Milan Vs. JCS

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jaxman i would just like to say u are one of the most classy people ive seen post here but then again everthing ive seen from jcs fans this week was classy u have a great program i believe u can make some noise in the playoffs good luck next week and for that matter until ur playing milan again oh and to mickeyryan u said the charger would win the region that is what i was responding to but oh well as for usj u all can keep slim playoff hopes with a couple victorys in a row

W E S T V I E W win the R E G I O N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "If I'm not mistaken, I believe mickeyryan may be a USJ fan."

Cottontop, I believe you are right. Any Westview fan in their right mind would not have posted what mickeyryan posted. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I will also say I have never seen better team speed than Milan...your DB's close on the ball so fast...and you guys are solid tacklers...great form...and #5...he is a stud...but then you had so many big time players...

The only team JCS has ever faced with the team speed anywhere near that of Milan was Lake County in the quarterfinals last year. In that game it took our D the entire first half to adjust to the speed and athleticism they were facing. Last night, the Eagle D adjusted much more quickly - I'd say after that first drive.

I was a little surprised when Milan mixed in so many pass plays into their offensives scheme. They executed the run and the pass very well. On the last couple of drives, however, JCS got to see what smashmouth football is all about - Milan can line up and run at you about anytime they want to.

This was another impressive night for the JCS defense. After giving up a touchdown on the opening drive, they held Milan scoreless until the fourth quarter. The also avoided giving up a lot of big plays. What killed us was Milans ability to throw or run for 5-7 yards on just about every snap. They really executed their offensive scheme against a good JCS defense. The play of the game had to be the second effort given by the Milan runner on the two point conversion, putting Milan ahead by one late in the game. It looked like the Eagle D had him stood up short of the goal line, but his one last twist put him in the endzone. That was a gutsy call by the Milan coaches and it paid off.

Offensively, JCS looked better than we've looked in a while. Hudson had time to throw the ball, not having to scramble a lot until the fourth quarter. Our recievers made more plays than we've been making, and our coaches mixed in the run. Milan defended the pass well, and their line was effective against the run. Milan was ready for JCS.

One of the best football plays I've seen in a long time was the Tanner P TD catch in the endzone in the first half. The play was well defended and broken up by the Milan player. When the ball bounced off someones shoulder pads and up into the air, Perkins never took his eyes off of it. He was still in the grasp of the defender, and while falling down to the turf, manages to turn 180 degrees and stretch for the ball, bringing it in as he hits the ground. Way to finish the play, Tanner. That play and the extra point put JCS up 10-6 at half.

The trip to Milan and Johnny Hale stadium is an experience that every football player ought to have. The atmosphere in the 2A games JCS has played so far really resembles the atmosphere that surrounded the games late in the playoffs last season. The crowds are bigger and louder. The games are well run. The sportsmanship, class, and hospitality have been as good as I've ever seen. Region 8AA not only plays football very well, but the schools in this region know how to run a football program. The wins here are tough to come by, but this is a great ride for our team and our fans.

all season (but especially when we faced Westview and Humboldt) I have wondered how they grow boys that big and if we were not feeding our boys right...but last night I was overwhelmed by speed...wow how does Milan find kids that fast...I know you have great coaching...but speed, while it can be helped by coaching, is largely something your born with...they have something in the water up there we ain't got over on Country Club Lane...there were some posts last week about Milans DB's being short...with there speed and heart...last night they played like they were 6'6"...man they are fast...

Normaly Milan has one of the biggest teams around. This is the first time in a long time we have had this much speed. It means we have to change our game a little but I think we have adjusted well. Plus we still have just enough size to run at people. The milan coaches have also done a great job getting kids faster. I remember hearing them say that we had to get faster. Goodpasture last year was too fast for us to keep their running backs contained. This year they did a lot more stretching and running over the summer than in years past and it has really paid off.

here where the keys to this game

1.JCS Red Zone O is lousy

2.Milan is FAST

3.JCS Line Played Tremendous I thought until the end but that is expected when you play such a powerful line like Milan.

4.I belive JCS was one big play away from putting Milan away in the 4th quarter; With that said the D came up with the big play but the O could not capatilize.

5.For JCS to be the pasing team they are I have not really seen them dominate anyone in the air except for maybe a qtr or 2 a game they are gonna have to step up the air game with the lack of running game they have.

6.JCS D great job on carrying this team once again keep it up.

7.congrats to the Milan passing game looked good caught the eagles off guard.

Final Analysis:Milan is a great ball club with an outside shot at a Gold Ball and with that said "IF" and I quote "IF" JCS can get there O together here pretty soon I would not be suprised to see them winning some games in the playoffs and themselves with an outside shot at a Gold ball