Jefferson County @ Science Hill

FTBMAN

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is going to be a hard one to figure out. I have my opnions on what the Toppers will need to do to win but I'm a lil sketchy on Jefferson Co. and what they are about. I mean they beat West by 15 and then lose to Campbell Co. and East is riddled with injuries seems to me that they are undefeated in the old IMAC though.

Science Hill offensivley will not be the same team as last week. These kids are hungry for a win and both losses have been tied to their inability to move the ball. Their is talent on that side of the ball but it has not shown itself the last couple of weeks. The passing game seems to be the key to getting the "box" to a managable number that the offensive line can handle. With arguable the best running back in the confrence been reduced to a blocker more than a runner, we have to get completions on the edge to open up the running lanes for the running backs. There have been a few drops but the ball has to get there and stopping getting touched by the defense. The offensive line has done a great job on pass protection and save last weeks experiment with the trap blocking, can allow ball carriers to get to the edge. I expect some quick early passing to see if the qb is going to be able to be on target and I hope that he is because I think that Jeff Co is suspect in pass defense. I hope that we will see four wide and getting the ball to the edge to set the tone early and make Jeff Co back out of the box to create runnig lanes. If that doesn't happen, I would like to see the backup qb ccome in and run some option reads with the running back and be able to go downfield off the playaction once the running game gets on track. That's what I think can win the game for Science Hill either way because they will the put points on the board and force Jeff Co to try to keep up.

Science Hill defensivlely just needs to be disciplined against the veer and make the tackles. Last week, there seemed to be a lot of diviing at feet instead of inserting shoulders into the midsection of the running backs. I would like to see less of the jumping around on defense until it is passsing situations because it seems against the runs the defense tends to be on it 's heels when the ball is snapped. I love the freedom of the linebackers to move around but let the lineman get set and have a strong base to push off on. Most teams have had succes against the Toppers by running up the middle but they have had big backs and I'm not sure Jeff's backs can be as durable. I know that they have some fine ballcarriers but I think this might be the best defense that they have seen to this point as far as talent. I think the defense will have a surprise for the Patriots that might cause some difficulties early and allow the offense to get a fast start and force the Patriots to do things that they are not comfortable with doing.

Special teams edge goes to Science Hill hands down. I think that the Toppers return teams will cause Jeff Co problems all night. The Toppers kickoff team has been the only concern of mine but that's because of kids unwillingness to stay in their lanes, hopefully this won't be a problem. Our punter can change field position any time he kicks and when he get's a foot into them, the height will cause a drop. Our returners are a big play waiting to happen.

Science Hill is coming off two straight losses and is hungry. Jeff Co has won their last two and might be slightlly unprepared for the speed that the Toppers play at on both sides of the ball. I know I'm a homer but I like the Toppers by 10. Of course all of my opnions will have to become fact.

Understatement of the year /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Heck maybe we shouldn`t even make the drive up I-81

since your complaining about gas am1590 broacasts on the raido so you could save the trip.....by the way try Bearden last week and Campbell Co next week from JC