REGION 5-1A MID-SEASON REPORT CARD!

Region Winner Pick  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Region Winner Pick

Jo Byrns pretty much ran away with this poll during pre-season, more than doubling everyone else's picks. Is there a team that will challenge J.B. ? Has anyone's opinion changed since the start of the season? I still say J.B. is king of the hill until someone knocks them off. I believe this will be Cascades best chance in a while and I'm picking them. They also still have to avoid upset minded White House Heritage and upstart Nashville Christian. The second half of the season is going to be very interesting with most of the big dawgs yet to play each other. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a dissapointing season for Eagleville as it looks like they are pretty much knocked out of the playoffs before October started. Thier only hope is to knock off Cascade and/or Jo Byrns. But it looks like the game at Oct 26 at the stable could shape up to be a thriller! But like you say there are some teams to watch out for as well. Nashville Chrisitian is one of the big surprises this year, good job the other Eagles lol!

Its been a dissapointing season for Eagleville as it looks like they are pretty much knocked out of the playoffs before October started. Thier only hope is to knock off Cascade and/or Jo Byrns. But it looks like the game at Oct 26 at the stable could shape up to be a thriller! But like you say there are some teams to watch out for as well. Nashville Chrisitian is one of the big surprises this year, good job the other Eagles lol!

I think it's going to take six region wins this year to make the playoffs, which means Eagleville would have to run the table to have a shot. They are 1-3 in the region. I personnally don't see that happening but I didn't give my Phillies a chance at the playoffs two weeks ago either, so who knows. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I decided to go ahead and rub my crystal ball and let everyone know how the region should shake out:

As stated above, October the 26th will decide first and second place. The winner of the Cascade/Jo Byrns will again determine 1st and 2nd place. It gets interesting from there. Forrest has the advantage with wins over WHH and Nashville Christian. I don't see them beating Cascade, so if they can get by the only opponent they have left with the ability to beat them (McEwen on the road), they'll be able to hold onto the 3rd spot in the playoffs. The QB suspension by WHH is really going to factor into this season because I think that Forrest game would of had a different outcome. Now, with the top three spots decided (hypothetically speaking), that makes the game between WHH and Nashville Christian this Friday, in all likelihood a playoff game. The winner of that game will be in the driver's seat for the fourth and final playoff spot. Obviously if McEwen is able to beat Forrest (and that is very possible) this totally changes everything and you have the tie-breaker from heck scenerio's.

Another possibility for chaos is, if the loser of the JB and Cascade game also loses to WHH and/or Nashville Christian. It is going to be interesting, that's for sure.

I decided to go ahead and rub my crystal ball and let everyone know how the region should shake out:

As stated above, October the 26th will decide first and second place. The winner of the Cascade/Jo Byrns will again determine 1st and 2nd place. It gets interesting from there. Forrest has the advantage with wins over WHH and Nashville Christian. I don't see them beating Cascade, so if they can get by the only opponent they have left with the ability to beat them (McEwen on the road), they'll be able to hold onto the 3rd spot in the playoffs. The QB suspension by WHH is really going to factor into this season because I think that Forrest game would of had a different outcome. Now, with the top three spots decided (hypothetically speaking), that makes the game between WHH and Nashville Christian this Friday, in all likelihood a playoff game. The winner of that game will be in the driver's seat for the fourth and final playoff spot. Obviously if McEwen is able to beat Forrest (and that is very possible) this totally changes everything and you have the tie-breaker from heck scenerio's.

Another possibility for chaos is, if the loser of the JB and Cascade game also loses to WHH and/or Nashville Christian. It is going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Any opinions on this possibility? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Any opinions on this possibility? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I think that you might be right on this one but with some help from Cascade and Jo Byrns.And McEwen wins the game over Forrest and Nashville Christian and MTCS and Eagleville and make it a game with Jo Byrns by a low scoring McEwen may have the 3rd seat in the play-offs. Cascade needs to beat Forrest, Nashville Christian needs to beat WHH, Cascade and Jo Byrns both need to beat WHH. Then Cascade beats Nashville Christian. McEwen then would get 3rd............................................... so help................. McEwen is going to try to its part..........................................................GO BIG REG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I think that you might be right on this one but with some help from Cascade and Jo Byrns.And McEwen wins the game over Forrest and Nashville Christian and MTCS and Eagleville and make it a game with Jo Byrns by a low scoring McEwen may have the 3rd seat in the play-offs. Cascade needs to beat Forrest, Nashville Christian needs to beat WHH, Cascade and Jo Byrns both need to beat WHH. Then Cascade beats Nashville Christian. McEwen then would get 3rd............................................... so help................. McEwen is going to try to its part..........................................................GO BIG REG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But remember last year McEwen HAD a playoff spot when WHH beat Forrest the last game of the season and then McEwen lost to I think Clarksville Acad. and got bumped by the tie breaker. Crazy stuff could happen but my 4 in no order what so ever

Forrest (yup homer)

JBS

Cascade

NCS

It sounds about right /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Jo Byrns has owned this region for a while...so you have to seriously consider them...bu thtis could be Cascades year...the rest of the teams could factor in only as to upsets that change the playing field, but I think it will be one of those two with the other finishing second

But remember last year McEwen HAD a playoff spot when WHH beat Forrest the last game of the season and then McEwen lost to I think Clarksville Acad. and got bumped by the tie breaker. Crazy stuff could happen but my 4 in no order what so ever

Forrest (yup homer)

JBS

Cascade

NCS

I would probably add heritage to this list too. if they get in shape and limit mistakes they could be 2nd or 3rd. They are pretty dangerous with their starting qb, which you didn't see when yall played. he definately makes a difference in their team.