Boyd Buchanan @ Bledsoe Co.

reaction

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace needs alot of work on there run defense..... Thats pretty much all LV does....

You seem to be close to the coaching staff and players, has the head coach taken over the defense for good or was that just for the other night? Or, did he just go out for a couple of time-outs on defense to try and get the boys fired up a little? I have stated before, it is sometimes hard to tell exactly what is going on from the stands, at least for me. Just curious, because for one of the first times (maybe the first time) all year late in the game after the head coach went out (the second time especially) the defense stepped up and made some plays. Granted on 3rd down when a first down would have sealed the win for Grace they rolled out at Thurman (bad play calling), but nevertheless... we stepped up and held them. Just wondering what is going on and what to expect this week.

You seem to be close to the coaching staff and players, has the head coach taken over the defense for good or was that just for the other night? Or, did he just go out for a couple of time-outs on defense to try and get the boys fired up a little? I have stated before, it is sometimes hard to tell exactly what is going on from the stands, at least for me. Just curious, because for one of the first times (maybe the first time) all year late in the game after the head coach went out (the second time especially) the defense stepped up and made some plays. Granted on 3rd down when a first down would have sealed the win for Grace they rolled out at Thurman (bad play calling), but nevertheless... we stepped up and held them. Just wondering what is going on and what to expect this week.

I think Coach Roberson went out to fire the boys up and they came through for him..... He did do some play calling on defense(I think) or at least it looked like it late in the 4th..... Thurman tore a muscle in his ankle towards the end of the 1st half but he told me he would be playing the rest of the season..... I hope the motivation carries over to this week and we have a good game against Boyd....

I think Coach Roberson went out to fire the boys up and they came through for him..... He did do some play calling on defense(I think) or at least it looked like it late in the 4th..... Thurman tore a muscle in his ankle towards the end of the 1st half but he told me he would be playing the rest of the season..... I hope the motivation carries over to this week and we have a good game against Boyd....

So does that mean the head coach has taken over the defense for good or do you or does anyone else know?

Whew! Friday night caused me to reach for the nitro to make sure that the heart kept working. What a great win for the team. I keep singing brighter days are coming soon and hehe some of my predictions are coming true. Now for the game last Friday; warrrior4ever you are right on the money with your talk about Grace. However, I wasn't too impressed with our defense in the 4th when we let them run it down our throats. But, as you have stated Mr Robertson did what a coach should do, he went out and told his players to buckle down and that is exactly what they did. It looks like the defense was looking for some leadership and he gave it to them. I also believe that he better put on his flack jacket for protection then rare back and keep control of the defense. He adjusted when it needed to be done and we got the win. Now for this week: nope you'll just have to wait

Good luck to the BC Warriors friday night. Keep it low scoring and you have a good chance of winning this game. BB is not a great team this year. This will probably turn out to be the best football game in the entire valley this friday.

Have you seen Boyd play this year and if so who did you see them against? Obviously, since I have been watching Bledsoe every Friday, I have only seen a few highlights on TV and know what I have read in the paper. That does not give an accurate picture of what a team is really like. Anyway, I hope to see a good ball game Friday and if our boys come out committed I believe we can get the win. However, if they play like they did until this past Friday it will get ugly.

I stand by my comment that what I had heard and read about Grace was inflated... they are just an average single A football team. No offense, but they are not special by any means. As far as running or passing on Boyd... if we bring to the field the same intensity that the boys showed in the second half Friday night, we will do either one. If we play like we have the rest of the season, it will be Boyd by 20-30 like everyone is predicting. We have some talent... no question. We have an average QB that can make plays when the ball is in his hands. We have some size up front with some talent to go along with it. We have a sophmore FB that runs hard and a very quick TB that hits the line good. He is not over powering and does not have that special break away speed, but hits the holes quick and runs hard. Then we have a TE that no one has stopped yet. I believe we can raise up and hit him 20 times a game and no one could do anything about it. They haven't yet. We just refuse to get him enough touches. Or at least that is what it looks like in the stands. I have been watching BCHS football for many, many years and I have heard that stuff before that we could not run on so and so. If we play hard nose, smash mouth, Warrior football... we can run on anyone. If we don't and we come out like we did against other teams... it will be a long night.

My opinion of the Bledsoe -Grace game was never in question. Grace has come a long way in a short time, but they are just a fair Single A team. I saw the Bledsoe -Sequatchie game. Bledsoe has a pretty good line (as usual) and I was very impressed with # 40. He runs the ball as hard as anyone I've seen this year. He wears a brace on his knee, which makes me think he probably has torn an ACL or MCL in the past. He sure looked good and runs without fear. We have had our fair share of those injuries. I was suprised that Bledsoe only has about 30 players this year. Your numbers are way down, which is sad to see. I think the Warriors will be motivated after a win and have a spring in their step. The BUCS gave Red Bank all they wanted. The score was not a true reflection of the game. I'm pretty sure Coach Reynolds has the team focused on the Region games, so I doubt we are overlooking you this week. If we do, it would be a big mistake on our part. Hope everyone playes hard and stays healthy. Good luck to both teams...but especially my BUCS.

BUCS 34

Warriors 0