South Carolina - Westside vs. Brentwood Academy

USA1

I dont think RamsRule is going to be heard from...that's too bad. I would be very interested to hear his thoughts on the game! That is going to be a long 6hr drive home. BA continues to wear teams down in the second half. Great job from both teams.

Did anyone else notice that Westside ran out onto the field screaming during the prayer and National Anthem? Who gave those guys the signal it was time to run out??

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go BA!

Saw some of the game in person and some online.

Complete domination on the defensive side of the ball. Westside had no answer for that BA front!

That is one of the best defensive performances I have seen against a team with good talent.

Congrats on a big win!!!

I dont think RamsRule is going to be heard from...that's too bad. I would be very interested to hear his thoughts on the game! That is going to be a long 6hr drive home. BA continues to wear teams down in the second half. Great job from both teams.

Did anyone else notice that Westside ran out onto the field screaming during the prayer and National Anthem? Who gave those guys the signal it was time to run out??

Not sure what happened on the timing of Westside running onto the field, but I'm sure it was just a miscommunication. It kind of took the steam out of their "big entrance" . . . They ran out and everyone had their heads bowed . . . /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

What's new???????? When was the last time one of the big D1 schools played a very good out of state team? It's not going to happen!

South Carolina Footbal 07' Rankings as of 9/24/2007

1. Byrnes (Duncan, SC)

2. Westside (Anderson, SC)

3. South Pointe (Rock Hil...

4. Fort Dorchester (North...

5. Dorman (Roebuck, SC)

6. Summerville (SC)

7. Clinton (SC)

8. Goose Creek (SC)

9. Sumter (SC)

10. Myrtle Beach (SC)

National Rankings | State Rankings | About unapproved website Rankings

apparently unapproved website thinks Westside is pretty good

Westside senior running back Montez Hatten had a season-low 33 rushing yards on 16 carries as he struggled to find any running lanes. Hatten entered the game averaging 173 yards per game. His longest run — 24 yards — was the only carry that went for more than 3 yards, and he was stopped for no gain or negative yardage seven times.

Anderson, SC Sunday morning newspaper......

If this is the case, if you back out Hatten's 24 yard run from the 33 yards he gained, his remaining total was 15 carries for 9 yards........which is .6 yards a carry..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Last year, he ran for over 1,800 yards. He is a 4 year starter, and had over 3,500 yards coming into his senior season. Westside was a 5-0 large school classification team in SC that was ranked #2. Is BA's defense that good, or is the competition in SC that weak? I have heard for years that SC high school FB is really strong.....

The freshman RB, Jeremiah Bryson at Smyrna , gave BA much more fits than Matten.

We didn't have our best day. It may have been the long trip. Brentwood was better than I thought. I am right more than I am wrong. Simple as that.

We didn't have our best day. It may have been the long trip. Brentwood was better than I thought. I am right more than I am wrong. Simple as that.

Just exactly where were you right? This is going to be a good one.......wait, I know.....the Westside varsity FB team's bus broke down, and they never made it to the game. BA played the Westside freshmen and JV. The Matten we saw was actually his cousin...not the same RB...they just shared last names.....Come on, just realize that one of the smallest schools in classification in the state of little ole' TN could dominate your big school SC team. BA has actually gone to Alaska, OH, MS, KY and AL among other states in years past to play their big school state champions, and fatigue, time change, whatever did not keep them from a win. Westside would be maybe a 1st or 2nd round DI team in TN. Wait.....maybe little ole TN has some pretty good HS football teams....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

yea you were dead wrong. Westsed got rocked. The first half looked like an even match up and then BA's d- line ate your qb who was not very good in the first place. Just admit when your wrong.

Right more than wrong??? You guys got blanked! Not a single point! Not taking anything away from Westside b/c they were a good team but lets look at the facts here. I have no problem when someone supports their team but they were some strong statements made before the game. I am sure the team really appreciates all of that now. Best of luck to Westside the rest of the year.