Rankings Week 6

mjuhb

we couldn't finish thats why columbia beat us

anyways shelbyville is beating columbia 3-0 at the half

shelbyville is winning 5-2 over columbia

so shelbyville wins 8-AAA and tullahoma vs shelbyville on thursday night will be played for pride

hopefully the girls will remember to show passion thursday night and the seniors will show leadership and not shelfish play like they did against columbia

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alcoa - 6

loudon - 1

if anyone cares, we didn't play well and won. Just thought I would keep the trend going on this thread. You can play bad and win or lose. You also can play great and win or lose. It is the reason we play the games, and opinions don't get you much at the end of the day. Especially with High School athletes. good luck to all.

With a handle like Vandy , you know you care more about spelling than sports. On the other hand my school, ETSU doesn't care about spelling or sports or winning /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Are people with the name Vandy even allowed to post on a sports board? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

i don't really see what kind of fan can come on the boards with the whole "woulda coulda shoulda" routine. Ooltewah got beat friday night came out played well against BA and didn't? what can you say about that? what can any team say about their losses. obviously there's things to do better when you lose but that doesn't mean you SHOULD have won the game. if you should have won you WOULD have. OHS is a good team no one discredits that...but i don't understand how you can say they SHOULD or COULD have done anything and your very very right that is why they play the game out and come october the game against siegel doesn't count for much. if they win the ones that count it's all good.

i kinda agree here....ive always said that if you can score more goals than the opponent..you will win the game...if you dont, then you will lose....thats all there is to it...everyone has there injuries, and bad calls....just score more goals and you dont have to worry about it.....Also looks like Segal is on a roll..there a good team.....kym conrad must be playing forward or something as of late....conrad go back to defense...you know you love it there...

I missed the Friday night game against Siegel, but from what I've heard from the girls, my wife and the other OHS parents I have to agree with RAFN, that Ooltewah came out flat and had a difficult time getting themselves going.

The only real reason I've heard for how the OHS girls played was that due to a freaky screw up they didn't get the girls fed that afternoon till 25 minutes or so before they were supposed to be on the field warming up. What can you do? Stuff happens! I can't speak for Siegel's play but they obviously had the skills, put in the effort, made the plays they needed to and deserved the win.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It's interesting to see that last couple of comments regarding Ooltewah. I will say this.

One: yes Ooltewah was very flat against siegel.

Two: Information above is inaccurate regarding the meal before the game. Yes, the team did finish eating later than they anticipated, but it was not 25 minutes before they were suppossed to take the field. (and by "they didn't get the girls..." I can only assume you mean the coaches, and the complications that OHS had getting up to the game was out of the coaches hands).

i don't really see what kind of fan can come on the boards with the whole "woulda coulda shoulda" routine. Ooltewah got beat friday night came out played well against BA and didn't? what can you say about that? what can any team say about their losses. obviously there's things to do better when you lose but that doesn't mean you SHOULD have won the game. if you should have won you WOULD have. OHS is a good team no one discredits that...but i don't understand how you can say they SHOULD or COULD have done anything and your very very right that is why they play the game out and come october the game against siegel doesn't count for much. if they win the ones that count it's all good.

good points, particuliarly about October.

I think that one thing that clouds all (or almost all) our judgments when we follow one team in particular is that we generally know what they are capable of doing, so we know if they are "flat" or "off" on any given night. In most cases, however, we don't have that same big picture for our opponents, and whether or not they were "flat" or "off" or even if a key player was missing. So we generally assume that what they brought to the field that night is as good as it gets. While it will never happen in most cases, it might take you playing the same team multiple times to see if you consistently lose to them or if you split wins. Also, a team with a lot of underclassmen playing key rolls might not gel early in the season, but might come together later in the season.

oops, sorry siegelplayer. Typing too fast.

DonC - I agree with your observation in part. I believe that most coaches, though, are in the habit of having more than a couple of conversations with the oppossing coach before and after the match. At the very least, I talk with other coaches who have just played the team we are about to face. On the whole, though, I find that coaches will share with me how their team is playing lately, who is injured, etc, etc. And at tourneys, I simply watch them play and ask other coaches.

Teams that are not in our immediate area our a little more challenging as far as getting information about them. However, its not too difficult to find out what you need and want to know (how they are playing, who is injured, are they a little flat right now or are they hot, etc) about teams in the area. I enjoy doing it...as I see it, it's part of my job, part of my homework. Random example, do I know why Hendersonville (trasditionally quite strong and who was in the state semi-finals last year) looks to be down this year? No. But a call to Russ, or to Gallatin for that matter, will help to answer any questions I might have.