Sequatchie vs Tyner

SEQvalley

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35-6 Final. Tyner led 7-0 until the last play of the first half, 55 yards on a pass and the run after the catch. 14-0 at half. Tyner scored again with 4 minutes left in the third quarter and on the second play after the kickoff ran a fumble back for a touchdown. Seq scored early in the fourth quarter, 28-6, Tyner scored again right after that. Seq missed two early chances to take the lead, missed a field goal and had another blocked. Attitude and consistent effort for all four quarters was much better than in some games this season. They allowed the same yardage for the game as Midway had in the first half last week.

35-6 Final. Tyner led 7-0 until the last play of the first half, 55 yards on a pass and the run after the catch. 14-0 at half. Tyner scored again with 4 minutes left in the third quarter and on the second play after the kickoff ran a fumble back for a touchdown. Seq scored early in the fourth quarter, 28-6, Tyner scored again right after that. Seq missed two early chances to take the lead, missed a field goal and had another blocked. Attitude and consistent effort for all four quarters was much better than in some games this season. They allowed the same yardage for the game as Midway had in the first half last week.

...Now the player details...#3-Tyrell Grayson scored on a 25yd TD run(7-0)...the last play of the 1st half was a magnificent throw by #10-Brandon Scott to #11-Travis Jones(Freshman) for the 14-0 lead at the half...Grayson was responsible for getting the ball down to SC's 1yd line and #35-Todd Johnson scored making it 21-0...#40-Wilson Jackson sacked and caused SC's QB to fumble and #35-Johnson returned it 25yds for the TD for a 28-0 Tyner lead...after SC scored, #28-John Taylor weaved his way through the SC defense about 25yds for the final score: 35-6

...Defense played really good...Offense took a little while to get "cranked-up"...not the best game but I think they were caught off-guard by the on-sides kick at the beginning of the game...after the Tyner "D" settled down I think things started to play out in the "RAMS" favor!!!

...Next week we have Howard @ Finley Stadium-Davenport Field...should be a 'Classic Battle'!!!

I would like to say as always Tyner has always been a class act to Sequatchie Co. These young men are very talented and Seq. really appreciates how they conduct themselves year in and year out. Now to the game.....Seq. played very intense tonight and finally wore down in the 4th, but they never gave up. We are 1 and 6 , but with that effort we could finish the year off good with some upsets. Tyner's speed isn't something we could match, but two plays led to TD's in the 1st half or its 0-0 at the half. Great game to attend. I always enjoy watching Tyner just because they are a good team with Class!!! Good luck the rest of the way Tyner. As for Sequatchie, you guys showed you a had heart tonight. Lets finish the year 4-6.