11AA picks

MIDTN

Yeah. I didn't think this year's version at Cheatham was as strong as the top 3 in the district last year. They got to 11-0 with Coach Carr and Megan Hunter. It's not a shock that Harpeth and Creekwood could correct some mistakes and watch some film and get better. I thought early on that Cheatham was a one pony show for the most part. I'm surprised it took 12 district games to expose them. Still, they'll be very tough in their gym during the district tournament and Megan Hunter is one heck of a player.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it hadn't been for the 103 new Plus members in January things would have been real tight. Internet advertising rates are down the last two months and projections are that they will not improve soon. I appreciate the support.

By the way, the server was down overnight because of a power outage in McLean, VA where our server comany is. Sorry for any inconvenience.

C'mon Mr. S, pay up help out Coach T..... over 1900 posts and not a member? Just $12.

It worth 3 cents a day .......

I have seen Cheatham play early and late this season and when I saw them early, I felt they would get beat by some teams when they played them the second time around. That has held true.

Trust me, there's nothing wrong with Carr and how he's coaching that team. He just doesn't have what he's had the past few years to work with. Hunter is one heck of a player.

I also agree with HHS, Flippo sees the floor better than most, along with one of Fairview's, #20, I think.

Gonna be a really fun tournament to watch. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Sorry, had to edit once I saw that this was getyourgameon's first post. Usually I don't respond to disgruntled parents.

Slube - hate to disappoint you but no parent here, just someone who likes watchin the sport. No doubt Hunter is a good ballplayer, but she can't do it alone. Same goes for Flippo. I think the point you missed is that it takes team chemistry to win ballgames, Harpeth didn't have it early on, but seems to have found theirs, Cheatham seems to be struggling with theirs. Usually coaches can take care of this and no doubt the Cheatham coach will. Still, there's plenty of talent at Cheatham, as well as Harpeth, Creekwood and Waverly - we'll get to see some good bball next week - should be interesting.

C'mon Mr. S, pay up help out Coach T..... over 1900 posts and not a member? Just $12.

It worth 3 cents a day .......

Yeah. I just haven't re-upped yet. I've been a plus member most of those 1900 posts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I even have a Coacht t-shirt. Thanks for the reminder fullcourtpress22. In looking at my membership stuff I realized it's been over a year since I was last a Plus member so I mailed a check for $24 to cover the enjoyment I had on Coacht in 2007 and future enjoyment in 2008.

Harpeth is improving as the year goes along because they are so young. They start a freshman, a couple of sophomores, one junior and one senior most of the time. Flippo's first game was the beginning of district play. She's made a difference with leadership and cutting down the silly turnovers that plagued Harpeth early in the year.

Well I hope Coach Carr can correct whatever may be wrong with Cheatham, however, just because they lost to Harpeth and Creek Wood doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong. I think they have done great thus far considering the team composition. However, I don't think they will win the district tournament on their own court. That will probably be Harpeth, Creek Wood or Waverly. There is bound to be at least one upset in the first round of districts though... but I hope not.

What a game at Creek Wood tonight with Waverly. Waverly led pretty much the whole game and then hit a dry spell in the third that allowed Creek Wood to take the lead. It was tied with 3 minutes to go, but Creek wood converted on their free throws. The five point margin was the largest for Creek Wood and they got that with 2 free throws when a sense less foul was committed with 1 second left and Franklin hit both of those. Good job both teams. I expect this to be a repeated game for the championship.

Monday's Games: 7:00

(8)Fairview @ (1)Cheatham Co.

(7)Montgomery Central @ (1)Creek Wood

(6)Sycamore @ (3)Harpeth

(5)Stewart Co. @ (4)Waverly Central

*Top four seeds: don't underestimate your opponents!

District championship is up for grabs, with top 4 seeds being the favorites. A Creek Wood/Waverly match-up is my prediction in the final.

Who does everyone think should be regular season all-district players and MVP for district 11AA? These are my picks. Note: I have not seen Montgomery Central play this year.

Megan Hunter-MVP-CCC

Dee Bates-CCC

Ashley Franklin-CW

Jasmine Darden-CW

Holli Flippo-HAR

Karley Miller-HAR

Kewanna Phennessee-WC

Ashley McCrary-WC

Megan Sills-SC

Rebecca Brown-SYC

Becky Caldwell-FV