Milan @ USJ - Thursday Night Football

Bulldog Fan #2

As for officiating, I thought they did a pretty good job. I once umpired baseball and there is no way you can get every call correct, it's not possible. You can only strive for perfection. But the one call that really hasn't been talked about was one that I was upset that wasn't called on the field. It was on the interception that Hardegree threw on about the thirty or fourty yard line opposite of the scoreboard. The Milan defender who intercepted the ball was running it back towards the endzone, when (a lineman that was the last line of defense for Usj) was blatently blocked in the back, when the play was coming towards him. If the milan defender wasn't tackled right before that lineman was blocked in the back, then Milan would have had another td. Also I commend USJ on their positive attitudes and their sportsmanlike play. There were zero penalties against usj for any type of unsportsmanlike conduct, that goes back to the leadership on the team.

What part of the game was that? I remember the pick but can't recall when? I would like to look at it.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how you can really "commend" USJ for not getting unsportsmanlike penalties. That's like saying someone did a good job not breaking a law. It's not a good job. . .it's just doing what you're supposed to do.

This Milan-USJ game will become a (IMO) huge rivalry. This game means so much to both of these teams, one thing could have set off a player and he could have made the mistake to play dirty. Yea, your supposed to not have unsportsmanlike penalties, its just doing your job, but in this case with Milan I think it had to take a little more than "doing what your supposed to do."

What part of the game was that? I remember the pick but can't recall when? I would like to look at it.

To tell you the truth I cant remember. It was when USJ was going towards the scoreboard, and I think it was probably second half (but I could very easily be wrong). When I see the game film, if you don't see it before then, then ill tell you exactly when it was.

The arrogance of the Milan posters on this board (surely not the majority of Milan's fans) is amusing.

Win by 2 tds and whine about officiating. Whine

Cheat and get caught and whine.

Get transfers (Recruit) great football talent from the area and whine about private schools

Play your starters when the game is well under control and one gets hurt(on a clean play). Whine

Whine, Whine, Whine

Recruit? Thats funny. Speaking of which. I had always thought of privates recuiting as kind of an isolated event maybe a kid every so often but working with guys who attended and played for private schools in Jackson its amazing what really goes on. But oh well I guess thats why there's a multiplier. Now as for Milan recuiting. Please elaborate I'd love to hear. Now about the officiating. I was particulary upset with the D-ends being tackled every play. It doesn't matter if we lose or win by a hundred its still a holding and it's supposed to be called.

Recruit? Thats funny. Speaking of which. I had always thought of privates recuiting as kind of an isolated event maybe a kid every so often but working with guys who attended and played for private schools in Jackson its amazing what really goes on. But oh well I guess thats why there's a multiplier. Now as for Milan recuiting. Please elaborate I'd love to hear. Now about the officiating. I was particulary upset with the D-ends being tackled every play. It doesn't matter if we lose or win by a hundred its still a holding and it's supposed to be called.

Typical whine.

Why don't you elaborate on the privates in Jackson recruiting.

How is it Milan gets players from all over West Tenn.? I know they just move there. (People are going to send their kids to the schools that they think best fit their needs)

As you know, every play in football a flag can be thrown for holding. Peanalties not or being called is just part of the game. If you win or lose by hundred there is still going to be penalties that aren't called. It is part of the game.

There might be a holding every play but some you HAVE to call. Like when a D-end runs over his man and is grabbed by the tackle and pulled to the ground at the feet of the QB. You gotta flag that.

You're right Coach Morris hears about a good football player in other towns and makes an official visit before offering him a scholarship........If you live in our city limits you can goto school here thats how it works.

Would you really like me to elaborate? I'm just gonna get told there is another board for that and the private supporters would get all upset and you wouldn't believe me anyway. I know what I was told by kids who played for privates and its enough for me.

There might be a holding every play but some you HAVE to call. Like when a D-end runs over his man and is grabbed by the tackle and pulled to the ground at the feet of the QB. You gotta flag that.

You're right Coach Morris hears about a good football player in other towns and makes an official visit before offering him a scholarship........If you live in our city limits you can goto school here thats how it works.

Would you really like me to elaborate? I'm just gonna get told there is another board for that and the private supporters would get all upset and you wouldn't believe me anyway. I know what I was told by kids who played for privates and its enough for me.

Both teams in any game get alot of no calls. When you win you shouldn't complain. You shouldn't complain when you lose for that matter it is part of the game.

Start a thread on another board and elaborate. I would like to hear what you have to say.

The arrogance of the Milan posters on this board (surely not the majority of Milan's fans) is amusing.

Win by 2 tds and whine about officiating. Whine

Cheat and get caught and whine.

Get transfers (Recruit) great football talent from the area and whine about private schools

Play your starters when the game is well under control and one gets hurt(on a clean play). Whine

Whine, Whine, Whine

you're rightdude. i shouldn't be complaining about milan beating usj by 2 scores and i apologise for that. i wish MILAN WOULD HAVE BEAT usj BY 6 SCORES /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> as long as usj is in 2a with the likes of MILAN, westview, humboldt and peabody, they will always be bottom feeders. solution, quit recruiting and you'll get rid of the multiplier and go back to 1a. GO DAWGS!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

you're rightdude. i shouldn't be complaining about milan beating usj by 2 scores and i apologise for that. i wish MILAN WOULD HAVE BEAT usj BY 6 SCORES /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> as long as usj is in 2a with the likes of MILAN, westview, humboldt and peabody, they will always be bottom feeders. solution, quit recruiting and you'll get rid of the multiplier and go back to 1a. GO DAWGS!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually, USJ's current enrollment would put them in 2A without the multiplier.

Yes the milan special school district offers to pay 100% of football players tuition. Please someone tell me what 100% of $0 is. Sometimes very talented players play for terrible teams. Those players and their parents decide that they will never get recognition by colleges playing for terrible schools so they want to play for a school that has a good school system and good football tradition. i.e. Milan. This is how you get players moving to milan to play football.

I just think it's ironc that USJ is talking about Milan whining. Seems like I remember a lot of whining when USJ won 2 games in 2 years because they aren't good enough to play in 2a but got put there because of the multiplier.