Alcoa doesn't have it this year...

littlewing

Alcoa will win 2A again. Alcoa isn't quite as good as they have been but they are good enough.

Troy Hodge is a very good tailback. He may not be Duck or Shiverdecker but he is pretty darn good.

Sam Thompson is a darn good receiver. Tyler Robinson is a darn good tight end. Jaron Toney is a very good backup tailback.

What makes this team real dangerous is Randall Cobb. Cobb is a great football player. He is a minature Vick.

Alcoa is real good but I believe William Blount is the best team Maryville has played.

In my opinion next year may be the best chance to get Alcoa.Alcoa will still be good in 08. In 2009 and 2010 no one in 2A will come close to beating them. Maryville may not do it either. Alcoa will be freaking loaded those years.

Thank you , as a proud member of the AHS class of 2010 , i completely agree with this , the year my class is seniors we are going to absolutely loaded , and i believe that we will def beat Maryville that year

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebelron: In my opinion next year may be the best chance to get Alcoa.

I have to respectfully disagree...this year will be the best chance to get Alcoa, after all, this is our "down year". While Cobb, Hodge, Coulter will be gone, there are many, many underclassmen getting a lot of playing time this year. They'll be seasoned veterans next year. James has improved immensely in the qb position, and is already getting settled in the position. Then you'll have next year's freshmen class chomping at the bit to get in playing time.

Don't know if we'll ever beat Maryville...we're not suppose to, you know. they're 3 times our size (attendance wise)..don't know if we'll ever have the depth to beat them.

This just in!!! Alcoa will never lose again!!! I hear the incoming 2nd grade class is amazing!!!

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ha ha

This is still a stupid thread

BTW R2010 take Maryville off your radar screen, they will be 5A your senior year while Alcoa by design will still be 2A there will be too much depth-plus they will still be Maryville. Besides by then we will have 11 Gold balls and that mighty 2nd grade team will be veterans

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ha ha

This is still a stupid thread

BTW R2010 take Maryville off your radar screen, they will be 5A your senior year while Alcoa by design will still be 2A there will be too much depth-plus they will still be Maryville. Besides by then we will have 11 Gold balls and that mighty 2nd grade team will be veterans

i dont knwo specifically if ur saying we wont play them , or wont beat them , but i guarantee you my friend , my Senior year we will beat them , hands down WILL , and your point about 5A , Alcoa has beat plenty of 5A teams , i dont think Class has anythign to do with Skill

i dont knwo specifically if ur saying we wont play them , or wont beat them , but i guarantee you my friend , my Senior year we will beat them , hands down WILL , and your point about 5A , Alcoa has beat plenty of 5A teams , i dont think Class has anythign to do with Skill

Hold your roll youngster...I was born and raised in Alcoa, played on the first two championship teams so I know a little bit about who they've beat as well as who has beat them. Let's just say that 2010 is a long way away...oh yeah we beat Maryville in Jrhigh/middle school and lost to them in highschool so I know how that goes too.

Do you realize how many classes have made that exact statement? I'd love to see it happen, but as long as GQ is there, I don't know if it could possibly become a reality. MHS just has too much depth, and, with our boys playing both ways, we just can't physically do it. This year's game, for instance...our boys looked winded by the end of the 1st half, while MHS looked fresh and ready to go.

This thread is getting way of track. It really should be shut down...it was ridiculous to start with.