian Academy ---- Cpa? (35-28) wow. Joke. Might as well play FRA Bowers

St. Benedict at Auburndale ---- Going strong at 0-4. Joke. Terrible team.

Stone Memorial ---- WHO???? Joke. Seriously who is this "team" haha.

@Webb (Knoxville, TN) ---- 6 seniors? Webb is rebuilding and is not a good team

McCallie ---- 3-2 record. McCallie is down but Ensworth is too weak and small for us

@Montgomery Bell Academy ---- Howd that Hillsboro scrimmage go Ensworth? MBA 17- Hillsboro 12

@Pope John Paul II ---- Worst team in the state. 0-5

Father Ryan ---- Father Ryan is back and is ready for this BEAT down!

@Warren County ---- Lost 0-40 to Coffee County Central...Yeah id call this a JOKE

Battle Ground Academy ---- BGA is finally winning... but then again it is BGA.

Ensworth's Schedule

Christ Presbyterian Academy ---- Cpa? (35-28) wow. Joke. Might as well play FRA Bowers

St. Benedict at Auburndale ---- Going strong at 0-4. Joke. Terrible team.

Stone Memorial ---- WHO???? Joke. Seriously who is this "team" haha.

@Webb (Knoxville, TN) ---- 6 seniors? Webb is rebuilding and is not a good team

McCallie ---- 2-2 record. McCallie is down but Ensworth is too weak and small for us

@Montgomery Bell Academy ---- Howd that Hillsboro scrimmage go Ensworth? MBA 17- Hillsboro 12

@Pope John Paul II ---- Worst team in the state. 0-5

Father Ryan ---- Father Ryan is back and is ready for this BEAT down!

@Warren County ---- Lost 0-40 to Coffee County Central...Yeah id call this a JOKE

Battle Ground Academy ---- BGA is finally winning... but then again it is BGA.

Thanks for breaking down their schedule. That was very helpful. I know that Bowers is a good coach. He had great success at MBA and I'm sure they consistantly played against tough competition. But Ensworth's schedule this season is an absolute joke. Their out of conference schedule is pathetic. The next two games will be a wake up call as they get beat solid by McCallie and blown out by MBA.

Let me explain something about Knox Webb. They won the AA state title last year. But Ensworth is essentially playing in what was last years Div. II-AAA. It's been re-organized this year so there is only A & AA. Therefore, beating last years Div. II-AA state champ does not mean much. For example, BGA (who has been absolutely awful in past years) absolutely killed Davidson (2-time defending state champs for Div. II-A) earlier this season. I think it was like 40-0. There is a big difference between the classifications in Div. II.

When Ensworth beats one of the big boys (McCallie, Baylor, Father Ryan, MBA, MUS, BA) then people can start talking.

alright i see what your saying, i just knew they were state champs last year and heard they were to be a good team, my mistake

Ensworth's Schedule

McCallie ---- 3-2 record. McCallie is down but Ensworth is too weak and small for us

You are obviously just on the McCallie ban Waggon and saying Ensworth is no good cause you want your team to win which is fine but not fair. You can not say a thing about a scrimmage, there is no preperation and all you are doing is trying to work on a few things. You are not running your whole playbook. Knowing Ricky Bowers, im sure he wouldnt try to give out some big plays and what is supposed to be good when it is just a scrimmage. I expect him to just run some up the middle and options and then basic passing routes. You cant say a thing about a scrimmage.

And the only reason you say Ensworth is weak and small is because they are a new school so everybody expects them to do bad. they have size, it is just a matter of maturity, i think.

Overal i can easily seeing McCallie wining this game but Coach Bowers and PAck and their staff will be well prepared for this game, and dont expect anything less. Ensworth is going to bring the hat and really could catch McCallie of guard if McCallie looks past this game cause Ensworth is a good football team.

I say Ensworth by 1 td - will be a GREAT game to watch.....but going all out this game for ensworth could really set them up for a big hurting vs MBA cause ensworth could end with some bumps and bruses in this game

I say Ensworth by 1 td - will be a GREAT game to watch.....but going all out this game for ensworth could really set them up for a big hurting vs MBA cause ensworth could end with some bumps and bruses in this game

What are you talking about? You go all out every game. There is no off weeks especially when playing an old super 7 team. Yes, it will be ugly against MBA but not from being bruised by McCallie. It will be ugly from getting completely dominated.

there is some major doubting from the people on this thread. Ensworths schedule is not a tough this year but what would you expect a start up school would do, go out and load up their schedule the first year of competative ball. Its going to be a very tough game for Ensworth but i wouldnt count that team out cause Bowers never concedes to another team and im sure he is planing for a win. I dont know much about either team but i know bowers will have his boys ready to play. WHile the teams that Ehs has played have not been great, they have beaten them pretty handily and if they win friday i wonder if people will still say the game means nothing cause Mccalie is having a bad year.

there is some major doubting from the people on this thread. Ensworths schedule is not a tough this year but what would you expect a start up school would do, go out and load up their schedule the first year of competative ball. Its going to be a very tough game for Ensworth but i wouldnt count that team out cause Bowers never concedes to another team and im sure he is planing for a win. I dont know much about either team but i know bowers will have his boys ready to play. WHile the teams that Ehs has played have not been great, they have beaten them pretty handily and if they win friday i wonder if people will still say the game means nothing cause Mccalie is having a bad year.

No, the teams left on there schedule will say Uh Oh.

Boy, am I tired about hearing the term "Super Seven" like it is some 1950s college fraternity. In the 22 years I have lived in Nashville, it seems that it has mostly been the "MBA/BA Super Two" anyway (I may well be wrong about his, so apologize ahead of time). Ensworth is the smallest Division II AA School and will play the full schedule next year. A big win over CPA (a very good team), and games against MBA, McCallie, Father Ryan, Webb, JPII and BGA show me that they are not really ducking anyone in 2007. They have some real skill and speed, and fast defensive backs. Certainly size and depth are an issue with only 200 boys on campus, but we shall see. So, they have some tough games coming up, and they may win . . . they may lose (many thought Webb would win last week), but please don't feel offended that EHS has the temerity to actually want to play schools like MBA, McCallie, and others and actually jump in the sacred Super Seven sandbox with them.