Alcoa doesn't have it this year...

littlewing

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How great it must be to be a program that wins three state titles in a row, and a "rebuilding" year is being ranked #2 in the state and there is a chance that in going for #4 state title, you just might get beat.

Yeah i would hate to have a program like that.

It would be a terrible thing. If they are ranked second it is only because Goodpasture is LOADED and Alcoa may still get them.

It would be a terrible thing. If they are ranked second it is only because Goodpasture is LOADED and Alcoa may still get them.

Wouldn't you just hate for Mt. Pleasant to be in that position? I know that personally I would be in a wreck if FCS had won 3 state titles in a row and there was a chance that they might not win the fourth.... i don't know how they are handling it....

Hey FCS.......didn't your little debate end several moons ago? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Alcoa is probably NOT on the slippery slope littlewing has put them on. Half of us just wish they were in the same league as the Tornadoes....the other half are just jealous. Alcoa....just keep playing harder and "clip" those littlewings!

Kaz

Alcoa's fine. Cobb is a Kentucky Commit. Alcoa may lose one, in the playoffs (unlikely) or in the title game. Goodpasture has the speed to hang w/Alcoa at some positions, not all. Alcoa is bigger and stronger than GP. Worst case scenario, Alcoa loses to a Smith Co. come playoffs.

ruse?

Downfall? Are you saying their starters might actually need play all 4 quarters this year against some 2A opponents? I would hardly call that a downfall. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

This thread is hilarious! Yes, we're young. Yes, some of our young men have made mistakes and have paid/are paying for it.

I don't know which 2 games littlewing has seen. Coaches are trying different things, but look for Alcoa to have it together by the time they play CAK. Will they win it all this year? Don't know. Goodpasture just may be able to give us a run for our money this year (providing we both can get to the 'boro).

How can you look at (for all practical purposes) our first game of the year against a 4A powerhouse and gauge the rest of the year on that??? Have you seen Maryville??? We had young guys in the first real game of the season against (gulp) MHS. Nerves definitely got the best of them.

As far as Randall being a one man show...remember these names: Dee Herbert, Jaron Toney, Tyler Robinson, (I could go on but I"ll stop there). Maybe you should watch all the games instead of just one (or two) before making your judgement.

Alcoa's coming along just fine, thank you very much. If anybody thinks it's going to be a cakewalk playing Alcoa, then they're in for a rude awakening.

As far as leadership, I'd hardly call losing one player losing our leadership. There are some really fine leaders on the field this year. Just as in past years, younger players are answering the call and stepping up.

So, if you're expecting Alcoa to be on a downslide, keep on keeping on...

I have not been to 1 or 2 games, I have been to them all. Alcoa is looking good for a 2 A team but are no means the Alcoa of years past. I don't see Alcoa losing before the playoffs and I have faith that they will be firing on all cylinders when the playoffs begin. They played tough against Maryville and depth and youth got the best of them, thing is, no other 2 A team could keep it close with Maryville. They have leaders and if the O-Line can get it together another state championship is not out of the question. When Thompson gets used to being the primary reciever (He had many passes barely lost against Wartburg) he will be a huge threat. I was dissapointed in the way the first half against Wartburg went but they got it together. This is not a dynasty falling, because they will easily make the playoffs, and at least make a run into the late rounds. IF they were to lose in the championship game are they a fallen dynasty? What about when they win some in the next few years. The youth Alcoa has will be amazing in about 2 or 3 years.

Sit back and enjoy the show, I have seen Alcoa play 2 games, and it is obvious that this is the year Alcoa gets beat by someone in the 2A league. I predict 2 more losses this season, the last one being in the quarterfinals of the playoffs.

As you know, they have lost many leaders, because of juvenile mistakes, and the loss of the past senior class.

The defense, unlike past years, is suspect. Maryville passed all over them, and they can't defend any receivers with any athletic ability. Also, the defensive line is soft, and can not stop a run since they are being dominated by every offensive line they play.

Randall Cobb would be a much more highly ranked recruit if his offensive line could give him time to throw a ball. But, he is forced to run in this one man offense, relying on no one but himself.

Also, there is a void at fullback. They two young kids that are playing there are not up to par, and they don't look like they will be ever.

Does this team have sufficient practices? Because on the field it does not look like such.

Outstanding comments. Without bias, specific, and not generalized in any way. You sir should apply for a coaching position at Alcoa. In all probability, you would begin your tenure with a scoutng assignment. Your ability to see talent for what it is, flaws in schemes, and opportunities to exploit opponents weaknesses is impressive. Really.

ruse?