Alcoa doesn't have it this year...

littlewing

They played tough against Maryville and depth and youth got the best of them, thing is, no other 2 A team could keep it close with Maryville.

I think littlewing forgot the score at halftime: MHS was only ahead by 1 touchdown. And, you hit it right on the head: DEPTH and YOUTH definitely had an impact. How can we expect to truly compete with the size (I'm talking numbers, not how big the guys are) of MHS' team when that school is 5 times bigger than us???

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does tis guy realize that MARYVILLE IS RANKED 16 IN THE NATION RIGHT NOW. To say Alcoa is down based on that is stupid, not to mention the fact they are favored to Win a Championship again. I know Camden would hate to be in their situation let's see 3 uncontested titles, and looks like going for number 4, Darn I don't know of anyone who would wanna be in that position. This is a stupid thread, or a ruse from an Alcoa loyal.

Against BTW the score could have been a lot worse, but Alcoa plays lots of new guys so they get experience. Against Wartburg the starting RB was hurt, and Cobb was not running to avoid further injury since he sustained a concussion the week before. Also, Rankin was trying to cycle in many young guys against Wartburg, earlier on, more so than usual. Whitehouse, a supposedly good school was destroyed as was Springhill, Maryville was close untill half, BTW wasn't close, neither was Wartburg in the end. All could have been worse, but Alcoa does not run up the score.

Sit back and enjoy the show, I have seen Alcoa play 2 games, and it is obvious that this is the year Alcoa gets beat by someone in the 2A league. I predict 2 more losses this season, the last one being in the quarterfinals of the playoffs.

As you know, they have lost many leaders, because of juvenile mistakes, and the loss of the past senior class.

The defense, unlike past years, is suspect. Maryville passed all over them, and they can't defend any receivers with any athletic ability. Also, the defensive line is soft, and can not stop a run since they are being dominated by every offensive line they play.

Randall Cobb would be a much more highly ranked recruit if his offensive line could give him time to throw a ball. But, he is forced to run in this one man offense, relying on no one but himself.

Also, there is a void at fullback. They two young kids that are playing there are not up to par, and they don't look like they will be ever.

Does this team have sufficient practices? Because on the field it does not look like such.

This thread is hilarious. And besides, even if the talent isn't there now for Alcoa to continue to dominate every opponet they face, then who is to say that it won't be there next year. lol NO ZONING!!!!!

"For Alcoa Fans:

How many Freshman contributed last year, any names?

How many Freshman are contributing this year, likewise?"

I have a better idea: instead of Alcoa fans listing the names of the freshmen who are making a big impact, why don't you name them since you seem to know so much about Alcoa football?

I will help you out just a bit and let you in on this: I don't think any freshman made great contributions last year; they didn't need to; we had 25 seniors. This year there are several who are making huge contributions.

To say that "No class will ever match the last two classes." shows how much you know about Alcoa football. The sophmore and freshman classes, in my opinion, have the ability to match that. Then, you have next year's freshman class to look forward to. Last year Alcoa Middle School won the county championship and went undefeated. The Maryville game wasn't even close, and they played Heritage Middle (of all people!) for the championship. You're cracking me up! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'll be the first to admit the last 2 wins weren't very pretty, but as you say, "a win is a win", and it's not like we squeaked by to get the win. THere were some big hits in the BTW game; those guys came to play and honestly thought they'd have a chance.

You can slam our schedule, but we play who we play because the "big guns" in 2A won't play us in the regular season. I don't see any other 2A schools calling Maryville and asking to play them. We have to play Wartburg and Oliver Springs because they're in our region.

Alcoa keeps on rolling; defense has only allowed an average of 8 points/game (throwing out the Maryville game...with the MHS game it's 16), we've outscored our opponents (again, throwing out the MHS game) 160-24; with MHS: 174-66. These games include 2 AAA schools, one of which was suppose to be in the top 10 in the state.

Hmmm...yeah, I guess we aren't having such a great year, are we? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I wasn't at the Maryville game, it was way to crowded.

I was at the last two games, and Alcoa looked poor. Granted, they might have won, but look who they played. About 5 other 2A teams could have done much better against these cupcakes.

I understand that they "did good" against Maryville. But moral victories don't show up on the record, and that's something these players will have to understand. "almost" beating maryville and "almost" winning the state is on the other side of the spectrum of winning.

A win is a win, and a loss is a loss.

Again, these sophomore players you have talked about are already hitting their peak. You will not see much improvement, as they will most likely be burnt out by the start of next year.

For Alcoa Fans:

How many Freshman contributed last year, any names?

How many Freshman are contributing this year, likewise?

No class will ever match the last two classes. They will be a little better next year, and then they will get worse, and worse, and worse.

i have question ummm....if im not mistaken is not the time between sophmore and junior year your biggest jump in athletic ability and maturity is made...the average player never makes a jump bigger than that from year to year other than sophmore to junior....so how can you say that the alcoa players have reached their peak

Alcoa is down from previous years but they are still a very good football team. After losing 20+ seniors last year you can't expect to be as good. And as far as you middle school winning the county championship, they better cherish it cause Alcoa will never win the county championship in high school as Maryville rules.