Milan Vs. JCS

Congrats to JCS on a big win against Humboldt in which no offensive touchdowns were scored. JCS is well coached and will come into Milan this week to face the Bulldogs. Milan is starting to get it's rhythm which is bad news for the rest of the opponents. If my numbers are right Milan used at least 6 tailbacks against USJ on Thurs. night. Two of them were Sophmores and one of them was the leading rusher. Another week of practice in the passing game and Milan could be dangerous in the games ahead. Looking for a good game from a state championship team who gives Milan alot to practice for this week. In the end I believe that Milan's physical game will eventually wear down the front of JCS, but, it should be a close game. GO DAWGS!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If JCS DOES win this game.....it would be a HUGE statement to all the folks that doubted JCS would be able to compete so far in 2a....I talked to some JCS players/coaches last night in Jackson at Perkins after all the games were over and they seem to be taking Milan very serious and from the way they talked they seemed excited to get to play this game and were aware that Milan uses 6 or 7 backs!!!! Should be a close one...I'd go to this won but my Pioneers are supposed to win this week!!!lol...Good Luck to both teams!!!!!

One thing is for sure, JCS played far from a flawless game last night and beat Humboldt by 14. This is very encouraging for their chances against Milan, but make no mistake if they get two passes picked off and housed by Milan they will get beat....badly!! I agree with Jaxman that Milan will be bigger, faster and stronger. In every category on paper Milan is superior and from a strictly statistical standpoint they should dominate this game. They have tradition like no other team in West TN and I'm sure the atmosphere will be electric Friday night in Milan. I have seen JCS play several games this year and they have looked really good in a couple and not so good in others. I think that the weather will play a huge role in this game. If its rainy and soggy it really hurts the Eagles chances, but if they get a nice dry night I think they may just have a shot to hang in the game. Hudson needs to have a career night and the defense will have to play its best game of the year to keep this one close. If the Eagles can somehow pull this one out there will be no more questions about if they can compete in this elite 2A region.

I've seen both Milan & JCS play as my son plays for Humboldt. If JCS plays with as much heart & desire as they played against Humboldt then they've got a legimate chance to upset Milan. I know Milan isn't looking past JCS as they had 5 or 6 of their coaches on the Humboldt side last night & their notepads were full. So they're obviously taking their upcoming game seriously. They'll study JCS's tendencies & try to capitalize on that so if JCS throws a few wrinkles in their play then they MIGHT mess up Milan's gameplan. Humboldt was bigger, stronger, & faster than JCS but they proved that a well executed game plan & fundamentals wins games. Milan beat Humboldt by 14-0 which 7 of that came from a fumble when Humboldt was moving the ball with authority late in the game. Take that miscue away & the game was really a 7 point game. Yea, Coleman was missing I know. But so was Epperson in the second half. If JCS plays hard & has a good game plan then I think the game will be alot closer than alot of people think. JCS throws the ball well & most high school teams don't cover the pass that well. Look at what USJ did against Milan's secondary..........they had a tremendous night & if the USJ receivers had caught more passes it would have been a closer game. If Milan doesn't pressure the JCS QB he'll eat them up. That kid's accurate! If JCS's passing game is on then I think they'll give Milan fits. I'd pick Milan to win in a bet but I think JCS has a legimate chance to pull the upset in this one.

I think you will find the confines of Johnnie Hale sufficient. Hostile, but very nice facilities. I have respect for JCS but i think milan makes a statement in this game.

I guarantee you the Milan coaching staff is concerned about JCS. If JCS can put it all together their passing game will give anyone fits. They just don't have the depth of some of the other schools in the district. One things for sure is JCS's coaching has them believing & especially in the high school level so much of the game is mental. Their line is small but quick & smart. And they'll play the whole game! Humboldt was very flat & why I don't have a clue but JCS made a believer out of me. None of us will know till it's played on the field.

5 Facts:

JCS has looked good this season but lost to Westview, the only top tier 2A team we've played. (No offense intended to the good folks at Gibson County or Humboldt - just looking at wins and losses)

JCS has had success, which means we will not sneak up and surprise anyone the rest of the year. Teams will be ready for us.

Milan has a tradition of winning that every school in the state would love to have. They are accustomed to winning the big games, and their coaching staff knows how to get them ready. They have the type of program that breeds success year in and year out.

Milan will be bigger and faster at virtually every position on both sides of the ball. Smart play and hard work have benefitted JCS so far, but speed kills and the JCS coaching staff can not coach our kids to be faster or bigger.

Final fact - JCS does not quit and takes the field to win. It's hard to stop a man or a team who believes and just keeps on coming.

Suspicion - JCS will prepare well and play hard, but it's going to take a really good complete game to stay with the powerhouse we'll be facing in the Milan Bulldogs. Best of luck to both teams as they prepare this week.

I saw Milan defend USJ's passing game and they did rather well considering it IS high school...however JCS does pass the ball a tad better than USJ...JCS has the better receivers IMO but I do not think they have the speed to outrun Milan...JCS might have to rely on quite a few quick hook patterns or some quick slants to try and move the ball on Milan because I highly doubt Milan will get burnt deep...Good Luck to both teams!!! If not for our GOOD chance at winning this week at Gibson Co. lol I'd probably be at this one!