Alcoa doesn't have it this year...

littlewing

I wasn't at the Maryville game, it was way to crowded.

I was at the last two games, and Alcoa looked poor. Granted, they might have won, but look who they played. About 5 other 2A teams could have done much better against these cupcakes.

I understand that they "did good" against Maryville. But moral victories don't show up on the record, and that's something these players will have to understand. "almost" beating maryville and "almost" winning the state is on the other side of the spectrum of winning.

A win is a win, and a loss is a loss.

Again, these sophomore players you have talked about are already hitting their peak. You will not see much improvement, as they will most likely be burnt out by the start of next year.

For Alcoa Fans:

How many Freshman contributed last year, any names?

Tyler Robinson played a good bit last year and has some pretty goo dhands when he gets his head in the game. not to mention his size is outstanding for a SOPHMORE( meaning that last year when he was STARTING, he was a FRESHMAN)

also, u contradict yourself bigtime. saying that alcoa had trouble beating a team, but then saying maryville had trouble beating alcoa doesnt cout. WTF?!?!? if a win is a win, why are you questioning alcoa's wins against these early season teams

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who got arrested this week??

Ha, ha, ha... not funny. No arrests that I know of. That is not a frequent problem of Alcoas anyway so your post is irrelevant unless you are just trying to get attention. Alcoa is a good group of kids and Rankin is keeping them disciplined. This team will do great things, and even greater things are in store for the younger guys.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that was a pretty good low blow, but perhaps you should check your reading comprehension, because this thread is about Alcoa not being as good of a football team as the past years, and has nothing to do with the moral choices that each member makes. however, if you would like to start your own thread about that i would be more than willing to argue with you on it.

Back to what this thread is about; i think it was stated earlier that alcoa's defense was not up to par this season. however, they have given up only 434 total yards this season so far, most of which being to Maryville.That really isnt to bad, only about 87 yards a game. Unless C.A.K.'s offense is running like a machine, i would put my money, that Alcoa will keep that number under 1000 total yards of offense for the season.

Tyler Robinson played a good bit last year and has some pretty goo dhands when he gets his head in the game. not to mention his size is outstanding for a SOPHMORE( meaning that last year when he was STARTING, he was a FRESHMAN)

also, u contradict yourself bigtime. saying that alcoa had trouble beating a team, but then saying maryville had trouble beating alcoa doesnt cout. WTF?!?!? if a win is a win, why are you questioning alcoa's wins against these early season teams

Just one thing, Trey: I don't believe Robinson started any games last year. He did get to play quite a bit, but I don't believe he ever started. I certainly may be wrong...my memory ain't what it used to be...

Oh, and 76StateChamp: In case you aren't aware, there is no county championship...hard to have one when 2 of the schools won't play Alcoa. Be careful what you say...WBHS just about got 'em.

Just one thing, Trey: I don't believe Robinson started any games last year. He did get to play quite a bit, but I don't believe he ever started. I certainly may be wrong...my memory ain't what it used to be...

Oh, and 76StateChamp: In case you aren't aware, there is no county championship...hard to have one when 2 of the schools won't play Alcoa. Be careful what you say...WBHS just about got 'em.

Robinson was our starting TE last season as a freshman

I wasn't at the Maryville game, it was way to crowded.

I was at the last two games, and Alcoa looked poor. Granted, they might have won, but look who they played. About 5 other 2A teams could have done much better against these cupcakes.

I understand that they "did good" against Maryville. But moral victories don't show up on the record, and that's something these players will have to understand. "almost" beating maryville and "almost" winning the state is on the other side of the spectrum of winning.

A win is a win, and a loss is a loss.

Again, these sophomore players you have talked about are already hitting their peak. You will not see much improvement, as they will most likely be burnt out by the start of next year.

For Alcoa Fans:

How many Freshman contributed last year, any names?

How many Freshman are contributing this year, likewise?

No class will ever match the last two classes. They will be a little better next year, and then they will get worse, and worse, and worse.

Do you know anything about football? Alcoa will be the favorite to win the title for the next 4 years and after this year they will not be challenged in 2A. The Maryville game will be with in a touchdown in the next few years. You just need to never post on this ever again.

I agree Alcoa just doesn't have it this year. I mean to only put up 42 or 49 in the 1st Q against OS is just a sign of weakness. They will need to make some major improvements soon to compete in 2A this year.......

This thread is nothing but a joke, Alcoa is as good of a team as thier is in 2A football right now and I expect to see them in the championship game in December. It is obvious this team is awesome and continues to improve each week. I look forward to watching them soon.