Milan Vs. JCS

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word on the street is that JCS fans are wearing all black to the Milan game. I don't doubt they will out number Milan fans for this one. Even if the JCS crowd is smaller, it will be louder.

I don't know about that. I went to the JCS vs. Humboldt game and JCS brings the fans. I've never seen such a crowd so proud of their team.

Milans DBs are not tall with the corners being 5'6", safetys 5'10", and the nicleback 6'. However viking14 I would have to disagree that they are not faster than Humboldts DBs. I would put this set of 5 guys against any defensive backfield in the state in a sprint. However, as important as speed is it doesn't make a kid a good DB. I like your defensive game play though. We locked up man with USJs WRs last week and brought pressure all night it was pretty effective.

There will be plenty of purple tom night.

Everyone's talking so much about the JCS passing game. However, no one has said much about the Milan rushing attack. If I remember right, Milan has put up 300+ yards on the ground many times this year. Dont be so sure of yourself that if JCS puts up a lot of points that they will still win. Milan will get their points as well. Pressure is on the JCS offense in this one. Milan by 14.

There may not have been alot said on this board about Milan's ground game, but I can assure you it has been talked about alot on Country Club Lane...the JCS coaches have been very concerned about stopping Milans strong running game...I do think the pressure will be on JCS to get it's offense clicking better than last week...We have done better than most expected in 8 2A this year, but we have a ton of respect for Milan and know that coming into the game we have to be near perfect to be in it...there is nothing but respect by the Eagles for the Bulldogs this year and the tradition they have built...

Have you seen Milan?? You can't say that us Milan fans aren't proud of the Bulldogs.....

Any of my fellow Bulldog fans agree??

One of the big differences I have noticed with our move to 2A this year has been crowds...teams bring much bigger crowds and the atmosphere is more exciting...in 1A there were teams who did that, but also many who had very little turnout...2A schools being larger and with region 8 being so strong, I think really gets the crowds out...

Milans DBs are not tall with the corners being 5'6", safetys 5'10", and the nicleback 6'. However viking14 I would have to disagree that they are not faster than Humboldts DBs. I would put this set of 5 guys against any defensive backfield in the state in a sprint. However, as important as speed is it doesn't make a kid a good DB. I like your defensive game play though. We locked up man with USJs WRs last week and brought pressure all night it was pretty effective.

There will be plenty of purple tom night.

I agree the Milan db's are quick & speed does not necessarily make a good db or rb or anything else for that matter. But all of Humboldt's db's are fast. My son can motor, Chauncey Hunt can move, Campbell is fast, as is Montegue with all being in the 4.5-4.6 40's. Overall Milan has great speed on defense. But the key to this game is a consistent pass rush. Any receiver can get open given time. Lock down the receiver on the line & the timing is thrown off. I'll bet Milan jams the receivers & plays man in this one. If the safeties get burned then JCS scores quite often. You can bet that they'll go after the corners on a streak with the 6'5" receiver. The corner covering him better be ready!