Sequatchie vs Tyner

SEQvalley

I don't like to post on other people's threads but going to anyway. Tyner will win very big this Friday and it might be the worst loss in SC history. It looked like to me against bledsoe that in the 4th SC just flat out layed down and by the score last Friday that truth held up. I hate to see what "valley" football has turned in to in the last few years but if it weren't for South Pitt we wouldn't have a team that was even competitive. We are on the verge of turning it around but the rest are if nothing else very weak.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like to post on other people's threads but going to anyway. Tyner will win very big this Friday and it might be the worst loss in SC history. It looked like to me against bledsoe that in the 4th SC just flat out layed down and by the score last Friday that truth held up. I hate to see what "valley" football has turned in to in the last few years but if it weren't for South Pitt we wouldn't have a team that was even competitive. We are on the verge of turning it around but the rest are if nothing else very weak.

Probably should have waited until after the Jasper game to make that statement. That should add some spice to what has so far been a ho hum valley football season (Pirates excepted). Anyway, Tyner obviously wins this one big. With the number of fumbles the Tyner players put on the ground anything can happen. Go Indians.

5-15 in the last 20 when playing teams with similar talent: Fulton, Brainerd, South Pittsburg, McCallie, Howard, Alcoa, Goodpasture and Lipscomb. I thought your group was the angry team from your post above.

And how many of them were close games? Don't hate Tyner just because they forgot how to play football in Sequatchie Co. I hope the RAM TRAIN scores 100 points this Friday now!

Hey Indian, I personally take offense to anyone saying Tyner has any kind of record against teams with similiar talent. Just because you all are terrible, don't say other valley teams don't have the talent to compete with them. We are not very good this year and have been down for a few for many reasons that I will not talk about at this time, but I refuse to believe that we don't have the talent to compete. Maybe the talent hasn't been developed, maybe the coaches aren't doing their jobs, maybe the administration is slacking, maybe the parents and community are not behind the program, or maybe it is just a down time. But don't throw all of us in one group and say we should not be considered in Tyner's league (which is what you are saying). That is nothing but a pitiful excuse by someone that does not want to look at the truth. You all have a similiar situation in Dunlap to what we have in Pikeville... administration problems.... it all starts at the top. Don't insult the kids by saying they can't play with those boys, tell them to get to work. Please excuse my harshness, but that just upsets this old wore out Warrior and the old wore out Indians that I know would feel the same way.

It wasn't meant to say the teams over here can't play with them, just that the teams mentioned have a better shot at beating Tyner-on the average, recently-and have done so at a 75 percent clip lately. Sequatchie, in the old days, did well for a while against whoever was on the other side of the field, same for Bledsoe for a few years. The game just three years ago at Tyner, Tyner won 27-13, stretched a one touchdown lead to 14 points with a late score so yes the teams can beat them. I wouldn't have even brought up the record on here but I was interested in it a couple of weeks ago after Brainerd beat them, it took about 5 minutes to look it up, then we get comments on here like "TOOT! TOOT! Someone please help that Indian off the tracks, there is an angry RAM TRAIN coming." That's a really big statement when you're favored to win by several touchdowns. And I didn't take it badly, I get what you're saying.

It wasn't meant to say the teams over here can't play with them, just that the teams mentioned have a better shot at beating Tyner-on the average, recently-and have done so at a 75 percent clip lately. Sequatchie, in the old days, did well for a while against whoever was on the other side of the field, same for Bledsoe for a few years. I wouldn't have even brought up the record but I was interested in it a couple of weeks ago after Brainerd beat them, it took about 5 minutes to look it up, then we get comments on here like "TOOT! TOOT! Someone please help that Indian off the tracks, there is an angry RAM TRAIN coming." That's a really big statement when you're favored to win by several touchdowns. And I didn't take it badly, I get what you're saying.

...Now, Indian I know you are more "tough-skinned" than that...Overholt didn't mean anything negative by what he said...regardless of who we are playing, he will say "TOOT! TOOT!...etc...if I were to point out to you about how SC has done against "any" talent the last couple of years how would you have taken that???

...To use an analogy, it's just like the Girls' Basketball team, SC got the talent and now they are the team to beat!!!

I agree, Tyner's the team everyone has to try and match in the region right now. BB may be doing that but after two games (1-1 between those two) it's too early to tell. For the girls, McMinn Central is the team to beat in the region until somebody proves otherwise but that's a topic for elsewhere.