Jefferson County @ Science Hill

FTBMAN

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, hope Rickard is ok, looked like they were taking extra precautions which is expected. Saw him moving some so thats a good sign by itself. Hats off to S.Hill and Coach Smith for the class they showed after the injury.

2nd off, BIG BIG win this is one that we had to have and the boys just wouldn`t be denied. Major props to the coaches for the play calling, we mixed the pass and the run just enough to keep S.Hill off balanced. Little better execution and we would have had some VERY big plays in the passing game. I still have to yet to see something negative happen when we`ve thrown the fade, its the point I`ve tried to make all year, even an incompletion can yield positives. Boys up front did a heck of a job dealing with as many guys as S.Hill loaded in the box. The FB dive that we love to run so much drives me crazy, but tonight was the night to stay with it. Brooks ran like a wild man, S.Hill didn`t look prepared for him to get the ball as much as he did. Coach Anderson did his best Les Miles impression, great fake punt call, as well as playing to win with all the 4th down calls.

Defense took their time to wake up, but once they did they played lights out. McFall made a major difference on defense, made a bunch of plays at CB after the starter got hurt. Might have to play him both ways and work in some other guys at RB because we need plays made in the secondary like he made tonight. Front 7 played their typical game, if not for some missed tackles the game might not have been as close as it was. Hopefully the two guys that got hurt on D get back quickly, with only two games left we`ll need to be as full strength as possible so we can finish the season strong and hopefully make the post season.

Can someone please explain to me why S-Hill isnt playing their best athletes both ways?? This isnt college ball!

With the arrogance of the head coach of S-Hill, I would say S-Hill will not win another game this season. (They MIGHT beat Karns, I have my doubts)

What a shame with the athletes that S-Hill has. 3-7 or 4-6 unbelievable!

Can someone please explain to me why S-Hill isnt playing their best athletes both ways?? This isnt college ball!

With the arrogance of the head coach of S-Hill, I would say S-Hill will not win another game this season. (They MIGHT beat Karns, I have my doubts)

The exact same question I had for tv98 and he said they are trying to run a 2 platoon system. But with your playoff life on the line you should play the players that will give you the advantage right????

I hear that the next book the SH coach is writing is "How to let Your Opponent back in the game by going for it on 4th and 5 on your own 40 before half time" . He started his research last night. What a bone head move. He could have gone to halftime 14-0 but instead, he gave us great field position with a few minutes to go before half.

I hear that the next book the SH coach is writing is "How to let Your Opponent back in the game by going for it on 4th and 5 on your own 40 before half time" . He started his research last night. What a bone head move. He could have gone to halftime 14-0 but instead, he gave us great field position with a few minutes to go before half.

Leave the self proclaimed offensive genious, book writing, single A champion (with division I Recruits) garrishly dressed Gilligan alone /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Snake Evans is rolling over in his grave among others.

How do you kill a stagnat program?

Answer: bring Gilligan in.

Watch out Tribe, you too Waco. This is the set up of a Mad Genious for the BIG game and you know what I mean. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That wasn't even the worst one. Fourth and 3 near midfield, leading the game late in the fourth quarter. Go for it, don't get it, give your opponent the ball and shortfield

Don't worry, Gilligan is saving all his "real" trick plays for the DB game.

That wasn't even the worst one. Fourth and 3 near midfield, leading the game late in the fourth quarter. Go for it, don't get it, give your opponent the ball and shortfield

Well he saw us converting all those 4th down, guess he thought why not us. Although its usually the trailing team that is that aggressive not the one leading. Oh well, we cashed in and got the win so Coach Smith made all the right calls IMO /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Stats

First Downs

JC-14

SH-11

Rushing Att-Yards

JC-54-219

SH-26-92

Passes Comp-Att-Int

JC-2-9-0

SH-9-14-0

Passing Yards

JC-20

SH-114

Total Offense

JC-239

SH-206

Fumbles-Lost

JC-1-1

SH-2-2

Penalties/Yards

JC-7-45

SH-2-23

Rushing

Science Hill - Solomon Duanah, 19-98; Tomas Hill, 4-10

Jefferson County - Will Brooks, 24-161; Christian McFall, 16-39; Zack Long, 14-19

Passing

Science Hill - Daniel Sharp, 9-14-0, 114

Jefferson County - Zack Long, 2-9-0, 20

Receiving

Science Hill - Ashlon Adams, 3-41;, Tomas Hill, 3-39

SH had THREE possessions in the 2nd half

Well he saw us converting all those 4th down, guess he thought why not us. Although its usually the trailing team that is that aggressive not the one leading. Oh well, we cashed in and got the win so Coach Smith made all the right calls IMO /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I couldn't understand why SH did not go to #16 and #6 more, they were way taller than our db's were.

They kept handing the ball to #40!

The jumping around by the defense was ineffective.

I couldn't understand why SH did not go to #16 and #6 more, they were way taller than our db's were.

They kept handing the ball to #40!

The jumping around by the defense was ineffective.

I was surprised they basically never threw deep, at least to test us. The way we line up against multiple WR's leave us open to plays but SH seemed not to want to attack us there, fine by me though /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />