East Ridge vs. McMinn Central

charger8

I was at the same game and I don't remember Coach D putting in alot of reserves unless it was in the final minutes of the fourth, he played all of his starters during the third quarter. Listening to him on the radio will make you want to throw up talking about how sick it is that they have that much talent and how good they are. I will tell you where you need to improve and thats discipline, this will be MC's demise. I promise Grundy will be alot better than ER. ER was very small on the O-line and could not block period. As for beating Polk we will see but you had better concentrate on Grundy and Howard and Polk had better concentrate on Howard.

He did mix and match in the third and first of the fourth. The last minutes were not the starters.

As far as making you throw up, that is pretty harsh. Most coaches do praise their players on their talent and how happy they are with their play, as they should.

Disipline- Most football teams have their problems. Young kids playing hard, tempers will flare, it is football. Come on I saw jawing from ER, even one of the MC players got slapped up side the head, and oh yeah he kept his cool. To say that discipline is a problem, I am not sure. All teams deal with a hot head from time to time.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did mix and match in the third and first of the fourth. The last minutes were not the starters.

As far as making you throw up, that is pretty harsh. Most coaches do praise their players on their talent and how happy they are with their play, as they should.

Disipline- Most football teams have their problems. Young kids playing hard, tempers will flare, it is football. Come on I saw jawing from ER, even one of the MC players got slapped up side the head, and oh yeah he kept his cool. To say that discipline is a problem, I am not sure. All teams deal with a hot head from time to time.

I disagree a good coach will be humble and not get on the radio and tell everyone how ridiculous it is that his team has so much talent and that they are great. As for discipline I can assure you that the MC player that threw his helmet and shoulder pads while walking off the field after being ejected at the jamboree would have been finished as well as the upper classmen that choked a freshman last week in practice until he passed out. From my knowledge these two never missed a game. I can promise you if I was a parent of the freshmen all heck would of broke loose in Englewood if something was not done. However as long as your winning nothing else matters according to some of the fans.

I was at the same game and I don't remember Coach D putting in alot of reserves unless it was in the final minutes of the fourth, he played all of his starters during the third quarter. Listening to him on the radio will make you want to throw up talking about how sick it is that they have that much talent and how good they are. I will tell you where you need to improve and thats discipline, this will be MC's demise. I promise Grundy will be alot better than ER. ER was very small on the O-line and could not block period. As for beating Polk we will see but you had better concentrate on Grundy and Howard and Polk had better concentrate on Howard.

Early in the third, Central was already on Running back number 5, all line positions and recievers were interchanged two deep along with def backs and D line. The only positions NOT subbed early in the third were QB and LB's. It is obvious you don't know Central's personel very well. I also thought they handled discipline on the field very well considering how many personal fouls E R drew for their actions. Face it, Central is growing more confident each week and more disciplined, also only one 10 yd penalty this week, how can you be more disciplined?!!

I disagree a good coach will be humble and not get on the radio and tell everyone how ridiculous it is that his team has so much talent and that they are great. As for discipline I can assure you that the MC player that threw his helmet and shoulder pads while walking off the field after being ejected at the jamboree would have been finished as well as the upper classmen that choked a freshman last week in practice until he passed out. From my knowledge these two never missed a game. I can promise you if I was a parent of the freshmen all heck would of broke loose in Englewood if something was not done. However as long as your winning nothing else matters according to some of the fans.

Well as for the player that was ejected at the jamboree, he did not play in the first three games. I have not heard of about the choking incident. What fans are you referring too? I would not condone any of these incidents.

As far as praising his talent, why not? They have got the crap kicked out of them for the last five or six years. Those kids that heard his praise on the radio, that is what it is about. Everybody wants to be praised for their efforts, even if it is spiced up a bit. I don't mind that at all, I think coaches need to do more of that.

The ejected player at the jamboree was held out the first 3 games. So would you have kicked off the team for losing his temper?.....the "choking" incident is just kids being kids, It was never really an incident at all. I'm just curious who gets tiny pieces of info and blows it up, way out of porportion thens comes on here posting it like it's the hot off the AP newswire...I think Derrick has plenty of disciple and has the program headed in the right direction. I know for a fact, he is one of the few coaches that even look at his athletes grades and has spoken with teachers about where they are at academically.

derrick is telling the truth when he talks his teams talent up. he is just stating facts. central has done a great job this year of getting over the hump, and wins will continue to pile up, but if the chargers don't fix all the turnovers, they will have a very tough time beating polk and howard. you could throw grundy in there as well....derrick will have his team ready to play and they will take care of the football. coach derrick is the best up and coming coach in the region and you could argue the area. GO CHARGERS

derrick is telling the truth when he talks his teams talent up. he is just stating facts. central has done a great job this year of getting over the hump, and wins will continue to pile up, but if the chargers don't fix all the turnovers, they will have a very tough time beating polk and howard. you could throw grundy in there as well....derrick will have his team ready to play and they will take care of the football. coach derrick is the best up and coming coach in the region and you could argue the area. GO CHARGERS

Check my score post earlier in this thread,smokey. I really thought MC would score more than that,but I see by the posts they stopped themselves more than anything. You are correct,MC is loaded with talent and I commend coach Derrick on the job he has done so far. I know your toughest games are yet to come,and I wish you luck. As far as the best coach, I think we have the best one,but if we truly support our programs,we each should feel that way. Good luck the rest of the way! GO CHIEFS!

Check my score post earlier in this thread,smokey. I really thought MC would score more than that,but I see by the posts they stopped themselves more than anything. You are correct,MC is loaded with talent and I commend coach Derrick on the job he has done so far. I know your toughest games are yet to come,and I wish you luck. As far as the best coach, I think we have the best one,but if we truly support our programs,we each should feel that way. Good luck the rest of the way! GO CHIEFS!

it is still to be determined how good summey will be. remember this is derricks second year..he didn't have a good year last year. we'll see how much improved yall will be next year. congrats on a big win friday. GO CHARGERS!!!