Upperman at Smith Co.

BBEHIVE1

I think its funny that all of the sudden in the past 10 years Carthage has become a football mecca. It is as if everyone there suddenly has all this football knowledge. Granted, I am not speaking of your coaching staff, obviously, they have a head coach from Livingston Academy, oh yeah, they have a trophy, or does their ball not count either? I know I'll get slaughtered for "attacking" someone from Carthage. I just get tired of the belittling of everyone else's opinion by someone who's claim to fame is beating Gordonsville. Oh, and by the way, wasn't to impressed with your squad this year either. Yeah, you beat us, a bunch of kids who can't get their permit yet, but I wouldn't say you are a great barometer of what a good team looks like. Not sure there's one of those around this year.

It's okay bullet. I understand, nothing much to post about on those Trousdale County threads this year. Join in with everyone else in hating Smith County. Isn't it fun? It is a whole lot more fun knowing that there is a fraternity out there that loves to hate on SC and their fans.

Who said anything about SC being a barometer of what a good team is supposed to look like?

Football knowledge? I have none, period. But I like to act like I do like everyone else on this site.

Sorry to upset you Bullet, I will watch what I say from now on. I don't want you to attack me anymore. As a matter of fact, I am going to erase my "belittling" post.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its funny that all of the sudden in the past 10 years Carthage has become a football mecca. It is as if everyone there suddenly has all this football knowledge. Granted, I am not speaking of your coaching staff, obviously, they have a head coach from Livingston Academy, oh yeah, they have a trophy, or does their ball not count either? I know I'll get slaughtered for "attacking" someone from Carthage. I just get tired of the belittling of everyone else's opinion by someone who's claim to fame is beating Gordonsville. Oh, and by the way, wasn't to impressed with your squad this year either. Yeah, you beat us, a bunch of kids who can't get their permit yet, but I wouldn't say you are a great barometer of what a good team looks like. Not sure there's one of those around this year.

It's an opinion or a comment when anyone other than an Owl fan posts something. When an Owl fan posts something it's belittling. Your post was very courteous and respectful /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . I haven't been here but a few months but that's what I've picked up on so far. What's really funny is how THE MAJORITY of fans from all teams wish each other luck on these boards and a certain few have to sling mud. Anyway, what does your post have to do with the SCHS / UHS game?

Hold up there BB.....Mecca??? Not the mecca..........but check your facts before you pull the trigger there Bob.

Go back a little futher. Since 51 SC has had 9 coaches...3 with losing records. That would be 358 wins and 232 losses. (according to SC website)

Their record for the past 25 years 188 wins and 105 losses with 2 of those years being Rankins rebuilding years. His first year he didn't win a game. His 4th year they went to the semis. So, yes SC people know a little football. The coaching staff......some of the best. Maynord IS from LA......which, by the way, was beated ,in LA, by SC the year they won the gold ball. I think SC's claim to fame is........... they beat a lot of teams. "Yeah, you beat us"...probably not the first time you had to say that is it? I will lose sleep knowing that you weren't impressed with SCs squad. Ask whoever your team is or their coach......if they were impressed. See.........you get what you give....Most SC people give respect and expect it in return.

So...SC people "belittle" everyone else opinion", which you would never do.(I don't know what you would call this post) And because you know what a "barometer of a good team look like"....only your opinion counts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah...oh pointy one...I guess we should have left our starters in (like your coach does) for a couple of more scores the last two years. Maybe that would have impressed ya.

Antwan queenie and everybody else that knows me just wondering if you are coming out to the game this weekend when we roll into cookeville.

i would like to see ya play in cookeville oldsc7 especially with it being homecoming but i wont be able to make it. Good luck and keep representing SC the way you have been. kickoff is at 1:30 by the way.