Dyer County @ Haywood 10/05/07

73choctawqb

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Everyone seems to forget this soso Dyer County team is the same one that shut down Haywood last year. A team I believe that Dyersburg struggled to beat last year and this year. Luckily these games are played on the field and not on here. So go ahead and keep giving them bulletin board material.

point of correction.....dyersburg did not struggle last year against dc........

2005 score was 50 to 22

2006 score was 46 to 14

since 2001, when the two teams started playing each other after a hundred year time-out, there has only been two close games....2001 when dc won 16-14 and 2004 when dburg won 7-0....the other 4 games have been pretty much lopsided........

but, you take one year at a time cause all the above is in the past and is for the has beens....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haywood freshmen played Dyer county Freshmen last night.

Haywood dominated 40 to 14.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

More of the same on Friday night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Say what you want about me. I dont care, but the fact of the matter is this: Who got tons of scholarships to play at a IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL?

I'm not going to slam you, dude, but the fact of the matter is that no one got a scholarship to play at an ivy legaue school, because Ivy League schools don't offer athletic scholarships. Actually, the league has specific rules against offering athletic scholarhsips. Consider this: the Harvard football team was undefeated and highly ranked last season. The I-AA playoffs conflicted with exam schedules, so the team elected not participate.

Bonestrojan....Co back and CHECK...Andre Flowers DID play Against Dyersburg last year... HE supposedly hurt his knee against Trenton Peabody in the final seconds... They were calling it a "sprained MCL"....But I don't think it was... I know the Perry kid SPRAINED his ACL and without him they were MENTALLY beat when they played Covington in the playoffs....

Matter of fact...Dyersburg had lost to CC...then had AN OPEN DATE....I told ALL THE DYER COUNTY FANS...That was the WORSE thing that could EVER happen as far as DC was concerned because Counce would have that bunch "breathing fire".... ( and that was the week he had his heart attack)..And he did.... Also heard he told the defense..."You better not let Flowers come into OUR House a gain over 100 yds"...Don't know if it happened but that is what I was told... Dyersburg SHUT DOWN Flowers but they DID KICK TO HIM in either the third of fourth quarter when the game was LONG out of reach...And he RAN A KICKOFF back for a TD....He played... Dyersburg JUST had his number that night...The next week he had over 100 against Covington or CC If I remember...

I stand corrected.

I still did not remember him playing that night. Maybe he was just outshined by Caldwell in that game.

I have interests in both schools, and I would like to see the day that people would not get on here and run down these young men and their schools. I wish the best for both schools. Good luck tonight Choctaws and Trojans. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not going to slam you, dude, but the fact of the matter is that no one got a scholarship to play at an ivy legaue school, because Ivy League schools don't offer athletic scholarships. Actually, the league has specific rules against offering athletic scholarhsips. Consider this: the Harvard football team was undefeated and highly ranked last season. The I-AA playoffs conflicted with exam schedules, so the team elected not participate.

Just to let you know mr. smart mouth knowitall, John Dodds got a full ride to a private school to play football. If you dont believe track him down and ask.

That was ONE FIRED UP TEAM FROM DHS THAT NIGHT!....Counce had WORKED them into a frenzy after that loss at CC two weeks before that....Probably can get some OLD copies of the State Gazette...Used to be the LIBRARY kept them on microfilm....Probably can go on line and find it!...Flowers was great...The "Burg" just wasn't going to let him run wild that night....HAD HIS NUMBER!

Over the past few days ive been told that my nam has come up and dirty comments have been said. All i have to say right now is congrats for DC beating a 0-4 team that has no talent whatsoever, but the destiny of DC is now here and that is straight up losing almost every region game on the upcoming 2nd half of the schedule. The only game they a chance to win is Obion. Oh by the way for 73choctawqb just to let you know i would get a job on espn or get signed to play college football before Adam Clark or BA Davis.

Crow for you! Dyer County 14 Haywood 9

i agree with thefuture02! choctaws get ready to start losin. haywood 35 choctaws 0!

In my opinion DC has had a good run but they always get to cocky for their own good. I dont see but maybe one win left and that's against Obion. Dont get me wrong i think its great DC has done better than expected so far but this region is to tough and to talented with teams like Dburg Crockett Haywood and Ripley.Haywood- 42DC- 7

i think Haywood should share a win with chester county.... they have been warming up teams lately for Haywood. Fayette "where" and now DC. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> i hope you dc fans enjoyed the offense you saw last week because you wont get to see any this week v. Haywood Defense.Haywood 35DC 7