MBA-Brentwood Academy

YamRocks

I disagree. If it came down to being who was more well coached, then give the win to MBA who has beaten BA throughout the years by being more disciplined and coached better. BA seems to always have better athletes, but its MBA's discipline and preparation that always makes this into such a great game. MBA 24- BA 21

Please don't start with the MBA is better coached speech. I hate how the perception out there is that BA that is head over heals more talented than MBA, but those boys at MBA make up for it with coaching and toughness. MBA has two seniors committed to UT (and several underclassmen that will go Div. I), I'm not about to throw a pitty party over their lack of talent. I hate hearing about how MBA is "better prepared" and more discplined. What does it mean to be better prepared? They watch more film? Their players are more intelligent? Come on, give it a rest. No doubt, MBA has always been a very well coached team. But that doesn't mean that they are more well coached THIS YEAR. MBA has the youngest coach in the conference, a guy who is a first year head coach at a program that matters (FRA is not worth mentioning). Potter at BA has coached for 10 years in Div. II and has a state championship ring. At least wait until after the game to start the "better prepared," more disciplined speech, better coached speech.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gut feel is BA because of the following team analysis:

Defensive side of the line:I would expect MBA to line up with eight-man offensive line at times to punch through BA defense. This could put the wear-down on BA's line if MBA keeps hammering as the game goes on. This could break some long runs as the game goes into the late third and early fourth quarter. BA defensive ends (99 & 98) like to come off the offensive tackle with their speed and play havoc on the offensive backfield. Specialty is chasing QB and driving them to the ground. BA defensive tackles (66 & 65) are run stuffers that excel on getting a push up the middle on passing situations. I would have to put BA better at the passing game defense and MBA better at the run game defense.

Advantage: Even

Offensive side of the line:

BA has a better passing attack than MBA. MBA will be throwing to the big Tight-ends to see if they break tackle and add yardage after catch. BA will be more open and passing down the sidelines. Mostly likely the ball will sail three yards out-of-bounds but the Ref??™s will call defensive inference on the corners to keep the drives alive. If MBA can stay in front of the receiver and press on sideline passes, two things will happen. 1) Defensive interference call on the cornerback, 2) Interception if the corner can get turned around and the ball is thrown short, then a flag for defensive interference to overturn the interception. Chris Jordon coming out of the backfield for short-dump passes is effective. Scott Jordon has tendency to break initial tackles for extra yardage. MBA needs to hit hard and wrap up. BA tendency is to run in the three-hole. BA left tackle and guard are consistent on will clearing the hole for a five yard run by any of the BA running back.

MBA has the best offensive line. I would expect the game plan is to wear BA down by running between the tackles. Throw in a quick pass on the slant to the TE will keep BA honest. The Tight Ends are physical and can break runs after catch. Bartholomew is excellent at coming out of the backfield as a blocker, push off to get distance, and make a catch over the left side about seven yards out. As with Chris Jordon, Ben Bartholomew will break tackles and gain extra yardage after catch. MBA can lull BA to sleep with the run and pop a pass for a long gain.

Advantage: Even

Special Teams:

MBA has the best kicker around. Forty-seven yards is about the limit but accurate. He will be seen on Saturday in the near future, winning games for some college team. He can win this for BA in a tight, low scoring game. MBA punter is good hang time and long punt in 35 to 40 yard range. BA doesn??™t match up with MBA in the kicking game. BA advantage is in the punt/kickoff return. It is hard to return the ball when the ball is kicked into the end zone for touchbacks. As well, it is hard to return the punt when the hang time allows the gunner to be on top of the punt returner.

Advantage: MBA

Coaching:

MBA has assembled an excellent coaching staff that has turned this team around in 2007. BA coaching staff has been steady influence at the school with a new head coach stepping into a plum position with plenty of experience coaching on DII level. BA is better at the coaching position at this date in time.

Advantage: BA

Intangibles:

Game Referees:

If the game officials (especially the head official) are private school game officials, BA has the advantage with school affiliation influence over the years in developing long term relationships. If the game officials are public school, most likely even advantage but BA still has the advantage with school affiliation influence over the years in developing long term relationships. If the game is going to be called fair on both sides, it will be known in the first quarter. If MBA gets phantom calls early, you will know what up. MBA coach will have display his concern with the head game official early and often to make sure no team receives any advantage in phantom flagging.

Advantage: BA

Prediction:

BA seems to come out on top in close games. It must be the halo or something close to it.

Advantage: BA 24 - MBA 21

Question? Chris Jordon Dad moved from Georgia in 2006 for job in area, Dad paying BA tuition, needs base tuition assistance, or none of my business?

Is there such a thing as private school officials and public school officials? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Also, someone earlier said that in over 30 years no one had ever proven that BA recruited. I believe the Supreme Court recently found BA to have used "undue influence" when Carlton Flatt sent that letter...is that not the same thing?

My gut feel is BA because of the following team analysis:

Defensive side of the line:I would expect MBA to line up with eight-man offensive line at times to punch through BA defense. This could put the wear-down on BA's line if MBA keeps hammering as the game goes on. This could break some long runs as the game goes into the late third and early fourth quarter. BA defensive ends (99 & 98) like to come off the offensive tackle with their speed and play havoc on the offensive backfield. Specialty is chasing QB and driving them to the ground. BA defensive tackles (66 & 65) are run stuffers that excel on getting a push up the middle on passing situations. I would have to put BA better at the passing game defense and MBA better at the run game defense.

Advantage??¦Even

Offensive side of the line:

BA has a better passing attack than MBA. MBA will be throwing to the big Tight-ends to see if they break tackle and add yardage after catch. BA will be more open and passing down the sidelines. Mostly likely the ball will sail three yards out-of-bounds but the Ref??™s will call defensive inference on the corners to keep the drives alive. If MBA can stay in front of the receiver and press on sideline passes, two things will happen. 1) Defensive interference call on the cornerback, 2) Interception if the corner can get turned around and the ball is thrown short, then a flag for defensive interference to overturn the interception. Scott Jordon coming out of the backfield for short-dump passes is effective. Scott Jordon has tendency to break initial tackles for extra yardage. MBA needs to hit hard and wrap up. BA tendency is to run in the three-hole. BA left tackle and guard are consistent on will clearing the hole for a five yard run by any of the BA running back.

MBA has the best offensive line. I would expect the game plan is to wear BA down by running between the tackles. Throw in a quick pass on the slant to the TE will keep BA honest. The Tight Ends are physical and can break runs after catch. Bartholomew is excellent at coming out of the backfield as a blocker, push off to get distance, and make a catch over the left side about seven yards out. As with Scott Jordon, Ben Bartholomew will break tackles and gain extra yardage after catch. MBA can lull BA to sleep with the run and pop a pass for a long gain.

Advantage??¦Even

Special Teams:

MBA has the best kicker around. Forty-seven yards is about the limit but accurate. He will be seen on Saturday in the near future, winning games for some college team. He can win this for BA in a tight, low scoring game. MBA punter is good hang time and long punt in 35 to 40 yard range. BA doesn??™t match up with MBA in the kicking game. BA advantage is in the punt/kickoff return. It is hard to return the ball when the ball is kicked into the end zone for touchbacks. As well, it is hard to return the punt when the hang time allows the gunner to be on top of the punt returner.

Advantage??¦MBA

Coaching:

MBA has assembled an excellent coaching staff that has turned this team around in 2007. BA coaching staff has been steady influence at the school with a new head coach stepping into a plum position with plenty of experience coaching on DII level. BA is better at the coaching position at this date in time.

Advantage??¦BA

Intangibles:

Game Referees:

If the game officials (especially the head official) are private school game officials, BA has the advantage with school affiliation influence over the years in developing long term relationships. If the game officials are public school, most likely even advantage but BA still has the advantage with school affiliation influence over the years in developing long term relationships. If the game is going to be called fair on both sides, it will be known in the first quarter. If MBA gets phantom calls early, you will know what up. MBA coach will have display his concern with the head game official early and often to make sure no team receives any advantage in phantom flagging.

Advantage??¦BA

Prediction:

BA seems to come out on top in close games. It must be the halo or something close to it.

Advantage??¦BA 24 ??“ MBA 21

Question? Scott Jordon??¦Dad moved from Georgia in 2006 for job in area, Dad paying BA tuition, needs base tuition assistance, or none of my business?

Rapbwood, probably the most in depth, detailed analysis I have ever seen on the board. I felt like I was listening to Kirk Herbstriet on ESPN til you call CJ Scott Jordan..........it's uh...........Chris Jordan... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ...I'll give you an A for effort! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is there such a thing as private school officials and public school officials? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Also, someone earlier said that in over 30 years no one had ever proven that BA recruited. I believe the Supreme Court recently found BA to have used "undue influence" when Carlton Flatt sent that letter...is that not the same thing?

There were 14 boys that had signed contracts. 13 had submitted deposit checks. He only sent letters to the 13 that had both signed and paid. The one boy who had only signed but not paid was not sent the letter. Most reasonable people that were not on a witch hunt or biased, do not feel that he unduly influenced kids that had already signed and paid. If he was really trying to influence someone, why would he not pester the kid's family that had not paid? Bottom line is, you can't recruit students that you already have.

There were 14 boys that had signed contracts. 13 had submitted deposit checks. He only sent letters to the 13 that had both signed and paid. The one boy who had only signed but not paid was not sent the letter. Most reasonable people that were not on a witch hunt or biased, do not feel that he unduly influenced kids that had already signed and paid. If he was really trying to influence someone, why would he not pester the kid's family that had not paid? Bottom line is, you can't recruit students that you already have.

Thank you USA1. Someone has facts finally.

Rapbwood, probably the most in depth, detailed analysis I have ever seen on the board. I felt like I was listening to Kirk Herbstriet on ESPN til you call CJ Scott Jordan..........it's uh...........Chris Jordan... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ...I'll give you an A for effort! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My bad, /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> I've done it more than once calling Chris...Scott. I can't seem to break the habit. I'll blame it on the Herbstriet thing. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

On the analysis, a great coach will run what works previous with a twist to disguise the actual intent. It will be interesting to see which coach is best at disguising the play they will actually run with success.

I disagree. If it came down to being who was more well coached, then give the win to MBA who has beaten BA throughout the years by being more disciplined and coached better. BA seems to always have better athletes, but its MBA's discipline and preparation that always makes this into such a great game. MBA 24- BA 21

I agree that MBA has beaten BA in the past because of coaching and heart or discipline or some intangible. Who can forget the Clinic Bowl of 2002? I would say BA sometimes has better athletes, but there has been years that MBA had better athletes, as well. Who could forget that stable of athletes that MBA brought to the field in 2003? This year BA has good athletes but starts freshmen and sophomores in key positions. It is actually a semi-rebuilding year. Who knows who is better coached this year? Both coaches are new. You can't use previous years to make the call in the coaching department. All bets our off and new chapters are to be written.

I agree that MBA has beaten BA in the past because of coaching and heart or discipline or some intangible. Who can forget the Clinic Bowl of 2002? I would say BA sometimes has better athletes, but there has been years that MBA had better athletes, as well. Who could forget that stable of athletes that MBA brought to the field in 2003? This year BA has good athletes but starts freshmen and sophomores in key positions. It is actually a semi-rebuilding year. Who knows who is better coached this year? Both coaches are new. You can't use previous years to make the call in the coaching department. All bets our off and new chapters are to be written.

It's not semi-rebuilding. It reloading. This year BA team is better than 2006 BA team, win or loose against MBA. It just don't get any better on the defensive line.

Rapbwood, probably the most in depth, detailed analysis I have ever seen on the board. I felt like I was listening to Kirk Herbstriet on ESPN til you call CJ Scott Jordan..........it's uh...........Chris Jordan... ...I'll give you an A for effort!

Agree a very good post.

Is it true Chris Jordan was recruited my BA from Atlanta, Ga?

I see he is looking at Alabama, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Tennessee. Any idea which school he is leaning toward?