REGION 5-1A MID-SEASON REPORT CARD!

Region Winner Pick  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Region Winner Pick

I would probably add heritage to this list too. if they get in shape and limit mistakes they could be 2nd or 3rd. They are pretty dangerous with their starting qb, which you didn't see when yall played. he definately makes a difference in their team.

If he is such a difference maker keep him on the field. I'm so sick of hearing this junk. He didn't play because of something he did and you lost. End of story. Even if he did play Forrst still wins. How do I know.....I don't but no one knows they lose. The win went to Forrest move on and worry about your next game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is such a difference maker keep him on the field. I'm so sick of hearing this junk. He didn't play because of something he did and you lost. End of story. Even if he did play Forrst still wins. How do I know.....I don't but no one knows they lose. The win went to Forrest move on and worry about your next game.

he didn't play because of a stupid referee. what he did was the same thing that is done on the field every friday night. his ejection should not have even occurred. just one of those ref's that did not know what he was doing.

Your exactly right, Voice, nobody knows FOR SURE what the outcome would of been had the kid played. The fact that the outcome may or may not of been different IS the reason this is such a hot topic. That one game will have huge implications on playoff seedings and possibly even determining who makes the playoffs, so it should be expected that this will be discussed the rest of the season. The penalty for the act commited in the game prior to yours was huge in respect to the outcome of this region. There are a lot of instances that go on in games that probably could draw the same consequences, but are missed by the officials. I'm sure if the kid had it to do over again, he would of realized how much of an impact that one act is going to have on his and everyone elses season. I hope other teams (including ours) realize the penalties involved in an ejection and maintain a level head the rest of the season.

he didn't play because of a stupid referee. what he did was the same thing that is done on the field every friday night. his ejection should not have even occurred. just one of those ref's that did not know what he was doing.

I obviously wasn't there and don't know everything that happened, but it should be very flagrant with intent before an official ejects a player. Every play these kids are popping each other and it is understandable that emotions are going to get the best of them sometimes. With the severity of an ejection they definitely need to make sure the crime fits the punishment. From what I heard, a kid was allegedly trying to injure his knee after the whistle had blown and this was why he reacted like he did. IF that is the case, then an ejection was overboard.

I obviously wasn't there and don't know everything that happened, but it should be very flagrant with intent before an official ejects a player. Every play these kids are popping each other and it is understandable that emotions are going to get the best of them sometimes. With the severity of an ejection they definitely need to make sure the crime fits the punishment. From what I heard, a kid was allegedly trying to injure his knee after the whistle had blown and this was why he reacted like he did. IF that is the case, then an ejection was overboard.

I think the WHH player got caught on the retaleation (sp?) Seems to happen like that alot.

I think the WHH player got caught on the retaleation (sp?) Seems to happen like that alot.

This is almost always the case... the guy that started the infraction with a push or an elbow... is not the one that the ref catches. It's the guy who reacts, who pushes the original perpetrator back.

Also, we all know that all referees are not created equally, but they all have to back their fellow refs up... even if they make a bad call. I don't know, I wasn't there… but it could have been something the WHH QB said or did on another play what prompted the ref to throw him out of the game.

Cascade11 makes a good point... one little slip of the tongue or one little push could change the outcome of the entire season. So, players keep your options and your hands to yourself after the whistle blows.

IF IT WAS REALLY A STUPID REF, DON'T U THINK YOUR COACH WOULD HAVE WANTED TO APPEAL THE SUSPENSION? AND IF IT WAS A STUPID REF, AND YALL DID APPEAL, DONT U THINK YALL WOULD HAVE WON THE APPEAL? I GET SO TIRED OF HEARING HERITAGE WHINE ABOUT HOW THEY GOT CAUGHT BEING DIRTY, AND THEN THEY ACT LIKE THEY ARENT DIRTY OR THEY BLAM THE REFS OR OTHER PLAYERS. JUST ADMIT THAT UR PLAYER GOT CAUGHT AND SHUT UP ABOUT IT!

GO WARRIORS!!!!

My Report Card...

Nashville Christian (A+)...I don't think anyone seen them coming. They've already doubled their win total from last year.

Jo Byrns (A)...they've answered a lot of questions so far. Haven't skipped a beat.

cascade (A)...no let downs, taking care of business.

Forrest (A)...good solid 4-1 start, a little bit of a let down with their 21 point loss to JB

White House-Heritage (A)...same as Forrest, good solid start but a bit of a let down against Forrest

Middle TN Christian (A)...playing very well for their 1st time in Region 5-1A

Community B...1st year in, can't complain too much

McEwen (B-)...had a good showing against cascade but not against White House-Heritage

Clarksville Academy (C-)...hasn't met expectations this year; should have put up a bit more of a fight.

Eagleville (D)...still fighting some of the same issues, haven't seen any improvement from last year.

First of all Tssaa is not going to overturn a judgement call of any of their officials. Saw the play first hand should of been a personal foul but no more.

I BELIEVE UR WRONG ON THAT POINT, 2 YEARS AGO, A MCEWEN PLAYER GOT EJECTED FOR SUPPOSIVELY HITTING A PLAYER, THE TAPE WAS SENT IN TO THE TSSAA, AND THE SUSPENSION WAS OVERTURNED.