Oak Ridge vs. Clinton

boyfromsi

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT is F R I D A Y N I G H T F O O T B A L L!

Great weather, Great Fans, Great Rivalry. ....and for the fans this is at the 'Ship. Plenty of room.

Wonder which offense Coach Stanton will use tonight? Running, Passing, combination, something new?

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know if it will get ugly. Clinton may get beat, but I see a much improved Clinton team. Clinton can put some points up and do it quickly. Question is can Clinton stop OR? I don't see a blowout.

I agree that Clinton is improved, but keep in mind what happened for the Dragons last week. They hit rock bottom at halftime, and stunned everyone by coming back to win against SD. Emotional hangovers exist even in high school sports, and I think it will have an effect on Clinton (even though it doesn't really matter in this game).

#2 in 5A? What a joke! Typical OR fans acted like they just won the state championship! You just sqeeked by a 4A program that has won 5 ball games in 5 years. You will never win a state championship with Stevens. I have never seen a so called "state championship contender" look so bad. How many penalties did OR have? Clinton had the ball inside the redzone 3 times and couldn't convert, thats the tell of the game. Don't be fooled by the 35-21 score, it was 28-21 late with Clinton driving. I sat here and read the posts from the arrogant OR fans All week, we'll win by 5 touchdowns! Somehow, I managed to keep from responding while all the OR fans ran their mouths. Yea, you won, but really, barely beating Clinton? Good luck against WB, Oothelwa, Farragut, and McMinn Co, your going to need it. By the way, what a great example Stevens sets as the head coach, almost starting a riot after the game is over. OR is what it is, a classless program that will always run the score up when they can and losing all composure when things aren't going their way. By the way, all of our skill players are sophomores, we should have fun next year.

#2 in 5A? What a joke! Typical OR fans acted like they just won the state championship! You just sqeeked by a 4A program that has won 5 ball games in 5 years. You will never win a state championship with Stevens. I have never seen a so called "state championship contender" look so bad. How many penalties did OR have? Clinton had the ball inside the redzone 3 times and couldn't convert, thats the tell of the game. Don't be fooled by the 35-21 score, it was 28-21 late with Clinton driving. I sat here and read the posts from the arrogant OR fans All week, we'll win by 5 touchdowns! Somehow, I managed to keep from responding while all the OR fans ran their mouths. Yea, you won, but really, barely beating Clinton? Good luck against WB, Oothelwa, Farragut, and McMinn Co, your going to need it. By the way, what a great example Stevens sets as the head coach, almost starting a riot after the game is over. OR is what it is, a classless program that will always run the score up when they can and losing all composure when things aren't going their way. By the way, all of our skill players are sophomores, we should have fun next year.

Where are the OR fans acting like they won a state championship? I'm sure there are some younger ones that were excited to win and showed it. But where I was sitting and listening to people walking out (not celebrating on the field), most everyone was embarrassed by the Cats performance. Yes, they will need to perform better against the other teams mentioned. Clinton's past performances and record earned them the "lose by 5 TDs predictions". Last night, they played and earned the right to be taken seriously.

Clinton played well last night and our hats off to them but I didn't see the state champion celebration either. I believe you are wrong about losing composure when things weren't going their way too. With three minutes and no timeouts left Oak Ridge fell behind and could have folded. Oak Ridge was very composed when they had to be taking the lead back in less than 30 seconds. That was composure. Good Luck to Clinton the rest of the way and I hope that 50jumper doesn't remain so bitter.Its not good for his health.

Stevens was a classless act almost starting a fight cause some clinton fans wanted to congrat, there players on a great showing. Grabbing the kids and telling them to get the f- off the field, as I watched him get up in another clinton coaches face and push him.. it was depressing to see him show his hind parts. Clinton shall have a great season if they play like they played tonight. They just need to convert on there key plays. Personally I have always had respect for OR being the talented team they are, but it seems stevens relys on his athletes more than his coaching. Atheletes can only get you so far in 5A football. They won't make it out of the 2nd round of play offs, if they even get in.. but yet again, congrats to OR on the come from behind. Already anxioius about next years game.

Stevens was a classless act almost starting a fight cause some clinton fans wanted to congrat, there players on a great showing. Grabbing the kids and telling them to get the f- off the field, as I watched him get up in another clinton coaches face and push him.. it was depressing to see him show his hind parts. Clinton shall have a great season if they play like they played tonight. They just need to convert on there key plays. Personally I have always had respect for OR being the talented team they are, but it seems stevens relys on his athletes more than his coaching. Atheletes can only get you so far in 5A football. They won't make it out of the 2nd round of play offs, if they even get in.. but yet again, congrats to OR on the come from behind. Already anxioius about next years game.

As a Clinton Alumni, that was on the field at the end of the game, I have to disagree with your comments. Protecting your home turf from senseless vandilism was a number one priority last night. When you have a coach/asst. coach tell team members and fans to "go for the goal post" it shows nothing more that ignorance and immaturity in there position. What were we teaching our young men or right and wrong?

Then after that, I was able to hear the speech during the huddle from Coach Shattuck; I was not happy at all with what I heard come from the from Andy Shattucks mouth during there huddle after the game. Clinton should not have any shame in how they played the game. This was the best I have seen them play in several years and was very proud as Alumni of what they brought to the field. What I was disappointed in was the lack of unsportsmen like conduct after the game. If there was a flag to be thrown, it would have been thrown on Clinton at that time. When we teach our young men that it's ok to be disrespectful to there teachers and elders where will they go next this that disrespect? I also was on the field and heard Coach Stevens say that they needed to get off the field, but the version of the story that you have typed is not what I saw. What I saw was a coach trying to stop a student from doing a immature senseless act. But, after that what I saw was the immaturity of a coach from Clinton in the way he reacted. What the Asst. Coach should have done was backed up Coach Stevens in stopping that student. Unfortunately, all that was taught was that it is all right to be disrespectful and not obey school officals.

If this type of behavior what will cause this student one day to be a statistic like to many others. After 4 years involvement with the Oak Ridge program, this year they have implemented a program that I am proud to see. It is called the "Total Package". The focus is on athletics, academics and personal development, with a lot of emphasis on integrity and not being a "Vic" or "Pac Man". Each week they bring in respected ex coach's and players from the area to speak. As in Jacky Pope, John Brown (ex USFL player), and Ronnie Franklin (ex- UT coach). So far, each one has talked what really matters.... making the right decisions, choosing the right friends, doing your job, etc...

With that in mind I want to go back and challenge Andy Shattucks and his team. Are you challenging your players and students the same way? What person in there own home won't defend there own house? So with that comment in mind, I disagree totally with what your comments were to

I have never heard an Oak Ridge Coach tell any player to go for the goal post when we have to play at Clinton as I I heard last night. So how can you build my pride in the Clinton Dragon program back? The only thing I have ever heard from the Oak Ridge Coach Stevens was: if you plan on being disrespectful or being stupid to Clinton TURN IN YOUR HELMET AND SHOULDER PADS NOW AND GET OFF THIS TEAM! This was also said to our team 2 years ago when WE were vandilized. I could say more but now the challenge is on your shoulders.

Teresa Prewitt

Class of 1980

As a Clinton Alumni, that was on the field at the end of the game, I have to disagree with your comments. Protecting your home turf from senseless vandilism was a number one priority last night. When you have a coach/asst. coach tell team members and fans to "go for the goal post" it shows nothing more that ignorance and immaturity in there position. What were we teaching our young men or right and wrong?

Then after that, I was able to hear the speech during the huddle from Coach Shattuck; I was not happy at all with what I heard come from the from Andy Shattucks mouth during there huddle after the game. Clinton should not have any shame in how they played the game. This was the best I have seen them play in several years and was very proud as Alumni of what they brought to the field. What I was disappointed in was the lack of unsportsmen like conduct after the game. If there was a flag to be thrown, it would have been thrown on Clinton at that time. When we teach our young men that it's ok to be disrespectful to there teachers and elders where will they go next this that disrespect? I also was on the field and heard Coach Stevens say that they needed to get off the field, but the version of the story that you have typed is not what I saw. What I saw was a coach trying to stop a student from doing a immature senseless act. But, after that what I saw was the immaturity of a coach from Clinton in the way he reacted. What the Asst. Coach should have done was backed up Coach Stevens in stopping that student. Unfortunately, all that was taught was that it is all right to be disrespectful and not obey school officals.

If this type of behavior what will cause this student one day to be a statistic like to many others. After 4 years involvement with the Oak Ridge program, this year they have implemented a program that I am proud to see. It is called the "Total Package". The focus is on athletics, academics and personal development, with a lot of emphasis on integrity and not being a "Vic" or "Pac Man". Each week they bring in respected ex coach's and players from the area to speak. As in Jacky Pope, John Brown (ex USFL player), and Ronnie Franklin (ex- UT coach). So far, each one has talked what really matters.... making the right decisions, choosing the right friends, doing your job, etc...

With that in mind I want to go back and challenge Andy Shattucks and his team. Are you challenging your players and students the same way? What person in there own home won't defend there own house? So with that comment in mind, I disagree totally with what your comments were to

I have never heard an Oak Ridge Coach tell any player to go for the goal post when we have to play at Clinton as I I heard last night. So how can you build my pride in the Clinton Dragon program back? The only thing I have ever heard from the Oak Ridge Coach Stevens was: if you plan on being disrespectful or being stupid to Clinton TURN IN YOUR HELMET AND SHOULDER PADS NOW AND GET OFF THIS TEAM! This was also said to our team 2 years ago when WE were vandilized. I could say more but now the challenge is on your shoulders.

Teresa Prewitt

Class of 1980

I am interested to know what Shattuck was saying?? How can you expect them to teach any different? That's how the coaches act and they are supposed to be Adults and teachers!!...they think it's okay for their Off. Coord. to cuss the kids out on a daily basis..not to mention the other off the field influence that he shows...and the Head Coach and AD just put up with all of this...they are not taking the best interest of these kids into consideration...You will have to explain the word INTEGRITY to the Clinton Head Coach and AD....they do not know what that word means...who cares if you almost win a game if you are going to act like thugs afterwards....