Morristown East vs. Cocke County

cane73

Look who's back. Man I've missed your valuable contributions to the Cocke County threads! If Greeneville "laid the wood" on them in the 1st quarter, and CC didn't get winded till after the 1st quarter, then the problem did not lie with the conditioning. Greeneville is simply a better team. Back to the Morristown East/CC game........

I do believe your stalking me farm-assist. I haven't seen you on the CC threads since your last personal attack. Maybe when CC leaves the 5 rivers conference then I won't have a reason to opine on a CONFERENCE THREAD. I would love nothing better that for CC to beat East...but face it, your pugilistic poultry don't have the juice to get the job done. You act like noone should have an opinion but CC and East fans...however...since I seem to get you to crawl out from under your rock, I'll see if I can't pop in occasionally to make sure you take the time to whine. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe your stalking me farm-assist. I haven't seen you on the CC threads since your last personal attack. Maybe when CC leaves the 5 rivers conference then I won't have a reason to opine on a CONFERENCE THREAD. I would love nothing better that for CC to beat East...but face it, your pugilistic poultry don't have the juice to get the job done. You act like noone should have an opinion but CC and East fans...however...since I seem to get you to crawl out from under your rock, I'll see if I can't pop in occasionally to make sure you take the time to whine. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I am definitely not looking for your posts. The only threads I read are the ones involving CC. I would prefer to read posts that actually have something to do with the topic. We know Greeneville beat us, as did Jeff Co., Walker Valley, etc. There's no point in constantly bringing it up though. You take football seasons one game at a time, and then you move on. When I "crawl out" from under my rock, it's when I actually get the time off of work to do so. I follow CC as much as I can, but it's hard to do on a constant basis. Obviously, some people have nothing better to do.

East had a good practice today. The coach is making changes here and there and

adding plays that should help the offense get back on track. He has three more

days work to get things smoothed out. I think these changes will move M-East

up in the Conference race.

I am definitely not looking for your posts. The only threads I read are the ones involving CC. I would prefer to read posts that actually have something to do with the topic. We know Greeneville beat us, as did Jeff Co., Walker Valley, etc. There's no point in constantly bringing it up though. You take football seasons one game at a time, and then you move on. When I "crawl out" from under my rock, it's when I actually get the time off of work to do so. I follow CC as much as I can, but it's hard to do on a constant basis. Obviously, some people have nothing better to do.

I've already put in my time and earned the right to retire.....I can spend it how I please.Obviously, tormenting you seems to please me at the moment. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

East had a good practice today. The coach is making changes here and there and

adding plays that should help the offense get back on track. He has three more

days work to get things smoothed out. I think these changes will move M-East

up in the Conference race.

I think I read this same post from someone last week? You can make changes...but if you do not have the healthy horses, it does not matter!

I am looking to see what personnel changes will be made on Morristown East offense. East's offense has had

problem all year, I think it's getting worst.Coach Hatcher has had one of the top offense,were every he has

coach. He will get the problem fixed. I am sure that their will be some personnel changes.

Go Canes!

Sometimes the more you change personel, the worse it gets, and you have to realize at the high school level at least you got to play who you got. This years defense is probably the best in recent memory, but spend way too much time on the field. In years past the Canes have been blessed with outstanding offenses but struggled defensively. The trick to having that great year is putting both a good offense and defense out there at the same time, and sometimes no matter how many changes you make it simply is not there, whether it be coach Hatcher, or Bear Bryant.

They should still have enough to beat the Fighting Cocks.

Sometimes the more you change personel, the worse it gets, and you have to realize at the high school level at least you got to play who you got.

Offense is about consistency. The players involved have to become comfortable with each other. If there is no comfort, the offense suffers considerably. I realize East has had injury troubles, but if Hatcher cannot find a unit and stay with it, the offense is not going to click. However, if changes are going to be made this is not a bad game for East to make changes. I do not believe Cocke County will be a push over for East (due to the offensive troubles), but East's defense will keep them in the game and keep CC off balance all night. In the end East will have a two TD win.

There are so many young guys getting playing time on both sides of the ball that it really makes next year and the year after look bright. I think that fans need to understand that we are not going to be a powerhouse on offense this year and it may not click until the middle of next season. the D will bring back 7 guys (Coy,Gulley,Knight,Helton,Broyles,Jones,Wills,) whom have gotten plenty of reps and at some point have started a game or more.

To be effective running the wing-t offense you must have a strong dive back (Mozier), at least one speed back (Dockery), to run outside, at least one good possession WR (Harris), an athletic QB (Ramsey) with the ability to run and throw while moving, as well as carry out all the misdirection fakes that make the wing-t go, and a mobile O-line that has the speed to pull. Last year Hatcher landed at a school that had the perfect personnel to run his offense, and they put up record breaking numbers. All of those players either graduated or are no longer with the team. That is a lot of offense to replace, especially with inexperienced players.

The exact same thing happened with coach Smith. He stepped into a perfect situation the first year he came to East with personnel that could run his power I offense. A big strong O-Line, a bulldozer FB (Bower), a fast strong back with good vision to run between the tackles (Francisco), a possession receiver (Simpson), a deep threat (Penland), and a QB (Palazolla) that had a strong accurate arm to deliver the ball, and seldom turned the ballover. That team probably had the most balanced offense in school history and is the only East offense to have a RB run for, and a QB pass for over 1,600 yards in the same season.

Smiths second year offense struggled, just like Hatchers has, but the good thing to remember is most of them became Hatchers record breaking offense of last year. It takes more time for young players to develop as offensive players, and the only teacher is experience.

To be effective running the wing-t offense you must have a strong dive back (Mozier), at least one speed back (Dockery), to run outside, at least one good possession WR (Harris), an athletic QB (Ramsey) with the ability to run and throw while moving, as well as carry out all the misdirection fakes that make the wing-t go, and a mobile O-line that has the speed to pull. Last year Hatcher landed at a school that had the perfect personnel to run his offense, and they put up record breaking numbers. All of those players either graduated or are no longer with the team. That is a lot of offense to replace, especially with inexperienced players.

The exact same thing happened with coach Smith. He stepped into a perfect situation the first year he came to East with personnel that could run his power I offense. A big strong O-Line, a bulldozer FB (Bower), a fast strong back with good vision to run between the tackles (Francisco), a possession receiver (Simpson), a deep threat (Penland), and a QB (Palazolla) that had a strong accurate arm to deliver the ball, and seldom turned the ballover. That team probably had the most balanced offense in school history and is the only East offense to have a RB run for, and a QB pass for over 1,600 yards in the same season.

Smiths second year offense struggled, just like Hatchers has, but the good thing to remember is most of them became Hatchers record breaking offense of last year. It takes more time for young players to develop as offensive players, and the only teacher is experience.

Well, you do know your east high football and I agree 100%. They do have good atheletes to play the positions that you mentioned for the future. A strong dive back (Helton?), at least one speed back (Blanton), to run outside, at least one good possession WR (Clark), an athletic QB (Howell) with the ability to run and throw while moving, as well as carry out all the misdirection fakes that make the wing-t go, and a mobile O-line. The whole issue is that these guys are green and as you said, the only teacher is experience.